How Fast Have You Gone?

Many years ago when i was so so fit i managed to crack 102km/hr down Mt Bulli Pass (near Wollongong) with a slight tail wind. :eek: This road is a big wide expanse with no (or very little) bends .. straight down and if i remember correctly (I now live in Brisbane and haven't been down Bulli pass for many years) there is an incline once you reach the bottom of the hill??

Prior to that i'd hit 90 odd k's down Elizabeth Dve (Liverpool) on my daily commute to and from Blacktown to Liverpool. I did this on a Clamont 1000 (CroMo) with Shimano 600 series. The year was in 1986 (I know cause i have kept my dairy). I had a Cateye Computer that was well calibrated. I would have been 21 yrs of age then. What a buzz .. i'll never forget it .. when i tell people/friends they think i am bullshitting them .. so i usually don't tell people all that often anymore. Thanks for the opportunity to share this with you guys.

regards
Jeff

Had a great ride last Saturday. My max speed was 53.6 mph. (Don't mind the average speed on the left) :rolleyes:

only about 36mph, downhill, on my mountain bike. Hoping to significantly increase that number when I get my roadie this week!

Cyclist14 said:
Fastest I have ever gone was 39.96 MPH:rolleyes: on a small downhill on my roadbike.
The fastest Ive ever gone was 59mph on a nice straight mtn in West Virginia on my old road bike. I havent been back but i bet i could go faster now