I admit to keeping garlic powder around

In article <[email protected]>, Andy <g> wrote:

> Omelet said...
>
> > It's too bloody hot and humid here with all the rain we've had.
> > Early morning walks are always nice. Minimum of 30 minutes fast pace
> > works and is comfortable.

> You've certainly had it rough in Texas recently!

I'm just grateful we are not flooding where I am.
Others are not so lucky. :-(

On the up-side, it means the drought is over but you bet that water
prices won't go DOWN!

> Here it's day 2 of mid 90s and 70+ % humidity. I wouldn't be at the park
> period! The weather service issued an excessive heat warning for in and
> around Philly. Ugh.
>
> Andy

Tempts me to get a treadmill if the bloody things were not so boring...

I'd rather run the stairwells at work, but I can't take the dog. <G>
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a *****" -- Jack Nicholson

>take a 00 size gelatin capsule filled with Pure Cap

I love it. Where do you get a gelatin capsule?

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:03:05 -0400, George <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I also buy those blanched cloves in a jar at the Korean market. They are
>even less expensive.

do you use these as you would fresh garlic? i'm not sure that i've
seen this product. packed in water, or what?

(i've been using the chopped stuff in a jar ever since the fresh stuff
started looking pitiful a couple years ago. i assume the
dought/blight/plague from god is over now?)

your pal,
blake

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:04:33 -0500, Omelet <[email protected]>
wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> BOBOBOnoBO® <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
>> +garlic powder+salt.
>>
>> --Bryan

>What's wrong with garlic powder, (aka granulated garlic)? :)
>
>It's handy for LOTS of things.
>
>So is onion powder.

isn't the granulated garlic a little different from onion powder,
apart from the preservatives? i thought the granulated was just
dehydrate garlic without further messing about.

your pal,
blake

Andy wrote:
> Omelet said...
>
>> It's too bloody hot and humid here with all the rain we've had.
>> Early morning walks are always nice. Minimum of 30 minutes fast pace
>> works and is comfortable.

> You've certainly had it rough in Texas recently!
>
> Here it's day 2 of mid 90s and 70+ % humidity. I wouldn't be at the park
> period! The weather service issued an excessive heat warning for in and
> around Philly. Ugh.
>
> Andy

You might try a bike. Easier on the joints and since you travel faster
you see more. I don't know where you are but Montgomery County
(especially) and Philly have some great bike trails.

On Jun 28, 7:12 am, Peter A <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>
> > On Jun 27, 3:55 pm, zxcvbob <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > /Whatever/ you do, don't sprinkle garlic powder into the shoes and
> > > combat boots of your college roommate who seems to have an aversion to
> > > bathing (in the summer, no less.) Don't ask me how I know this.

> > Hehe. That's great.

> > Here's something from another newsgroup:

> <snipped>
>
> Why do some people think that when someone else acts like a jerk they
> should act like a jerk in return?

You don't find the idea of dog filth all over their carpet appealing?
Do you LIKE dog ****?

> --
> Peter Aitken

--Bryan

sf wrote:

> How old are you? 14? That punishment does not the crime in any way,
> shape or form. I'd tell you the correct way to deal with it, but you
> sound too immature to be able to do it properly.

Go on, what is it?

Thanks,
Don

In article <[email protected]>,
blake murphy <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:04:33 -0500, Omelet <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>,
> > BOBOBOnoBO® <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
> >> +garlic powder+salt.
> >>
> >> --Bryan

> >What's wrong with garlic powder, (aka granulated garlic)? :)
> >
> >It's handy for LOTS of things.
> >
> >So is onion powder.

> isn't the granulated garlic a little different from onion powder,
> apart from the preservatives? i thought the granulated was just
> dehydrate garlic without further messing about.
>
> your pal,
> blake

I guess...

The garlic "powder" I buy is made by Adams Extract.
Ingredients: Garlic Powder.

Nothing else.

