Foot pain... Need solution!

mzagorski

Jun 17, 2003
Maybe shouldn't be in this forum, but Roadies seems like a good place to begin.

My roadied friend has been getting pain in both feet. Kinda near the ball of his foot but more towards the outside. Its ok when he sits and spins but when he starts putting pressure on the pedals the pain starts.

As far as I remember, he rides with Sidi shoes and Campag pedals.

Really want to get this guys problem fixed... very good rider and he's not able to ride at the moment :mad: Please help!

Originally posted by mzagorski

My roadied friend has been getting pain in both feet. Kinda near the ball of his foot but more towards the outside. Its ok when he sits and spins but when he starts putting pressure on the pedals the pain starts.

Really want to get this guys problem fixed... very good rider and he's not able to ride at the moment :mad: Please help!
I'm a Podiatrist. Sounds like the sidi shoes are too narrow . try the sidi mega which have a wider forefoot or Carnac which run wider. Also if you have the $ there are companies that make custom molded cycling shoes.

Originally posted by mzagorski

http://www.d2customfootwear.com. I swear by the shoes and insoles!

(no affiliation!)

I have a similar problem, and the other problem is I don't have the $$ to go out and buy new shoes. I never had that problem before, took a break over the winter season & when I got back on my foot hurt like hell.

No changes to the bike setup was done over winter. No changes in my cleats.

I have now tried to loosen, fasten the straps. Changed bike set up. Changed cleat position. Nothing.

Any help, not concerning $$ would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Provided there is enough room in your cycling shoes, custom orthotics might help. These do end up costing some $ though.

I also find that the cleat fitting shifts over time, through repeated unclipping. Readjustment reduces the pressure and eliminates any pain.