Grocery shopper panniers

HOLY COW!?!

It's YOUR money ...

But, unless you live on-or-near Pacific Heights where fashion is probably an issue, I think you may want to go to your local REI or PERFORMANCE BICYCLE and get a PAIR of "regular" touring panniers which have the capacity you think you want ...

There is something to be said for having a balanced load on your bike.

I get it. Those aren't cheap. But then again buying two decent touring panniers for "balance" will run the same or more. Anything less than that is just that....cheap. I have read in several places and talked to a couple of people who bought the cheaper alternatives and they were worn out in no time. It's like that in other ways...you can buy quality once for a long haul or you can go cheap and have to replace soon. So far, I haven't found anyone using something like the Arkel or Ortleib so I don't know if they are truly better, hence why I posted on here.

Ortleib sacks are discussed in the thread immediately below started by letitherobe (June 22, 2015) ...

You can probably PM the people who have them ...
As far as the less expensive panniers failing, if they are made of Cordura then it must the seams which failed which would probably be due to the failure to use some care (e.g., "liner" bags) ... if the panniers which failed weren't made of Cordura, then the "liner" bags (e.g., a reusable shopping bag of any ilk) are probably a must ...

Remember, UV degrades nylon, canvas, and most other materials after time.​

However, if it is simply pure function that you want, then strap a "milk crate" to your rack.

Thanks. The aesthetic plays a small factor as this single-speed bike was featured at Interbike in 2015. I'm not going to just strap any old piece of **** to it. I just got an offer to borrow some regular touring panniers. I will probably give them a try and see how I like them and go from there.

Fishing Creels come in a variety of sizes & appearances and one may-or-may-not be aesthetically acceptable for your single-speed ...

Mounting a Fishing Creel to a bike rack should only require a minumal amount of woodworking skill & some hand tools.​