I think that "Granulated Garlic" simply sounds more elegant than "Garlic
Powder" but is the same thing.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a *****" -- Jack Nicholson

George said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Omelet said...
>>
>>> It's too bloody hot and humid here with all the rain we've had.
>>> Early morning walks are always nice. Minimum of 30 minutes fast pace
>>> works and is comfortable.

>> You've certainly had it rough in Texas recently!
>>
>> Here it's day 2 of mid 90s and 70+ % humidity. I wouldn't be at the park
>> period! The weather service issued an excessive heat warning for in and
>> around Philly. Ugh.
>>
>> Andy

> You might try a bike. Easier on the joints and since you travel faster
> you see more. I don't know where you are but Montgomery County
> (especially) and Philly have some great bike trails.

Ridley Creek State Park (DelCo) is where I walk. It's a very steep climb
for about 1/2 mile then it's flat for a stretch then it's a gradual
downhill final stretch. Most folks go the gradual climb and finish with the
steep downhill. I prefer to burn a little hotter first and then stroll
around. My usual time for the 4.6 mile loop is 1:15 / pulse 96.

I like walking better. You work more muscles and I think you see more since
everything goes by slower. Lots of birds and then along the creek plenty of
fishermen/women to chat it up with. Lots of people listen to music with
headphones but Mother Nature sounds so much nicer, imho.

Then there's Valley Forge but I was told some of that puts the
walkers/riders in normal traffic. I'm not a big fan of breathing car
exhaust while exercising.

Andy

nerves,
> the dog--no matter how much of a 'good dog' he or she is--will not be
> able to control its bowels. Add to that the fact that the dog's
> asshole will also be burning like hell right after it *****, and you
>
> > Best regards,
> > Bob

> --Bryan

I can't believe you think it's funny to make a dog feel pain. What's
wrong with you? Someone should do this to you.

N.

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:17:04 -0600 (MDT), Don Salad
<[email protected]> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>>
>> How old are you? 14? That punishment does not the crime in any way,
>> shape or form. I'd tell you the correct way to deal with it, but you
>> sound too immature to be able to do it properly.

>Go on, what is it?

I don't want to give a kid an idea they could abuse.

--
See return address to reply by email

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:37:26 -0700, BOBOBOnoBO® <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Jun 27, 4:10 pm, "Paul M. Cook" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>> "BOBOBOnoBO®" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> > for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
>> > +garlic powder+salt.

>> Well since it's true confession time:
>>
>> I keep onion soup mix just to stir it into sour cream for dipping.

>At least you realize that it's not something to proudly announce by
>posting a "dip recipe."

Why post when it's printed on the package?

>If you like onion dip, you should try the
>above, using onion powder instead of garlic, and sour cream instead of
>the cream cheese/cream mixture.

Too much trouble when the other is so easy and PDG.

>Think if you served it at a party and someone asked what was in it,
>and you had to admit it had packets of onion soup mix.

Am I supposed to be horrified by the thought?

--

Nancy2 wrote:
> nerves,
>> the dog--no matter how much of a 'good dog' he or she is--will not be
>> able to control its bowels. Add to that the fact that the dog's
>> asshole will also be burning like hell right after it *****, and you
>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Bob

>> --Bryan

> I can't believe you think it's funny to make a dog feel pain. What's
> wrong with you? Someone should do this to you.
>
> N.

Unfortunately the dogs always get the punishment the owner deserves. A
few years ago we got a new neighbor a few doors down. They decided it
was a really neat idea to tie it outside and let it bark all hours of
the day. One day the police went from door to door to ask if anyone knew
who poisoned the dog.

"George" <[email protected]> wrote

> Unfortunately the dogs always get the punishment the owner deserves. A few
> years ago we got a new neighbor a few doors down. They decided it was a
> really neat idea to tie it outside and let it bark all hours of the day.
> One day the police went from door to door to ask if anyone knew who
> poisoned the dog.

