How many lover of Zombie

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by crazy, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. crazy

    crazy Guest

    I'm talking Rob Zombie past and present and the new CD Educated Horses.
    I ride to the music sometimes it real get me going.

    Tags:

  2. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    crazy wrote:
    > I'm talking Rob Zombie past and present and the new CD Educated Horses.
    > I ride to the music sometimes it real get me going.

    Wow. Didn't think you to be a RZ fan.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  3. JD

    JD Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > crazy wrote:
    > > I'm talking Rob Zombie past and present and the new CD Educated Horses.
    > > I ride to the music sometimes it real get me going.
    > >

    > Wow. Didn't think you to be a RZ fan.

    Fred is full of surprises, which makes them less surprising.

    JD

  4. Slack

    Slack Guest

    On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:47:41 -0800, crazy <frederickhinkso@webtv.net>
    wrote:

    > I'm talking Rob Zombie past and present and the new CD Educated Horses.
    > I ride to the music sometimes it real get me going.

    Who is Rob Zombie?
    _____
    Slack - been living in a cave

  5. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Slack wrote:
    > On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:47:41 -0800, crazy <frederickhinkso@webtv.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I'm talking Rob Zombie past and present and the new CD Educated Horses.
    >> I ride to the music sometimes it real get me going.
    >>

    > Who is Rob Zombie?
    > _____
    > Slack - been living in a cave

    Do you remember the band White Zombie?

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  6. Slack

    Slack Guest

    On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:55:03 -0800, Ride-A-Lot
    <mitchellNOSPAM@schnauzers.ws> wrote:

    > Slack wrote:
    >> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:47:41 -0800, crazy <frederickhinkso@webtv.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm talking Rob Zombie past and present and the new CD Educated Horses.
    >>> I ride to the music sometimes it real get me going.
    >>>

    >> Who is Rob Zombie?
    >> _____
    >> Slack - been living in a cave

    > Do you remember the band White Zombie?

    Dang, I read the bio at wikipedia, but I honestly don't remember them, or
    Rob Zombie. I do dig Rob Zombie's little brother's band >>>
    http://www.powerman5000.com/transformtop.htm
    _____
    Slack

  7. Jason

    Jason Guest

    crazy wrote:
    > I'm talking Rob Zombie past and present and the new CD Educated Horses.
    > I ride to the music sometimes it real get me going.

    How can one not like Rob Zombie I ask. :)

  8. Scott Gordo

    Scott Gordo Guest

    Jason wrote:
    > crazy wrote:
    > > I'm talking Rob Zombie past and present and the new CD Educated Horses.
    > > I ride to the music sometimes it real get me going.
    > >

    > How can one not like Rob Zombie I ask. :)

    I don't. He's a little too cartoonish and overproduced for me. WAY
    better than his brother's Powerman 5K crap though.
    In the disco/metal vein, I'm more of a old Ministry fan.
    /s

  9. MattB

    MattB Guest

    Scott Gordo wrote:
    > Jason wrote:
    >
    >>crazy wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm talking Rob Zombie past and present and the new CD Educated Horses.
    >>>I ride to the music sometimes it real get me going.
    >>>

    >>How can one not like Rob Zombie I ask. :)

    > I don't. He's a little too cartoonish and overproduced for me. WAY
    > better than his brother's Powerman 5K crap though.
    > In the disco/metal vein, I'm more of a old Ministry fan.
    > /s

    I like RZ. It is good music to get pumped to. I agree it's overproduced,
    but for me it's a guilty pleasure. I like it.

    I also love the Fela Kuti song Zombie. I would have been more surprised
    if Crazy had mentioned that instead. Anyone else into Fela? Good music
    to have in your head on a 3k Ft climb.

    Matt

  10. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > Scott Gordo wrote:
    >
    >> Jason wrote:

    >>> How can one not like Rob Zombie I ask. :)

    >> I don't. He's a little too cartoonish and overproduced for me. WAY
    >> better than his brother's Powerman 5K crap though.
    >> In the disco/metal vein, I'm more of a old Ministry fan. /s
    >>

    > I like RZ. It is good music to get pumped to. I agree it's overproduced,
    > but for me it's a guilty pleasure. I like it.

    I saw White Zombie for New Years in 1988, long before they got national
    exposure. 20 bands for 20 bucks and they were by far the crankenest act
    of the night. A little less produced back then and Sean looked smokin'
    hot in her gold lame hot pants.

