Houston (HP) Marathon

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Wayne Conway, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. Wayne Conway

    Wayne Conway Guest

    Looking at a winter marathon. Whiterock would be a bit tight for my
    current training. Looking seriously at Houston as a possible BQ venue
    (Jan. 16). Any comments or experiences on this race (crowds, course,
    weather, support, etc.)? Yeah, I considered Austin, but we have some
    friends (non-runners) in Houston that would be glad to let us stay with
    them. Besides, the wife likes the idea of Galveston being close by.
    Thanks in advance.
    --
    Quality is a function of design, materials, and craftsmanship.
    Inspection can only confirm quality or reveal deficiencies.

    Tags:

  2. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    Wayne Conway <wfccxsinadaspam@tulsacoxmail.com> wrote:

    > Looking at a winter marathon. Whiterock would be a bit tight for my
    > current training. Looking seriously at Houston as a possible BQ venue
    > (Jan. 16). Any comments or experiences on this race (crowds, course,
    > weather, support, etc.)?

    Good marathon for a BQ. Having lived in Houston for a few years, I know it
    is flat.

    You can check the reviews here:
    http://www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=2050116

    Phil M.

    --
    "Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make
    them all yourself." ­Martin Vanbee

  3. Wayne Conway

    Wayne Conway Guest

    Thanks-Loved the review about the drooling wino, stray cats, and
    discarded couches - LOL!!!

    --
    Quality is a function of design, materials, and craftsmanship.
    Inspection can only confirm quality or reveal deficiencies.
    In no case, can quality be inspected into anything.

Share This Page