Have you ever cheated on your partner ?

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
The reason I ask is that I got a phone call from my best pal saying that he and his wife are splitting up after 6 years being married to each other.
He caught his wife on the job with another man, after getting back from work earlier than expected, one day last week.
All hell broke loose (naturally).

As his best man at his wedding, I would have said that they were the ideal couple but obviously something went radically wrong.
To see their marriage ending this way is terrible.
Bitterness, anger, resentment.

This is the first time that I have seen a marriage implode within my own circle of family/relatives/friends.
The fallout is terrible.

limerickman said:
The reason I ask is that I got a phone call from my best pal saying that he and his wife are splitting up after 6 years being married to each other.
He caught his wife on the job with another man, after getting back from work earlier than expected, one day last week.
All hell broke loose (naturally).

As his best man at his wedding, I would have said that they were the ideal couple but obviously something went radically wrong.
To see their marriage ending this way is terrible.
Bitterness, anger, resentment.

This is the first time that I have seen a marriage implode within my own circle of family/relatives/friends.
The fallout is terrible.

A relatively common occurance , in my experience. I see this happen often and have even had people brag that they were cheating on their wife with their best friends wife.
Honor may not be dead but it sure is on life support and I still hood to the notion ,without getting political or religious, that society needs some moral structure and personal accountability.
My answer to the question is no I have not. Fifteen years and so far so good.

jhuskey said:
A relatively common occurance , in my experience. I see this happen often and have even had people brag that they were cheating on their wife with their best friends wife.

Sadly that is pretty much the case in my experience too. Oddly enough the first and last long-term relationship I had ended in a similar way to the situation Lim described.

Now I am in my 30s most of the folks of my age are in long-term relationships, so it's pretty hard to actually find a *genuinely* single woman of a similar age. There are plenty who claim to be single though... Maybe moral decline goes hand in hand with age. :)

Well, we're all guilty of looking at the menu at some point.
We're human after all.
But going that extra step, that's a whole different issue entirely.
I agree with JH though, as regards personal responsibility and having a standard.

i have never cheated...i really cant ever imagine doing it either. no matter how good the menu looks, we take our marriage seriously.

darkboong said:
Sadly that is pretty much the case in my experience too. Oddly enough the first and last long-term relationship I had ended in a similar way to the situation Lim described.

Now I am in my 30s most of the folks of my age are in long-term relationships, so it's pretty hard to actually find a *genuinely* single woman of a similar age. There are plenty who claim to be single though... Maybe moral decline goes hand in hand with age. :)
Perhaps you should meet my niece, mid thirties, own house, no baggage to cart around, and still looking for Mr Right with no baggage. A Lancashire Lass.

limerickman said:
Well, we're all guilty of looking at the menu at some point.

<snip>

Mate of mine quotes his wife as saying “I don’t care where you get your appetite, as long as you eat at home”

Never cheated on my (ex) wife. Funny how some people can mess around for sometimes years and not get noticed, while others get nabbed straight off.

Not a good policy, that. Can lead to unpleasant physical distress such as beatings and death :eek: , and serious financial problems. :(

thanks for the reminder, my wife has warned me of her cousins, scotch-irish lads, big tall blokes who fancy straight shots from the flask.

as if she herself would not be enough worry...

Wurm said:
Never cheated on my (ex) wife.Not a good policy, that. Can lead to unpleasant physical distress such as beatings and death :eek: , and serious financial problems. :(

I have another thought on this subject. Would anyone that had cheated in their present relationship, or past one for that matter, actually confess on the intenet?
310 views ,8 responses. Hmmmh?

Or put it another way - has anyone here (to their knowledge) had their partner cheat on them ?

I can say that I have never cheated on my wife.

limerickman said:
Or put it another way - has anyone here (to their knowledge) had their partner cheat on them ?

I can say that I have never cheated on my wife.

She is still alive.Need I say more?

I don't mean to raise anyone suspicions but for the men out there, I reckon that women are much better at covering up their own infidelities, than us men.

And I also think that women are better at reading the signs of cheating too.

jhuskey said:
I have another thought on this subject. Would anyone that had cheated in their present relationship, or past one for that matter, actually confess on the intenet?
310 views ,8 responses. Hmmmh?
no chance, we'd probably say some BS like, 'i have never cheated and never will'

sometimes the wife reads the posts...

limerickman said:
I don't mean to raise anyone suspicions but for the men out there, I reckon that women are much better at covering up their own infidelities, than us men.

I can't say any my cheating ex's were particularly good at covering up their cheating. I guess if any of them were any good at it I wouldn't know about it, eh ? :)

FredC said:
Perhaps you should meet my niece, mid thirties, own house, no baggage to cart around, and still looking for Mr Right with no baggage. A Lancashire Lass.

Perhaps I should, I'll be in Cumbria around Christmas time. Need a break from the big smoke, it is err, smokey. :p

I did, now it's my ex. Our intimate relationship was zero, none, absolutely dead for five years before. As we said, we where "just like two good friends" living our marriage trough our wonderful and beloved kids. Then I found somebody and I discovered life after death, I split, then comes the divorce and here I'm.

By the way, I still am with my kids every day, every other weekend and 5 whole weeks on holidays per year.

I'm honest and had to answer your honest question.

limerickman said:

I don't know, I believe that the signs and signals are there,it's just that we tend to ignore them.
I am speaking from past experience.

FredC said:
Wasn't your niece your nephew before the surgery?

darkboong said:
I can't say any my cheating ex's were particularly good at covering up their cheating. I guess if any of them were any good at it I wouldn't know about it, eh ? :)
Got that many cheating ex's? Maybe you're the problem. No wait there is no maybe, you are the problem.