I read about that now and again in the paper ... someone's dog is found
dead and I always wait to read that the dog's barking was driving
the neighbors crazy. Literally, sometimes.

nancy

Nancy Young wrote:

> I read about that now and again in the paper ... someone's dog is found
> dead and I always wait to read that the dog's barking was driving
> the neighbors crazy. Literally, sometimes.
>
> nancy

As someone who often sleeps during the day and works at night, I can
seriously sympathize.

"Goomba38" <[email protected]> wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> I read about that now and again in the paper ... someone's dog is found
>> dead and I always wait to read that the dog's barking was driving
>> the neighbors crazy. Literally, sometimes.

> As someone who often sleeps during the day and works at night, I can
> seriously sympathize.

Ditto. I don't know why people think it's okay to let that go on.
I can see how it might drive someone around the bend.

nancy

Andy wrote:
> George said...
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>> Omelet said...

>>> You've certainly had it rough in Texas recently!
>>>
>>> Here it's day 2 of mid 90s and 70+ % humidity. I wouldn't be at the park
>>> period! The weather service issued an excessive heat warning for in and
>>> around Philly. Ugh.
>>>
>>> Andy

>> You might try a bike. Easier on the joints and since you travel faster
>> you see more. I don't know where you are but Montgomery County
>> (especially) and Philly have some great bike trails.

> Ridley Creek State Park (DelCo) is where I walk. It's a very steep climb
> for about 1/2 mile then it's flat for a stretch then it's a gradual
> downhill final stretch. Most folks go the gradual climb and finish with the
> steep downhill. I prefer to burn a little hotter first and then stroll
> around. My usual time for the 4.6 mile loop is 1:15 / pulse 96.
>
> I like walking better. You work more muscles and I think you see more since
> everything goes by slower. Lots of birds and then along the creek plenty of
> fishermen/women to chat it up with. Lots of people listen to music with
> headphones but Mother Nature sounds so much nicer, imho.
>
> Then there's Valley Forge but I was told some of that puts the
> walkers/riders in normal traffic. I'm not a big fan of breathing car
> exhaust while exercising.
>
> Andy

We have ridden through Valley Forge a number of times and there isn't
any vehicular on the Schuykill River Trail which continues into the
park. There seems to a mix on some of the other park trails.

I agree on the mother nature part. I like to hear what is going on
around me.

George said...

> We have ridden through Valley Forge a number of times and there isn't
> any vehicular on the Schuykill River Trail which continues into the
> park. There seems to a mix on some of the other park trails.

Thanks for that info! I'll have to stop by and take a walk around.

Does it have many multi-use trails (bikes, joggers and walkers)?

Andy

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:48:13 GMT, blake murphy <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:04:33 -0500, Omelet <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>In article <[email protected]>,
>> BOBOBOnoBO® <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
>>> +garlic powder+salt.
>>>
>>> --Bryan

>>What's wrong with garlic powder, (aka granulated garlic)? :)
>>
>>It's handy for LOTS of things.
>>
>>So is onion powder.

>isn't the granulated garlic a little different from onion powder,
>apart from the preservatives? i thought the granulated was just
>dehydrate garlic without further messing about.

I don't know about the commercial stuff, but when my father made it a
while back that's what it was -- dehydrated fresh garlic ground up in
a spice mill.
--

modom

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Goomba38" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > Nancy Young wrote:
> >
> >> I read about that now and again in the paper ... someone's dog is found
> >> dead and I always wait to read that the dog's barking was driving
> >> the neighbors crazy. Literally, sometimes.

> > As someone who often sleeps during the day and works at night, I can
> > seriously sympathize.

> Ditto. I don't know why people think it's okay to let that go on.
> I can see how it might drive someone around the bend.
>
> nancy

I'd call in nuisance complaints before I'd poison the animal.
After 3 or more complaints, the animal shelter confiscates the dog.