    Greg
    --
    "All my time I spent in heaven
    Revelries of dance and wine

  11. Slack

    Slack Guest

    On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:55:03 -0800, Ride-A-Lot
    <mitchellNOSPAM@schnauzers.ws> wrote:

    > Slack wrote:
    >> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:47:41 -0800, crazy <frederickhinkso@webtv.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm talking Rob Zombie past and present and the new CD Educated Horses.
    >>> I ride to the music sometimes it real get me going.
    >>>

    >> Who is Rob Zombie?
    >> _____
    >> Slack - been living in a cave

    > Do you remember the band White Zombie?

    Ok, I finally found a familiar song (the first track)
    http://www.robzombie.com/music/default.aspx/pid/2094 that gets a lot of
    air time, or used to. And I know why I didn't know who it was; I frig'n
    hate the song and would change stations every time that damn song came one.

    I'm violently opposed to using electro-shock therapy to treat mental
    illness, but in his case, I'll make an exception.
    _____
    Slack

  12. Scott Gordo

    Scott Gordo Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > Scott Gordo wrote:
    > > Jason wrote:

    > >>How can one not like Rob Zombie I ask. :)

    > > I don't. He's a little too cartoonish and overproduced for me. WAY
    > > better than his brother's Powerman 5K crap though.
    > > In the disco/metal vein, I'm more of a old Ministry fan.
    > > /s
    > >

    > I like RZ. It is good music to get pumped to. I agree it's overproduced,
    > but for me it's a guilty pleasure. I like it.
    >
    > I also love the Fela Kuti song Zombie. I would have been more surprised
    > if Crazy had mentioned that instead. Anyone else into Fela? Good music
    > to have in your head on a 3k Ft climb.
    >
    > Matt

    I don't know a lot of Fela. I've got an old tape a friend made for me
    of live stuff. The compositions sounded raw but booming. I'm a big fan
    of King Sunny Ade. Both Afropop, but I'm not sure if they're
    necessarily in the same category within. Fela's seems to be much more
    of a sociopolitical force, and I have no idea what King Sunny is
    saying....
    One of his Fela's sons is in a band that used to play here a lot. I
    forget the name.

    /s

  13. MattB

    MattB Guest

    Scott Gordo wrote:
    > MattB wrote:
    >
    >>Scott Gordo wrote:

    >>>I don't. He's a little too cartoonish and overproduced for me. WAY
    >>>better than his brother's Powerman 5K crap though.
    >>>In the disco/metal vein, I'm more of a old Ministry fan.
    >>>/s
    >>>

    >>I like RZ. It is good music to get pumped to. I agree it's overproduced,
    >>but for me it's a guilty pleasure. I like it.
    >>
    >>I also love the Fela Kuti song Zombie. I would have been more surprised
    >>if Crazy had mentioned that instead. Anyone else into Fela? Good music
    >>to have in your head on a 3k Ft climb.
    >>
    >>Matt

    > I don't know a lot of Fela. I've got an old tape a friend made for me
    > of live stuff. The compositions sounded raw but booming. I'm a big fan
    > of King Sunny Ade. Both Afropop, but I'm not sure if they're
    > necessarily in the same category within. Fela's seems to be much more
    > of a sociopolitical force, and I have no idea what King Sunny is
    > saying....
    > One of his Fela's sons is in a band that used to play here a lot. I
    > forget the name.
    >
    > /s

    I got to see Fela play in 1990 before he died ('94 I think) opening for
    Jimmy Cliff and it was spectacular. A big band and about 20 dancers
    going crazy. That was my first exposure and I was hooked. He is actually
    credited with being the originator of the Afropop style and has also
    been called the James Brown of Africa. He was jailed for a while in
    Nigeria for criticizing the government in his lyrics.
    I've also seen his son Femi Kuti (at the SF Fillmore) and he's great
    too. Not quite the scale of production that Fela was, but really funky
    and good.
    I've heard of Kind Sunny but haven't listened. I'll have to check him out.

    Matt (ahhh, music)

  14. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Scott Gordo wrote:
    > Jason wrote:
    >
    >>crazy wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm talking Rob Zombie past and present and the new CD Educated Horses.
    >>>I ride to the music sometimes it real get me going.
    >>>

    >>How can one not like Rob Zombie I ask. :)

    > too cartoonish and overproduced for me. WAY
    > better than his brother's Powerman 5K crap though.
    > In the disco/metal vein, I'm more of a old Ministry fan.
    > /s

    How old? Newwave/Pop Ministry?

