Gerald Benesh, an unethical "Doctor" of Natural Hygiene

Eric Erpelding

Guest
Some facts about Gerald Benesh, D.C.

He exaggerated the curative powers of fasting and natural
hygiene diets.

He "treated" people with ailments who came to him, using
urine samples, and iridology to diagnois a person. His
prescription usually consisted of a typewritten food
combination diet for the person to follow, fasting was also
often prescribed by "Dr" Benesh.

This is nothing more than practicing medicine without
a license.

Ailments "treated" by Benesh were ulcers, tumors, polyps in
the colon, alergies, and I am sure many others.

He "treated" one individual who had AIDS and made the
statement that "He will be dancing on the grave of his
doctor."

No wonder Benesh was always very careful to keep a low
profile wherever he lived, whether in Arizona, or in
California.

"Eric Erpelding" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Some facts about Gerald Benesh, D.C.
>
> He exaggerated the curative powers of fasting and natural
> hygiene diets.
>
> He "treated" people with ailments who came to him, using
> urine samples, and iridology to diagnois a person. His
> prescription usually consisted of a typewritten food
> combination diet for the person to follow, fasting was
> also often prescribed by "Dr" Benesh.
>
> This is nothing more than practicing medicine without a
> license.
>
> Ailments "treated" by Benesh were ulcers, tumors, polyps
> in the colon, alergies, and I am sure many others.
>
> He "treated" one individual who had AIDS and made the
> statement that "He will be dancing on the grave of his
> doctor."
>
> No wonder Benesh was always very careful to keep a low
> profile wherever he lived, whether in Arizona, or in
> California.
And where do YOU live? Did you lose money because of
Dr. Benesh?

Instead of trying to destroy people - look for the good. My wife is very grateful for what we learned from Gerald Benesh and how he helped her. I absolutely dissagree that you call what he does "practicing without a license". There was absolutely no pretence that he was NOT a medical doctor. We had been to medical doctors and didn't get help - just pills. Glad it is still legal in this country to consider alternative treatment options - pills aren't considered the best options by many of us.

Gerald Benesh died at age 90. The average life span of an M.D. in this Country is about 70. So evidently having that magical liscense doesn't give one a longer life span.

Recently a friend died of cancer. It was multiplying inside his body everywhere. His wife was in a panic state, so she took him to Huntington Memorial Hospital here in Pasadena, CA.

He stayed five days, and they charged hm $17,000 per day. Then he went home and died a a week or so later.

I'll take the treatment of an "unethical Dr. Benesh" over that any day!!

  • Like
Reactions: Frattolillo
Dr. Benesh was treating people according to the philosophy he adopted as a Chiropractor and Naturopath. Both fields believe that the body has the natural ability to heal itself if given the opportunity to do so and when cleared of any hindrances. Nutrition and fasting have been a key to health for centuries - even the Bible discusses the importance of both. History will show these practices in place in cultures around the world and are still used today, especially in countries where they must rely upon the resources they have at hand.

We each have a choice to make in our own health care, no one can make that choice but us. There is plenty of information available to make an informed decision, ignorance is not an excuse in this area. Dr. Benesh was a good man, he was my physician for several years until I moved, and I learned much from him about caring for the body in a natural manner. The body will tell much about itself from the analysis of urine and other body fluids as well as its external condition: skin, eyes, hair, teeth, gums, nails, etc. Even medical physicians look at all of these when evaluating a patient. Hence vital signs, physical observations, and subjective information from the patient. Physicians take in all this information, even if the patient is not fully cognizant they are doing so because it seems so "routine", they take it for granted without fully understanding "why". So many people do not care about these seemingly "trivial" things the physician is doing, they just want a prescription for a medication to make it better.

I believe there is a place for both approaches to medical care. I'm not dismissing the importance of traditional medicine, but we should not condemn what we don't understand. The body was designed to heal itself in most situations and should be given the chance to do so, but that also requires caring for the body as it was intended to be cared for and the modern diet and lifestyle doesn't meet these requirements in most cases. Mental attitude has a huge role to play also, and looking for the good in things rather than focusing on the negative goes a long way in supporting the health of our bodies.

