Hi everyone New here...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Joseph Ball, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. Joseph Ball

    Joseph Ball Guest

    hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just looking
    for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet everyone!

    Joe "Dex" Ball

    Tags:

  2. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    "Joseph Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> had this to say

    > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just looking
    > for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. Any suggestions would be
    > helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet everyone!
    >
    > Joe "Dex" Ball

    Greetings and welcome to our little hole in the wall. And don't forget to check out the F.A.Q.

  3. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    "Joseph Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote in message
    > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just looking
    > for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. Any suggestions would be
    > helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet everyone!

    Joe, if you can be more specific, like what state you live in.

    as far as trails in my area, I can tell you were to go in Louisiana, and southern Mississippi, for
    some nice trails.

  4. Scott G.

    Scott G. Guest

    "Joseph Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote in message news:<vu5hf2afdbvs84@corp.supernews.com>...
    > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just looking
    > for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. Any suggestions would be
    > helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet everyone!
    >
    > Joe "Dex" Ball

    Hi Joe. If you can be more specific about your location, I may be able to make some better
    suggestions. But look up Oak Mountain, in Birmingham (bump.org). Mobile has 2 good trails. In
    Florida, there's good trails in Pensacola (porc.org), Tallahassee, Ocala (omba.org), Tampa
    (swampclub.org). Mississippi may have one or two trails...also check www.geocities.com/grubby2day/
    SE MTB links and basic trail info.

    Scott

  5. Joseph Ball

    Joseph Ball Guest

    "Mojo Deluxe" <voudin61@hellsouth.nett> wrote in message

    > "Joseph Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote in message news:vu5hf2afdbvs84@corp.supernews.com...
    > > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico).
    Just
    > > looking for places to ride that are in the area and would be
    challenging.
    > > Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to
    meet
    > > everyone!
    > >
    > Joe, if you can be more specific, like what state you live in.
    >
    > as far as trails in my area, I can tell you were to go in Louisiana, and southern Mississippi,
    > for some nice trails.

    I live on the gulf coast of mississippi in pass christian. I have ridden every trail at desoto. But
    im looking for some people to ride with. I don’t goto school and I don’t work. I am available to
    ride anytime after next Tuesday as my bike is apart at the moment, while I wait for some new parts
    to come in. I can travel wherever from florida to louisiana, pretty much anytime. The reason I
    picked up mountain biking is I suffer from manic depression, and since I got my bike...for some
    reason I just cannot put it down. I also play disc golf if anyone else in the area plays also. Feel
    free to drop me an email regarding anything. Thanks for the responses!

    Joe "Dex" Ball

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Joseph Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote in message news:<vu5hf2afdbvs84@corp.supernews.com>...
    > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just looking
    > for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. Any suggestions would be
    > helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet everyone!
    >
    > Joe "Dex" Ball

    Really extreem riding in your area would be any housing project while wearing a white sheet.

    JD

  7. T_blood

    T_blood Guest

    > as far as trails in my area, I can tell you were to go in Louisiana, and southern Mississippi,
    > for some nice trails.

    I happen to be moving to southern Louisiana in a couple months. How is the riding there?
    Thanks...Mike

  8. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    "JD" <dij@usafcct.com> wrote in message
    > "Joseph Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote in message
    > > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico).
    Just
    > > looking for places to ride that are in the area and would be
    challenging.
    > > Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to
    meet
    > > everyone!
    > >
    > > Joe "Dex" Ball
    >
    > Really extreem riding in your area would be any housing project while wearing a white sheet.

    Stereotyping JD? Nice job.

  9. Joseph Ball

    Joseph Ball Guest

    "JD" <dij@usafcct.com> wrote in message
    > "Joseph Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote in message
    > > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico).
    Just
    > > looking for places to ride that are in the area and would be
    challenging.
    > > Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to
    meet
    > > everyone!
    > >
    > > Joe "Dex" Ball
    >
    > Really extreem riding in your area would be any housing project while wearing a white sheet.
    >
    > JD

    LOL! Yeah that would be pretty extreme.

    Joe

  10. Mojo Deluxe

    > "Mojo Deluxe" <voudin61@hellsouth.nett> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Joseph Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote in message news:vu5hf2afdbvs84@corp.supernews.com...
    > > > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico).
    > Just
    > > > looking for places to ride that are in the area and would be
    > challenging.
    > > > Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to
    > meet
    > > > everyone!
    > > >
    > > Joe, if you can be more specific, like what state you live in.
    > >
    > > as far as trails in my area, I can tell you were to go in Louisiana,
    and
    > > southern Mississippi, for some nice trails.
    > >

    > I live on the gulf coast of mississippi in pass christian. I have ridden every trail at desoto.
    > But im looking for some people to ride with. I don’
    > goto school and I don’t work. I am available to ride anytime after next Tuesday as my bike is
    > apart at the moment, while I wait for some new parts to come in. I can travel wherever from
    > florida to louisiana, pretty much anytime. The reason I picked up mountain biking is I suffer from
    > manic depression, and since I got my bike...for some reason I just cannot put it down. I also play
    > disc golf if anyone else in the area plays also. Feel
    free
    > to drop me an email regarding anything. Thanks for the responses!

    Check out the local club site. You can hook up for group rides to several trails in the area.

    http://www.bramba.org/

  11. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    "T_Blood" <M_Truebloodnospam@msn.com> wrote in message

    > > as far as trails in my area, I can tell you were to go in Louisiana,
    and
    > > southern Mississippi, for some nice trails.
    >
    > I happen to be moving to southern Louisiana in a couple months. How is the riding there?
    > Thanks...Mike

    Riding is pretty good here, considering there's no mountains.

    http://www.bramba.org/

  12. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Duke I use to know him many many years ago.

