Gas powered bikes

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
I hate 'em. At a stop on the way home from a ride, a gas powered bike was there, and I'm positive it was leaking gas faster than the engine could ever burn it. Lovely. I'm not sure what the sales angle on 'em is, other than the bikes allow a person to avoid losing precious cellulite based insulation. They're certainly not environmentally sound as the engines are archaic two strokes which tend to burn crappily and through liquid oil out the exhaust. They're not exactly fuel misers.

I especially love them for the way their riders barrel down bike lanes. Nothing says fun like getting buzzed by one at night. It must be a condition of purchase that the owners not mount any lights on them. Straight lines are unfamiliar to their "pilots," too. I think they're exactly the sort of thing that Toe Cutter and his gang would have dug. I'm almost positive it was a gas powered bicycle that was used to kill Max Rockatansky's wife and kid. I'll bet the Sudanese army commits its slaughter and genocide on gas powered bikes. Every time I see one of the f**king things, I think of the Bruce Cockburn song and fantasize....."....if I had a rocket launcher...."

Isnt that called a motorcycle? What do they have to do with bicycles? What kind of exercise do you get on one of those things? Harley people arent cyclists, IMO.

At least they are not taking up the space of a car,

and they are getting outside, instead of rotting indoors.

Bruce, the guy I met yesterday, has a bad hip.

He could not handle a regular bike. So he has a motorized bike.

What's better? To ride, or not?

As soon as the notion of "bi cycle" was realized,

motors were dreamed about, ah,

the true mechanical horse at last!

Mr. Roper, can't you get up, sir?

Reactions: qdc15
Last time I took my mountain board for a spin, some guy asked me if it had a motor. He lost interest when I told him it didn't...... Maybe the guys on those gas-powered bikes have an inkling that women in theshe Yoo-nited Shtatesh want NOTHING to do with men who do NOT use some type of carbon-emitting machinery. Or maybe they're just lazy. Smart money's on lazy. What bugs me sometimes is that this city legally considers anything with an engine smaller than 50 cc's a 'bicycle'. So not only do you get gas-powered bicycles on the bike paths, you also get those Vespa-wanna-bes chained to the bike racks.....

We have a new store in town which sells electric motors/drivetrains for bicycles. Now, folks who want an electric or gas powered MOTORcycle have my blessing...but they are NOT "bicycles".

Not for me,it is not a bike,c'mon,no bike,we have a few buzzing around here they all look like mopeds,backing up traffic and super loud.