Do your homework, there is plenty of research and information to support alternative medicine. Even the traditional medical community is pushing "wellness" over the traditional healthcare approach of the past. They are acknowledging that we need to invest our time, money, and resources in preventative care and reduce the amount of money and government spending to care for the millions of people with preventable diseases....obesity, diabetes, and cardiac disease. Cancer from smoking and liver disease from drinking, just to name a few . The drug companies aren't too happy with this model, but the physicians who watch people die daily from preventable disease and truly care about their patients, are all for it.

I was with Dr Benesh for over 20 years and he gave me my life back. I followed his lifestyle to a tee and after being seriously sick with Crones Disease, I was completely cured. I fasted, ate raw food for one year and slowly added his food combining and juicing into my diet. I have been well for over 30 years now and owe it all the Saint of a man, called Dr. Benesh.

  • Like
Reactions: Frattolillo
Hi there,

Do you still have his diet? I have the basics but don't remember the meals for dinner. He would combine green beans with a baked potato for example. I know breakfast was juice then fruit, and lunch was juice and then salad, dinner juice and veggie, one carb (corn on the cob, potato, yam, brown rice), but I can't remember the combinations of those meals. I would LOVE to have that. I never forgot Dr. Benesh. He saved a friend of mine's life.

I went to Dr. Benesh in 1974 when I was 24 years old. I had cysts on my ovaries so large and painful the MD's wanted to cut out my ovaries. I also had gall stones, kidney stones, pleurisy of my lungs, colitis, low blood sugar, anemia amoung other symptoms of the S.A.D. diet. S.A.D. meaning the Sad American Diet! The MD's also wanted to cut out my gall bladder and said there was nothing they could so about the colitis except wait until it developed into diverticulitis and diverticulosis and then cut out parts of my colon. They did not have ultra sound to break up the kidney stones back then.

Dr. Benesh put me on a series of water and juice fasts and then on the raw food diet. I was well in 5 months. I am now almost 64 years old and I am well and feeling great. I still have all my parts!! And everyone tell me I look like I am in my 40's. Dr. Benesh told me that when fasting the body excretes excess bile and the bile dissolves the kidney stones. Now there is a supplement that does the same thing without fasting and it really does work. I put my husband on it when he had kidney stones and they dissolved.

The MD's also tell you that to treat anemia you must take iron supplements and eat liver and take iron shots. All this made me very sick, constipated, with severe headaches and was poisoning me especially since my body does not eliminate heavy metals. Dr. Benesh informed me that I was not necessarily low in iron. He said when I make my juices to add dark green leafy veggies but not so much spinach or Swiss chard since they are high in oxalic acid which can cause kidney stones and can bind up the calcium in the greens making it unusable by the body. He said to eat lots of dark green leafy lettuce in a 1 pound raw veggie salad daily. And to add baby collard greens, parsley, cilantro, etc to my juice. He said that the chlorophyll in the greens has the same molecular structure as a red blood cell. He said it also does the exact same thing as a red blood cell in that it carries oxygen to the cells and takes waste out of the cells. The only difference between a red blood cell and a chlorophyll cell is the nucleus of the cell. The nucleus of a red blood cell is iron and the nucleus of a chlorophyll cell is magnesium. Viola' I have not had anemia since then.

When he told me I had a clean bill of health he also said to get out of his office and that he did not want to see me again because if I get sick again I will know why and how I got sick and I know how to get myself well again. I have deviated from the diet off and on throughout the years with dire consequences but I always knew how to get myself well and yesterday I just broke my 40 day juice fast and I am back on the original raw foods diet Dr. Benesh put me on. He allowed me one cooked food meal per week after my large salad which consisted of either a baked potato and steamed green beans or baked sweet potato with steamed broccoli. I had gone off the diet over the holidays and was feeling very bad. I was having headaches, back and neck aches with inflammation and swelling of those areas because that's where the toxins lodged. I was exhausted and sleeping 12 hours a day and needing to take naps during the day. All those symptoms are gone now.

