HOW TO INDUCE A FEVER?

barb28

Guest
Which herbs will induce a fever? For instance, take
a normal 98.6 and briefly push it to, say, 100 degrees?
Having searched the topics of hyperthermia, fever therapy
etc., I can find nothing on this subject. I can find
lots of information on _external_ ways to raise body
tempature, but nothing from herbs.
The other accepted ways seem to be with a benign bacteria
strain, but I am not sure this is best for the average
patient.
Any ideas most appreciated, especially if you have used
them before.

Thanks.

"barb28" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Which herbs will induce a fever? For instance, take
> a normal 98.6 and briefly push it to, say, 100 degrees?
> Having searched the topics of hyperthermia, fever therapy
> etc., I can find nothing on this subject. I can find
> lots of information on _external_ ways to raise body
> tempature, but nothing from herbs.
> The other accepted ways seem to be with a benign bacteria
> strain, but I am not sure this is best for the average
> patient.
> Any ideas most appreciated, especially if you have used
> them before.
>
> Thanks.

Why do you want to do that? You could simply sit in the sauna for a while?

Look up the term Carminative. Maybe something there.

I'm not sure why you'd want to do that but body temperature is controlled by
the hypothalamus located in the brain by something called the
thermoregulatory center.
It's part of the autonomic nervous system, which means it's involuntary or
something you can't control.
I believe with dehydration as occurs with heat stroke for example , core
body temp is elevated, but not something I would recommend fooling around
with, very dangerous.

a fever occurs from white blood cells releasing chemicals called pyrogens. I
don't know of any herbs that might induce that event unless there was a
toxic reaction or something.

"barb28" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Which herbs will induce a fever? For instance, take
> a normal 98.6 and briefly push it to, say, 100 degrees?
> Having searched the topics of hyperthermia, fever therapy
> etc., I can find nothing on this subject. I can find
> lots of information on _external_ ways to raise body
> tempature, but nothing from herbs.
> The other accepted ways seem to be with a benign bacteria
> strain, but I am not sure this is best for the average
> patient.
> Any ideas most appreciated, especially if you have used
> them before.
>
> Thanks.

> Why do you want to do that? You could simply sit in the sauna for a while?

the why is irrelevant, and not everyone has
a sauna or is able to do it externally, that is
why the question was about _internal_ ways of
inducing a fever.

"barb28" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Which herbs will induce a fever? For instance, take
> a normal 98.6 and briefly push it to, say, 100 degrees?

I have never heard of such a herb. If there were such, malignant
hypertheremia, an extremely serious condition, is a potential complication
of using it.

Peter Moran

> I have never heard of such a herb. If there were such, malignant
> hypertheremia, an extremely serious condition, is a potential complication
> of using it.

Then we'll just go with the sauna & health club
membership, that should be the best way.

>Subject: Re: HOW TO INDUCE A FEVER?
>From: [email protected] (barb28)
>Date: 5/18/04 11:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Mind control can work to induce a fever.

A nurse friend of mine relayed an account to me about a young man dying of
cancer at the hospital. Whenever he wanted attention, he could, and would run
a fever. He kept the nurses running until they understood that he could ramp
his temp up or down at will.

DrC PhD

I know honey can raise your body temperature thts why you shouldnt feed honey to babies when they have fevers... but I dont know by how much or how much you ahve to take to raise your temperature by a few degrees.

Feeding infants honey can be dangerous under the age of 2. Some medical personnel say longer. The reason honey can on occasion induce a fever and is dangerous to small children is that it can contain traces of Salmonella. Salmonella at just trace levels usually present know threat to a healthy adult body. However, give the bacteria time to grow and it can be deadly to any human. Heating or cooking honey to a certain temperature destroys the bacteria.

My mother, (her father was a herbal doctor), once told me that you could induce fever by cutting an onion in two halves and keeping them under the armpit for some time. She did that when she was young.

Though I have never tried it.

symfar said:
My mother, (her father was a herbal doctor), once told me that you could induce fever by cutting an onion in two halves and keeping them under the armpit for some time. She did that when she was young. Though I have never tried it.
I heard that if you wear foil on your head it'll keep aliens from stealing your thoughts. If you wear foil on your head and put onions under your armpits, the aliens will kill you for being an embarrassment to sentient species.

Originally Posted by alienator .

I heard that if you wear foil on your head it'll keep aliens from stealing your thoughts.
Foil hats only keep the government from reading your thoughts. Aliens have the technology to see through foil.

Everyone has the ability to exert some control over their own vital signs for a limited amount of time (with some training). Bio-feedback was a popular practice... maybe 40 years ago. My Dad used bio-feedback/meditation (in conjunction with a blood pressure meter) to lower his blood pressure.