I love playing amongst the trees!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Joe Johnson, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Joe Johnson

Joe Johnson New Member

zipp2001 likes this.

2. zipp2001

zipp2001 Well-Known Member

I've been exploring the woods over the last three years on a some what regular basis. I have been a road bike rider for 40 plus years and bought a used mountain bike for $100 three years ago and just love it. Will upgrade over the winter, here is a glimpse of part of my playground. Have fun explore and always good to push those boundaries.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot_bEyKxwho

3. robwell

robwell New Member

Looks like you had fun. Any info about your bike?

4. trailgumby

trailgumby New Member

Hey Joe, great to see your enthusiasm! I reckon that bowl has the makings of a great half-pipe. Rather than just going straight across it, maybe start further uphill and snake your way down the bowl from side to side in big s-turns, using the banked sides of the gully as banked turns or berms, turning back down just before you reach the lip instead of exiting?

We have some trails that do that further up the coast and they're awesome to ride.

Oh, one thing. I hope that drink bottle you tossed at the start of your vid made its way back into your backpack instead of just being abandoned trailside. One of the non-negotiable rules of MTB is that you leave only tyre prints. Everything else you bring with you, leaves with you. Make sense?

5. joahnna mae ma-amo bello

I haven't really been on the woods but I love to experience it someday. I am a gardener as well that is why going inside the woods would be a great experience for me. I am so jealous right now! That really looks awesome. Someday I might be able to do that .

zipp2001 likes this.
  6. zipp2001

I'm glad I decided to start riding in the woods and been nothing but a blast. I'm very lucky that I have over 100+ miles of trails not far from my front door.

7. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

You are so lucky to have the capability to ride in the woods and you are also lucky to have a place like that. When we moved to this suburban home, all the while I was thinking of the forest and woods that are nearby. But I was disappointed when I started roaming because it doesn't look like I was in the suburbs anymore. Those vast places with trees were converted into residential subdivisions. There's a view of the mountainside where you can see the houses. Anyway, I miss biking and today, yeah, that's today a Saturday, is our schedule for an overnight stay in the ranch of my niece. We will be leaving in a few hours and I expect to be riding a bike in those hilly terrain. Wish me luck.

zipp2001 likes this.
  8. zipp2001

Hope you have fun and stay safe.

Corzhens likes this.
  9. joahnna mae ma-amo bello

Wow! that is just so awesome! I would definitely go out in the woods if I have your circumstances.. That is an amazing experience. Anyways, I think what I can do for now is go to underdeveloped places here in my town and maybe take a stroll.

zipp2001 likes this.
  10. Kakashi

Kakashi Member

Going in the woods is always a lot of fun and a refreshing ride, I along with friends sometimes spend a day or two riding in the woods. FB_IMG_1521716093936.jpg FB_IMG_1521715627590.jpg

11. reighn

reighn Member

That's pretty amazing, I hope I also have time to ride my bike and go to the woods for some adventure. I miss the time when I'm still living in our province, the trees is just a normal obstacle if I'm riding my bike in that province, and roads was still not fully developed so it's gonna be a big challenges also. Even I was using a BMX bike, I still enjoy that moment.

12. treecko142

treecko142 Member

I haven't experience riding in the mountains and enjoying the air and scenery among the trees in a while; I've been stuck in the city for a long time. Hopefully, I get to come back this summer, it's been a while and seeing these photos and videos make me miss it even more.

13. DenisP

DenisP New Member

As a kid, I used to love the outdoors (I still do, but I used to, too). Whenever my parents would take me to the park, I'd ditch the fields and go straight for the woodland/forested areas. I don't exactly know what it is, but I always felt at home among the trees.

After I had gotten a mountain bike for commuting, I thought why not combine my love of the outdoors and biking, and head out to bike in the forest? After that point, a new hobby was formed. Mountain biking in dense, woodland areas is now a favorite pass time of mine.