• 16-20 pounds

Votes: 120 9.2%
  • 21-25 pounds

Votes: 810 62.3%
  • 26 pounds or more

Votes: 371 28.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Randal Lovelace
I just weighed both of the bikes if have....

Huffy Blue Ridge 18sp MTB - 34 pounds.....

Lotus Elan 12sp Road bike - 25 pounds....

How much does the bike you ride weigh?

I have a 24" tricycle which I ride everyday, I have no way to weigh it but I live in a town full of hills and I am getting to the point where I can ride across town with pain. I know I shall get to the point where it will no longer hurt then I shall travel out in the country. eauxx-from Belgium

Bike - 28lbs (12.7kg)

96oz. Camelbak (2.8 liters for all those Euros out there) - 6 lbs (2.7kg)

Gut - could lose a few (cheaper than titanium) but, hey then that would mean no beer and then why ride?

Oh, oh and I make sure my riding buddies are carrying pumps and tools.

hummmm... if I drink all the water, is my bike lighter?
Vic:D

yeah, and the downhill adds to the reward,eh? enjoy the ups and downs - they're worth every stroke.
wasn't there something out there called "the incredible lightness of being"?
just a too early in the am play on words.
roules bien

Originally posted by vrollins
Bike - 28lbs (12.7kg)

96oz. Camelbak (2.8 liters for all those Euros out there) - 6 lbs (2.7kg)

Gut - could lose a few (cheaper than titanium) but, hey then that would mean no beer and then why ride?

Oh, oh and I make sure my riding buddies are carrying pumps and tools.

hummmm... if I drink all the water, is my bike lighter?
Vic:D

Once apon a time I said-Drink light beer, it is lighter then water because of the beer is full of air bubbles. If you take it out of the container your bike would be lighter put it in your air pump and drink it before you change tires. They all lived happily ever after. eauxx

Originally posted by chow
yeah, and the downhill adds to the reward,eh? enjoy the ups and downs - they're worth every stroke.
wasn't there something out there called "the incredible lightness of being"?
just a too early in the am play on words.
roules bien

You are right of course, today I road to the park on medium up and down but coming back I chose a straight long uphill road. This was the first time I made it without a rest stop. Life has it's rewards I never felt better. The incredible lightness of being is a wondrous thing. eauxx

EAUXX, le nomme, un reference de l'eau? tu as soif? mon dieu, roules sans attitude et la route, elle passe bien.
roules bien et bonne route!

Chow-lol- water is a good thought, it is unstoppable and we can not without it but the stuff does not go uphill. Truth, back in 1988 when I first went online you needed a name no one could copy so I made it up. I ride my tricycle wearing a helmit, a blinding collored vest, a beard and in the park kids stop and laugh and adults smile a lot, it is a wonder to be able to make people laugh and it keeps me always smiling. eauxx

eauxx wow, the image is the cover for a great childrens book. remember Artie somebody on the old "Laugh-in" show?

Time does not matter when. When I ride my bike, a laugh-a-day keeps the undertaker away. At my age that is great, My vrouw thinks I go to the park to look at girls as the weather get warmer clothing is getting to the minimization. Being a good husband the thought never entered my mind, I have no control over my eyes, which do wander a bit but that is just looking at other bikes. eauxx

What matters the bike when I load it up with my 90 Kilo body on top, the tire always bend. eauxx

Pinarello with Dogma Record - 15.2lbs (6.9kg)

Ellsworth Truth (02 model) with XTR - 23.2lbs (10.5kg)

TC

Pinarello Dogma with Record - 15.2lbs (6.9kg)

Ellsworth Truth (02 model) with XTR - 23.2lbs (10.5kg)

TC

In days of old
When knights were bold
Bicycles were not invented
So men road steeds
And did good deeds
Leaving their wives discontented
Weight was not an issue

specialized Roubaix Elite-56 cm is 19 pounds. I have the largest frame which is 62cm so probably is a lb or two more.

My ride is a LOOK KG381i Team CSC w/ DA9. Comes in at 17lbs or just a hair under. Could shave a little more off it to be sure, but its a fine ride and I'm really just focusing more on getting whatever else I can get off myself. :D

My 56 cm CAAD4 Team Replica weighs in at 15.1 pounds. Barely UCI legal.

Its all Dura Ace 9 speed drivetrain and barkes, Alpha Q Sub 3 fork with Cane Creek S2 headset, WCS stem and Reynolds EC90 bar. Wheelset is a 1290 gram, custom made American Classic hub, CR350 rims laced 24F, 28 R with all Revolution spokes, Spline Drive nips. Tires are Conti SS, 700c X 20 with Perf. Lunar Lite tubes. Seatpost is Easton EC90 with a SLR saddle. DA pedals, the new 7800 series.

Weight is verified by piece on a 2000 gram calibrated digital scale. It handles like a dream, super stiff and responsive. Not to bad descending with the Alpha fork. I had used the Slice fork but the Alpha is much more stable.

a ton...

Avanti Giro 2003, something like 11kg?

Triple chainring-- the little one i never use.

it's strength training... when i save up enough for a hot cervelo ill shed a couple of kilos, get more aero and hopefully fly.

I have a Guru Veloci'TI with the DA 10 groupo and Deta black stick stem, and seat post w/Deta bars and two King cage Ti water cages and run Ksyrium SSC SLs. The grand total is 16.9lbs
The Bike was custom built based off of a 58cm frame.:D