How Would You Describe "Cycling Culture"?

CyclingCultureWho?

Dec 27, 2015
I'm trying to figure out how we describe the cycling culture. What makes us unique and have the ability to bond other than the obvious fact we all have a bike, is it the life style, the common interest in fitness...

In a brief sentence or two how would you describe the cycling community and what the shared morals/interests are. Please also state which style bicycle you ride (Road/MT/Fixie)
Thank you

*For College Culture Project

I have a road bicycle. And I share the cycling community nature friendly awareness and interest in endurance trips like mountain hiking or track cycling, also to convey it as a viable and satisfying way of transport. If I could resume cycling in a word that would be 'satisfying'.

Whenever I think of my biking squad, I think of us as a herd. It's like a herd of birds flying south for the winter -- we move as a single mind and are very connected, cohesive, and connected. The community was very welcoming to me when I first started and has continued to be so for newcomers to the herd.

I don't clearly understand the question but let me try to answer. I had joined riding with different groups that pass by our place. So maybe the cycling culture is the feeling of belonging by the cyclist in a sector called riders. As long as you have a bicycle, no matter what type and brand, you are welcome to ride with us, to chat with us, and even to dine with us. That's the culture of bikers here.

Cycling is whatever someone wants to make it. I've spent over a decade as a mechanic in and out of shops. I just like bikes. If it has 2 wheels and you pedal it then i'm into it. I maintain that one does not require the latest, greatest, most expensive new thing to maintain their passion for the hobby. Culture in general around here is no different for cycling than anything else. You have your snobs, your enthusiasts and your noobs. This applies to life in general though. Not everyone is motivated by the same things.

I usually ride solo, which may be why I had little contact with 'cycling culture' in my country. In my area people mostly have very pragmatic approach to biking, it's a thing that you're doing, but does not constitue a part of one's identity.

Well, in my country is not a good idea to ride solo around, so basically everyone that has a bike needs to have a riding pack. Cycling culture is the inclusion of cycling into your day by day routine. You use it as a transportation, recreational purpose, exercise, discipline method. In that way, cycling becomes part of your life, and you try to include your family and friends, for all the benefits you find in it, and to become part of your cycling pack. P.D. road bike it's my thing.

Well in our group before, when I was in the province, our leader always shouting us when we have a long travel that, No one will left behind, watch out your brothers.

Whenever I think of my cycling group I think about fun and discovering what's beyond. Cycling is my comfort, You can't feel that you are behind. As long as you have a bike and you love cycling, then you are in to it.

Cyclists tend to bond more together compared to other motorists because they are not inside and can freely talk with each other on the road, more or less riding at the same speed, and the community is so much smaller compared to others that it is easier to bond and meetup for riding days.