Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Cubit, Nov 24, 2005.

  1. Cubit

    Cubit Guest

    My strategy in handle today's carb filled environment, is and was to have a
    large breakfast. When I confront the carby stuff, I won't be hungry. I
    feel this is a key to exercising self control in rejecting carbs.

    Tags:

  2. Marsha

    Marsha Guest

    Cubit wrote:

    > My strategy in handle today's carb filled environment, is and was to have a
    > large breakfast. When I confront the carby stuff, I won't be hungry. I
    > feel this is a key to exercising self control in rejecting carbs.

    Good strategy. I'm going to have
    pumpkin pie, mashed potatos, gravy, and
    dressing - NOT!

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    Marsha/Ohio

  3. On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:36:45 GMT, "Cubit" <no@not.not> wrote:

    >My strategy in handle today's carb filled environment, is and was to have a
    >large breakfast. When I confront the carby stuff, I won't be hungry. I
    >feel this is a key to exercising self control in rejecting carbs.

    My family is having ham, turkey, gravy, crescent rolls, mashed
    potatoes, corn, pumpkin pie, whipped cream.

    I'm having turkey breast on a low carb wheat wrap with swiss cheese
    and some beets.

    I'm so used to eating differently than my family that on days like
    today it doesn't even phase me.

    I saw your comment about maintenance before, Cubit. I, too, find
    maintenance just as difficult as losing, although I'm still managing.
    I still exercise religiously. I want to continue to exercise as it was
    a life change for me, not a diet tool. BTW... Looking good!! (Although
    the mustache shave was a bit crooked ;) )

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Nicole

  4. Cheri

    Cheri Guest

    My strategy is to remember how bad my feet feel when my BG's run high.
    Makes the Holidays a piece of LC cake. :) Have a great one everybody!!!

    --
    Cheri

    Cubit wrote in message ...
    >My strategy in handle today's carb filled environment, is and was to

    have a
    >large breakfast. When I confront the carby stuff, I won't be hungry.

    >feel this is a key to exercising self control in rejecting carbs.

  5. Marsha

    Marsha Guest

    Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} wrote:

    > My family is having ham, turkey, gravy, crescent rolls, mashed
    > potatoes, corn, pumpkin pie, whipped cream.
    >
    > I'm having turkey breast on a low carb wheat wrap with swiss cheese
    > and some beets.
    >
    > I'm so used to eating differently than my family that on days like
    > today it doesn't even phase me.

    You also won't be laying around all
    afternoon, groaning that you ate too
    much and coming down from a carb high.
    Small victories!

    Marsha/Ohio

  6. Saffire

    Saffire Guest

    In article <jetbo1pkm351cgg3lc3pdu34qgm0s3ioge@4ax.com>,
    tonysmom@gmail.com says...
    > On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:36:45 GMT, "Cubit" <no@not.not> wrote:
    >
    > >My strategy in handle today's carb filled environment, is and was to have a
    > >large breakfast. When I confront the carby stuff, I won't be hungry. I
    > >feel this is a key to exercising self control in rejecting carbs.
    > >

    > My family is having ham, turkey, gravy, crescent rolls, mashed
    > potatoes, corn, pumpkin pie, whipped cream.

    We had Thanksgiving at my Mom's, which is at a retirement community with
    a nice buffet. I had garlic asparagus, smoked salmon and shrimp -- YUM!
    I had a couple of pieces of my low-carb chocolate candy for dessert.

    My Mom has been dieting over the last month and has lost 15 lbs so far,
    which is really great, but she went off it for today. She is also
    diabetic. She laughed and joked about how she's going to pay for it
    later (re the diabetes, not the diet). It's apparently worth it to her
    to have the mashed potatos, pumpkin pie, apple/cranberry stuffing and a
    pastry and to later feel bad because of it. I considered having some
    stuffing, but when I saw the apples and cranberries in it, I passed.

    --
    Saffire
    205/129/125

    *** This post originated in alt.support.diet.low-carb -- its appearance
    in any other forum is deceptive and unauthorized. ***

Share This Page