GJ - missed drug test????

patrick

Guest
Hello????

how on earth can she be allowed to start a world cup after missing a
drug test? Yes, Yes, due process, etc... but did she miss it or not?
and was the requirement for her number called also properly posted?
those are the only two pertinent questions. If both are yes, then she
should receive a ban. period.

As an elite level athlete... it is the responsiblity of the RIDER
(obviously, with the help and guidance of their manager..but it is
ULTIMATELY the RIDER's RESPONSIBILITY to take the necessary steps to
ensure compliance with the rules.

GJ should receive the maximum ban available for this oversight. Only
when the govenrning bodies (usa, canada, and all of the rest of the
sporting world) takes an agressive stance.. then will people stop
using drugs.

I am in no way insinuating that she may have been doping or that she
might have missed a test on purpose, but at every UCI event - a list
is posted by the commisaires that indicates which rider number has
been called for testing. When I helped at a UCI event (several years
ago) one of the items that every single rider on the team was
responsible to do after the event was to check and see if their number
had been pulled. THey (the officials/commisaires) even discussed the
names and numbers over race radio during the event - so every manager
knew, but it still remained the RESPONSIBILITY of the RIDER to double
check the POSTED list of drug tests.!!!!!

It is a simple process and anyone who has competed in more then one
UCI event has the full and complete understanding of where the drug
tent/trailer/buidling (I believe it must be within 1k of the
finish???) is located and should be aware of the procedures to ensure
compliance. For someone who has been to many many many UCI level
events (and also has a cloud hanging over her head already!@!!!) she
should have been even more vigilant to comply. the fact that she
'missed' a drug test should be treated with the harshest reality that
is available to the UCI (and vis a vis, the usa cycling management as
she has a USA license - but also re; the Canadians for her
participation in other UCI/national team events).

She SHOULD NOT NOT NOT be allowed to start the MOntreal WC. It is a
FARCE of the RULES and makes drug testing a laughable proposition!

just my 2 cents..

patrick wrote:
> Hello????
>
> how on earth can she be allowed to start a world cup after missing a
> drug test? Yes, Yes, due process, etc... but did she miss it or not?
> and was the requirement for her number called also properly posted?
> those are the only two pertinent questions. If both are yes, then she
> should receive a ban. period.
>
> As an elite level athlete... it is the responsiblity of the RIDER
> (obviously, with the help and guidance of their manager..but it is
> ULTIMATELY the RIDER's RESPONSIBILITY to take the necessary steps to
> ensure compliance with the rules.
>
> GJ should receive the maximum ban available for this oversight. Only
> when the govenrning bodies (usa, canada, and all of the rest of the
> sporting world) takes an agressive stance.. then will people stop
> using drugs.
>
> I am in no way insinuating that she may have been doping or that she
> might have missed a test on purpose, but at every UCI event - a list
> is posted by the commisaires that indicates which rider number has
> been called for testing. When I helped at a UCI event (several years
> ago) one of the items that every single rider on the team was
> responsible to do after the event was to check and see if their number
> had been pulled. THey (the officials/commisaires) even discussed the
> names and numbers over race radio during the event - so every manager
> knew, but it still remained the RESPONSIBILITY of the RIDER to double
> check the POSTED list of drug tests.!!!!!
>
> It is a simple process and anyone who has competed in more then one
> UCI event has the full and complete understanding of where the drug
> tent/trailer/buidling (I believe it must be within 1k of the
> finish???) is located and should be aware of the procedures to ensure
> compliance. For someone who has been to many many many UCI level
> events (and also has a cloud hanging over her head already!@!!!) she
> should have been even more vigilant to comply. the fact that she
> 'missed' a drug test should be treated with the harshest reality that
> is available to the UCI (and vis a vis, the usa cycling management as
> she has a USA license - but also re; the Canadians for her
> participation in other UCI/national team events).
>
> She SHOULD NOT NOT NOT be allowed to start the MOntreal WC. It is a
> FARCE of the RULES and makes drug testing a laughable proposition!
>
> just my 2 cents..

even better is that this was a post race test. She'd already posted an
anomolous A sample, but was cleared on her B sample. In this instance
wouldn't one really really want to make sure they made the appointment?
One wonders how a rider "forgets" a screening. What you just look at
the UCI minder and say excuse me for a minute I have to.......