Houston (HP) Marathon

Wayne Conway

Guest
Looking at a winter marathon. Whiterock would be a bit tight for my
current training. Looking seriously at Houston as a possible BQ venue
(Jan. 16). Any comments or experiences on this race (crowds, course,
weather, support, etc.)? Yeah, I considered Austin, but we have some
friends (non-runners) in Houston that would be glad to let us stay with
them. Besides, the wife likes the idea of Galveston being close by.
Thanks in advance.
--
Quality is a function of design, materials, and craftsmanship.
Inspection can only confirm quality or reveal deficiencies.

Wayne Conway <[email protected]> wrote:

> Looking at a winter marathon. Whiterock would be a bit tight for my
> current training. Looking seriously at Houston as a possible BQ venue
> (Jan. 16). Any comments or experiences on this race (crowds, course,
> weather, support, etc.)?

Good marathon for a BQ. Having lived in Houston for a few years, I know it
is flat.

You can check the reviews here:
http://www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=2050116

Phil M.

--
"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make
them all yourself." ­Martin Vanbee

Thanks-Loved the review about the drooling wino, stray cats, and
discarded couches - LOL!!!