Frame Swapping?

TheStig99

Nov 14, 2010
Anybody have any advice for a frame swap. The project would be swapping the stock frame from a Giant Rapid 3 to a carbon frame. I am assuming sticking with the same manufacturer would be advisable.

You can move the parts which are currently on your GIANT RAPID 3 to almost any frame ...

Your only concerns are the seatpost size ... possibly, the headset type (integrated vs. standard), rear hub O.L.D. (135mm vs. 130mm), and possibly the front derailleur clamp size.

However, I'm not sure whether or not you will experience a great benefit from changing from the stock frame to a CF frame ...

If you were to move ALL of the components from the current bike to a CF frame, you may reduce the total weight of the "new" bike by about 1.0 lb from the weight of the original bike. -- that is, if your Giant Rapid 3 bike currently weighs 24 lbs (for example), the reconfigured bike will probably weigh about 23 lbs.

What are you trying to achieve?

don´t forget the BB (bottom bracket) compatibility,
+1 on frame swaps after your frame starts to get old and/or battered,
i like the feel of a new frame with my current accessories, feels more familiar to you in the road, nowadays however complete bikes could offer you a greater overall value than they have done before.