    Saw them at the Bongo-a-gogo in staten island on the Every Day is
    Halloween tour. Never liked their later stuff - to heroin depressing
    for me.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  15. Scott Gordo

    Scott Gordo Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > Scott Gordo wrote:
    > > Jason wrote:

    > >>How can one not like Rob Zombie I ask. :)

    > > too cartoonish and overproduced for me. WAY
    > > better than his brother's Powerman 5K crap though.
    > > In the disco/metal vein, I'm more of a old Ministry fan.
    > > /s
    > >

    > How old? Newwave/Pop Ministry?
    >
    > Saw them at the Bongo-a-gogo in staten island on the Every Day is
    > Halloween tour. Never liked their later stuff - to heroin depressing
    > for me.
    >
    > --
    > o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    > www.schnauzers.ws

    I'm of the Stigmata/Burning Inside/Just One Fix-era fandom. For me, the
    fact that they came from new wave pastel pop makes it all the more
    delectably twisted.

    /s

  16. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    "Scott Gordo" <blubberpuss@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > I'm of the Stigmata/Burning Inside/Just One Fix-era fandom. For me, the
    > fact that they came from new wave pastel pop makes it all the more
    > delectably twisted.

    That was one hell of a creative shift. I was a big fan during the Land of
    Rape and Honey/The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste era but lost interest
    when it all started sounding the same. I have to say that one of the
    insanest concerts I've ever been to was Ministry in 1990 taunting the
    audience from behind their chainlink fence more than capably captured on the
    "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up" video.

    Greg

  17. Scott Gordo

    Scott Gordo Guest

    G.T. wrote:
    > "Scott Gordo" <blubberpuss@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > I'm of the Stigmata/Burning Inside/Just One Fix-era fandom. For me, the
    > > fact that they came from new wave pastel pop makes it all the more
    > > delectably twisted.
    > >

    > That was one hell of a creative shift. I was a big fan during the Land of
    > Rape and Honey/The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste era but lost interest
    > when it all started sounding the same. I have to say that one of the
    > insanest concerts I've ever been to was Ministry in 1990 taunting the
    > audience from behind their chainlink fence more than capably captured on the
    > "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up" video.
    >
    > Greg

    I saw them at Lollapalooza in Pennsy in... I dunno, 1993? To quote a
    friend of mine who later wrote about it, I "went ape-shit in the middle
    of the pit and started throwing chunks of sod, terrifying the shit out
    of everyone." Predictably, it's hard to remember. He went on to write,
    "When a fan decides to single-handedly destroy a music venue with his
    bare hands, I take notice."

    BTW: I think REVCO has a new album featuring Gibby Haynes, Jello
    Biafra, Billy Gibbons and Rick Nielsen. I'm not kidding. It's probably
    crap, but what a freakin' lineup.

    /s

  18. Drew

    Drew Guest

    but for me it's a guilty pleasure. I like it.

    > I also love the Fela Kuti song Zombie. I would have been more surprised if
    > Crazy had mentioned that instead. Anyone else into Fela? Good music to
    > have in your head on a 3k Ft climb.
    >
    > Matt

    I like to listen to Fela Kuti. Discovered him while at the music store
    litening to all the albums to see if anything strikes me. So, now he is in
    my collection.
    I checked out Rob Zombie and must say, it is really bad. In fact IMO
    downrught terrible.

    Drew

  19. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Scott Gordo wrote:

    > BTW: I think REVCO has a new album featuring Gibby Haynes, Jello
    > Biafra, Billy Gibbons and Rick Nielsen. I'm not kidding. It's probably
    > crap, but what a freakin' lineup.

    I didn't know about the extras but there's a Ministry/REVCO tour right
    now. I'm about to put up my REVCO 12" singles on Ebay ATM.

    And since this thread has gotten far off topic we just got back from
    Glenn Branca's SYMPHONY NO. 13, “HALLUCINATION CITY,” FOR 100 ELECTRIC
    GUITARS:

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?D59D21CDC

    "Starting at a deafening level, the work got louder almost throughout,
    and - after a stasis of a few minutes that could have signaled an ending
    - suddenly burst into tensely rising chromatic scales."

    Sums it up nicely. The above writeup says there were no breaks but
    thankfully in this performance it was broken up into 4 movements, only
    the 2nd movement gave me a headache, it was loud and shrill. The rest
    was pretty awesome. The last movement sounded like an Ennio Morricone
    soundtrack played at 1000 decibels, really wild.

    70 guitars, 15 basses, and a drummer, and the drummer got a 10 minute
    standing ovation when it was over. And I think, but not sure, that Mike
    Watt was playing first bass. And one of the women guitarists in the
    front row sang the entire time, since she had no mic and there are no
    lyrics for this piece who knows what the hell she was screaming.

    I loved it, Kimberly absolutely hated it and laughed the whole time.
    Earplugs were almost mandatory but since we were up in the balcony I
    went commando.

    Greg

    --
    "All my time I spent in heaven