Over the years I have told many people about the diet I was on. Two people had terminal cancer. One was given 6 months to live and the other was given 3 months by the MD's. The MD's gave up on them and sent them home to die. Both went on the diet and both are still alive and well today after over 20 years! Others were able to get off thier blood pressure meds and
other meds as well.

The food combining Dr. Benesh recommended was this. And you can also find this info online also. He said don't mix starches and protein together. He said don't mix sweet fruits with acid fruits. Sweet and sub acid is OK and acid and sub acid is OK. Eat melons alone or leave them alone. Don't drink with meals. Wait at least 15 minutes after drinking to eat and 2 hours after eating to drink. Don't mix protein with fruit and don't fruit with veggies except you can mix fruit with lettuce as in making a fruit salad. Avocados are a fruit so you can mix them with fruit but you can also mix them with protein since they don't have any fruit acids. I hope this helps you who asked about the food combing.

The wrong food combining that is prevalently taught and recommended is mixing beans and rice. That would be mixing protein with starch. The reason that myth is going around is because some so called nutritionists said you have to combine the 2 in order to get a complete protein or you will be deficient in protein/amino acids. Not true. That was the belief before they had the testing of the individual fruits, veggies and nuts. What is considered a complete protein is anything that contains the 8 essential amino acids. They thought that some foods did not contain all 8 so they deemed them as incomplete and recommended to combine them with other foods that they knew did contain these alledgedly missing ones. Now with more sensitive and complete testing that even a banana does contain all 8 essential amino acids.

The reason you don't want to mix protein with starch is because each require different and opposing digestive enzymes that counteract each other and then the protein sits longer in the stomach and putrefies and the starches sit longer in the stomach and they ferment. You don't want to mix fruit with protein or starches because fruit does not require a long time to digest like starches and proteins so they also ferment. All this incorrect food combining turns all the food into rotten, fermented, gaseous, toxins and it takes an enormous amount of energy to digest it. That is why after eating a SAD Thanksgiving or Christmas meal you fall asleep shortly afterwards. It takes as much energy to digest it as it does to go outside and dig a ditch for 8 hours! And what doesn't digest just poisons the body.

Anyway, if it hadn't been for Dr. Benesh I doubt seriously if I would still be alive or if I would be I would not have all my parts and I would be sick. I know my 2 friends who had cancer would have died long ago. Dr. Benesh has saved not only my life but the lives of any. Over the years I have come up against some pretty stiff opposition in trying to spread the word to those who really need it. There are 2 other people who refused to change their diet and both died young of cancer. I give a tribute to Dr. Benesh for all he has accomplished in his life and I thank God every day for him and the influence he had in my life and the lives of others. He has truly done a great service to society. I applaud his lifelong dedication to the healing of his fellow man. He will be sorely missed. Where are the great health practitioners of today. Who will pick up his baton and run with it directly in the face of a AMA and pharmaceutically controlled society who want to shut the true healers down?

Does anyone still have Benesh diet? I did it for 3.5 years and never felt better. He saved the life of a friend of mine with 40 days of fasting. I can remember green beans with potato, but don’t remember the combining of veggies for dinner. Anyone?

I was with Dr Benesh for over 20 years and he gave me my life back. I followed his lifestyle to a tee and after being seriously sick with Crones Disease, I was completely cured. I fasted, ate raw food for one year and slowly added his food combining and juicing into my diet. I have been well for over 30 years now and owe it all the Saint of a man, called Dr. Benesh.
Do you still remember his diet? I need the way he combined the veggies with the starch for dinners.

[...]

I went to him in 1977 when I was 32. I ate that way for years and just wish I still had his diet. Does anyone have his diet?? Has anyone taken over his practice or follow his guidelines?