Food lovers Guide to Australia

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by PeterL, May 9, 2007.

  1. PeterL

    PeterL Guest

    Tags:

  2. PeterL

    PeterL Guest

    "James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not> wrote in

    > PeterL wrote on Thu, 10 May 2007 08:43:09 +0200 (CEST):
    >

    > http://www20.sbs.com.au/foodlovers/feast_results.php?seriesID=5&episode
    > ID=
    > P> 65&key=#
    >
    > P> http://tinyurl.com/2cwmea
    >
    > P> And, I'm going to try my hand at making my own olives.
    >
    > Let's keep religion out of the discussion :)

    Opps!!! OK, I'm going to try my hand at pickling my own olives!!!

    (Believe me, if I could make olives, I'd be turning the water red first ;-)

    --
    Peter Lucas
    Brisbane

    "People sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in
    the night to do violence to those who would do them harm"
    -- George Orwell

  3. Phred

    Phred Guest

    In article <Xns992D9113285PeterLhomebrissiecom@194.177.96.78>, PeterL <Noneofyour@goddambusiness.com> wrote:
    >"James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not> wrote in
    >> PeterL wrote on Thu, 10 May 2007 08:43:09 +0200 (CEST):
    >> P>
    >> http://www20.sbs.com.au/foodlovers/feast_results.php?seriesID=5&episode
    >> ID=P65&key=#
    >>
    >> P> http://tinyurl.com/2cwmea
    >>
    >> P> And, I'm going to try my hand at making my own olives.
    >>
    >> Let's keep religion out of the discussion :)

    >Opps!!! OK, I'm going to try my hand at pickling my own olives!!!
    >
    >(Believe me, if I could make olives, I'd be turning the water red first ;-)

    Reminds me of an agri-religio topic when I was at university decades
    ago.

    One of our more fundamental colleagues challenged our resident
    catholic theologian on that "Christ turned water into wine" legend in
    the NT.

    According to the evangelical, this wouldn't have been possible
    "because wine takes a significant time to ferment" so the miracle was
    simply a matter of turning water into grape juice. (No EtOH there. :)

    As the mick pointed out, anyone who can go that first step is hardly
    likely to stumble over a little problem with fermentation time!

    Cheers, Phred.

    --
    ppnerkDELETE@THISyahoo.com.INVALID

Share This Page