how long do you ride a day?

redandblack

Apr 21, 2003
just curious. I usually ride two 5 mile rides a day (on the weekends). I've put 40 miles on my odometer in 2 months. Its probably not as much as you guys/gals, but I was just curious how my riding compares to yours.

oh yeah, my usual ride is 2 miles uphill, 2 miles down, and 1 mile on a flat road.

I don't think I've ever ridden more than 10 in one day.

Much of what we ride either ENDS or is so brutal that I just wanna go home after 8 miles :)

Something between nothing and 170k (depending on speed 5 or 6,5 hours a day probabely going to do a little more in 2 months time as I am going to do some stage races.

Most of my rides are between 30 and 70km (and a very occasional 110-140km), and depends really on how sporty I'm feeling, and the purpose of the ride (e.g. a commute, a dawn ride before traffic sets in, an afternoon of mountain biking, etc.)

In terms of weekly totals, lately I've been riding 130-200km a week. When I first really got into cycling a year ago, I had nowhere near that level of endurance.. I felt disasterous after 20-25km. The thing I learnt that harder isn't really "better" unless you're a competitor :)

i normally go about 10-20km a day depending on my mood. and on special days, when i really fell good, i go up to 30-50kms. i ride everyday. its not constant but i get between 100-120kms/week.

10 - 15 km during the week (just riding to mates house on the road) and 15 - 20 km on the weekend riding XC in the forest. Trying to build up my endurance and ride longer all week long though.

Well, I cut my 4 mile time down to 20 minutes this past weekend.

I was pretty stoked. :)

During the week 11 miles per day on the road commuting to work (on my mtb), then about 12 miles per day of offroad stuff on the weekend...

Week days I commute 4.5miles/7kms each way and now that the evenings are getting lighter I usually go for a 1 hour ride as well.Which could be 10 miles up the mountain or longer if I'm on the road ( I should say I intend to go for one hour rides somehow they never end after just one hour)

Weekends could be anything, but they very rarely come under 20miles/32 kms.

My computers odometer is close to 80 total miles for this season (april-may). I would think its pretty good for a weekend warrior.

I ride 5-6 days a week, sometimes 2X a day at a minimum of 12-18 miles trip total on my MTBike ( I only have a MTBike... for now). In seven weeks on my new SC Blur I put close to 1200 miles on her! I guess I haven't spent a lot of time checking the computer ODO setting, and I was kind of floored when I did. Am I posessed? I'd say so. Here in Santa Fe, NM, USA, endless singletrack is only a few miles from my yard, so I am out there all the time. My wife is getting suspicious! For any of you folks in the region, my buddy and I are planning to the South Boundary trail Up and Back, as the shuttle / ride to Taos is more of a "pleasure" ride... anyone interested?

i ride about 4 hrs aday solid riding and about 2hrs jumping and clowning around
once a week some guys and i do sprints up a 130 metre long boat ramp normaly 20 times in 2 sets of ten great for power to get over huge gaps.

Most of my rides are between 30 and 70km a day
top speed ever- 60.7 kmph
avg. speed-15 to 30 kmph
mtb 19'' frame, front suspension, wheels 26'', tires 1.95''
... almoust forgot... the country is BELARUS!

The important thing isn't comparing yourself to others (unless you compete of course) but just doing what makes you happy, you'll get as good and as fast as you need to be. It's no good thinking others go further and faster as that will give you negative feelings. Just riding is enough for me - it doesn't matter how far or fast.

I ride for about 2 1/2 hours every 8 days with some 1 hour routes every other day when time permits!!! The 2 1/2 hr route is 27Km through forest single track, fire roads and dismantled railway.

Most weekdays i only ride about 12 miles a day, thats just to and from work and the gym. I just don't get the time to ride big distances during the week, so i cycle as hard as i can over the shorter distances. The weekends generally involve one long cycle though, which i long for all week, these can be from 50 miles to 200 miles in the day. Its not really about how far you ride a day, as mine varies so much

My average ride is about two hours. Distance covered varies with the terrain.
I probably average about 6 MPH.