Ice ice baby !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
Back out on the ice trails but with no crash today. I just can't get over how different the woods are during winter. I'm super glad I made the decision to get a bike that was more compatible for winter riding. Sure beats riding the trainer indoors. Might go look at studded tires tomorrow, but not sure if I want to pull the trigger on a pair this season.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcikQX6ECA0

I agree that it beats riding the stationary indoors but I cannot imagine the gargantuan risk that you are exposed to. The ice is slippery and one misstep may cause you your life especially when you are speeding or on a downhill ride. And you are lucky to come out with no injuries at all. That's the big difference in weather there and here because during the rainy season, riding on flooded roads is not as risky as riding on snow and ice.

Reactions: zipp2001
The biggest thing about riding on ice is to have light hands on the bars. I do try as much as possible to look for crusty snow to ride on, or rougher ice. It's the smooth ice that will get you in trouble if you don't notice it. My only crash so far has been coming to a turn and not seeing that it was smooth ice. It's all good and I like the challenge, will look at studded tires but most likely for next season.

Man I'd love to try to bike on ice trails and know this experience. Being from a tropical country, we have zero chance of this from happening, hopefully I'll be able to do this in the future if ever I go outside the country [HASHTAG]#goals[/HASHTAG]. Stay safe riding on ice, my friend.

Reactions: zipp2001