    Fire up MTB 03

  13. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Mojo Deluxe" <voudin61@hellsouth.nett> wrote in message news:<rqIEb.25157$6t6.24864@bignews2.bellsouth.net>...
    > "JD" <dij@usafcct.com> wrote in message news:ebf270c9.0312191126.5b3d8e8f@posting.google.com...
    > > "Joseph Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote in message
    > > > hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico).
    > Just
    > > > looking for places to ride that are in the area and would be
    > challenging.
    > > > Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to
    > meet
    > > > everyone!
    > > >
    > > > Joe "Dex" Ball
    > >
    > > Really extreem riding in your area would be any housing project while wearing a white sheet.
    > >
    > Stereotyping JD? Nice job.

    Piss up a rope, you humorless pc thug lamer.

    JD

  14. Mojo Deluxe

    > "Mojo Deluxe" <voudin61@hellsouth.nett> wrote in message
    > > "JD" <dij@usafcct.com> wrote in message news:ebf270c9.0312191126.5b3d8e8f@posting.google.com...
    > > > "Joseph Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote in message
    > > Just
    > > challenging.
    > > meet

    > > > Really extreem riding in your area would be any housing project while wearing a white sheet.
    > > >
    > > Stereotyping JD? Nice job.
    >
    > .......you humorless pc thug lamer.

    This is so wrong!!

    I do have a sense of humor, and I'm no thug. The lame thing was 'dead on' though.

  15. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:33:29 -0600, "Joseph Ball"
    <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote:

    >hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just looking
    >for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    >Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet everyone!
    >
    >Joe "Dex" Ball

    hi

    ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and on the trails
    pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

  16. On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:33:29 -0600, "Joseph Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote:

    .hello everyone, .I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just .looking
    for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. .Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet .everyone!

    Anywhere, as long as you stay on the pavement.
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  17. R.White

    R.White Guest

    Mike Vandeman <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<sn4auvsjtlnp79m0togshbd3bd32pk7o5u@4ax.com>...
    > On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:33:29 -0600, "Joseph Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote:
    >
    > .hello everyone, .I'm 22 years old and live in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just
    > .looking for places to ride that are in the area and would be challenging. .Any suggestions would
    > be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to meet .everyone!
    >
    > Anywhere, as long as you stay on the pavement.

    Is this the same pavement that the US had to destroy 15,920,615 hectacres of habitat to build?

    Is this the same pavement that uses much more land for transportation facilities than for buildings
    or any other structures thus destroying more habitat?

    Is this the same pavement that the the I-99 project is building through Pa. State Gameland #278, and
    the thousands of acres of private, unimproved land that hundreds of thousands of animals large and
    small lived on? HYPOCRITE!

    You're your own worst enema.

    news:<sn4auvsjtlnp79m0togshbd3bd32pk7o5u@4ax.com>... .> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:33:29 -0600, "Joseph
    Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote: .> .> .hello everyone, .> .I'm 22 years old and live in the
    southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just .> .looking for places to ride that are in the area and
    would be challenging. .> .Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's nice to
    meet .> .everyone! .> .> Anywhere, as long as you stay on the pavement. . .Is this the same
    pavement that the US had to destroy 15,920,615 .hectacres .of habitat to build? . .Is this the same
    pavement that uses much more land for transportation .facilities than for buildings or any other
    structures thus destroying .more habitat? . .Is this the same pavement that the the I-99 project is
    building .through .Pa. State Gameland #278, and the thousands of acres of private, .unimproved land
    that hundreds of thousands of animals large and small .lived on? HYPOCRITE! . .You're your own
    worst enema.

    I am not advocating paving, only USING pavement that's there.
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  19. R.White

    R.White Guest

    Mike Vandeman <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<tvi9005ddatg8g9ds0ub3iecdtdju5pmmv@4ax.com>...
    > On 21 Dec 2003 04:28:57 -0800, bicycle@charter.net (R.White) wrote:
    >
    > .Mike Vandeman <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > news:<sn4auvsjtlnp79m0togshbd3bd32pk7o5u@4ax.com>... .> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:33:29 -0600,
    > "Joseph Ball" <joeball@digiscape.com> wrote: .> .> .hello everyone, .> .I'm 22 years old and live
    > in the southern US (think gulf of mexico). Just .> .looking for places to ride that are in the
    > area and would be challenging. .> .Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and it's
    > nice to meet .> .everyone! .> .> Anywhere, as long as you stay on the pavement. . .Is this the
    > same pavement that the US had to destroy 15,920,615 .hectacres .of habitat to build? . .Is this
    > the same pavement that uses much more land for transportation .facilities than for buildings or
    > any other structures thus destroying .more habitat? . .Is this the same pavement that the the I-99
    > project is building .through .Pa. State Gameland #278, and the thousands of acres of private,
    > .unimproved land that hundreds of thousands of animals large and small .lived on? HYPOCRITE! .
    > .You're your own worst enema.
    >
    > I am not advocating paving,

    Any you're not protesting against it either. Thousands of acres of habit are being lost and you say
    and do nothing. It's because your agenda has nothing to do with habitat.

    >only USING pavement that's there.

    So you're advocating using the pavement that the US had to destroy 15,920,615 hectacres of habitat
    to build. Ok, now I get it.

  20. Bonga

    Bonga Guest

    "Mike Vandeman" <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > On 21 Dec 2003 04:28:57 -0800, bicycle@charter.net (R.White) wrote:
    >
    > I am not advocating paving, only USING pavement that's there.

    You don't matter.

Share This Page