I'm sorry Mark Cavendish...

Eldron

Jan 24, 2002
I hereby officially and publically apologise to Mark Cavendish!

I thought the hype surrounding him was a bit like "Hincapie can win the Tour" american hot dog style marketing.

But man the chap can sprint. Chappeu Mark. How the hell do you spell Chappeu anyway??

Wait - what am I saying? I'm complimenting a Brit. Aaaaargh.

Ok so Mark would never have won if High Road/Columbia hadn't put THE ENTIRE TEAM on the front, or if they had a GC contender or if Boonen/Ale Jet were at the Tour.

Ahhh much better :D

Ok ok he's pretty good.

Oh the internal conflict...

Jan the man said:
Who do you think your boys will do in the test series Eldrack?
Eldrack and Eldron are the same person?...
confused.gif

Crankyfeet said:
Eldrack and Eldron are the same person?...
confused.gif

Nope!

Who came first - the ron or the rack :D

@Jan the man - either way a South African captain will win ;) ;) That said I think we're going to lay waste to the Brits - they invented the game - we perfected it :D Seriously though - I think it'll be close but we'll take the victory.

Eldron said:
I hereby officially and publically apologise to Mark Cavendish!

I thought the hype surrounding him was a bit like "Hincapie can win the Tour" american hot dog style marketing.

But man the chap can sprint. Chappeu Mark. How the hell do you spell Chappeu anyway??

Wait - what am I saying? I'm complimenting a Brit. Aaaaargh.

Ok so Mark would never have won if High Road/Columbia hadn't put THE ENTIRE TEAM on the front, or if they had a GC contender or if Boonen/Ale Jet were at the Tour.

Ahhh much better :D

Ok ok he's pretty good.

Oh the internal conflict...
dont worry elron, John Lee Augustyn will win the Tour in ten years. The biggest talent in the peloton imo.

pity he is a saffa :p

:D

Eldron said:
Nope!

Who came first - the ron or the rack :D

@Jan the man - either way a South African captain will win ;) ;) That said I think we're going to lay waste to the Brits - they invented the game - we perfected it :D Seriously though - I think it'll be close but we'll take the victory.
Yes, should be a close series. A lot could depend on the conditions. If conditions are right for swing bowling then Anderson could rip through the South Africans, good batting conditions and the scoreboard operators could be kept busy...

thunder said:
dont worry elron, John Lee Augustyn will win the Tour in ten years. The biggest talent in the peloton imo.

pity he is a saffa :p

:D

AAAAARGH :D Best you tell me where you're from Thunder so I can start ragging on the place...please don't say Oz - we lose at everything against them - plus I kinda like the place...

@Anti - spot on! Both teams have massive batting line ups and fast swing bowlers. Either way it'll be fun!

Eldron said:
AAAAARGH :D Best you tell me where you're from Thunder so I can start ragging on the place...please don't say Oz - we lose at everything against them - plus I kinda like the place...

@Anti - spot on! Both teams have massive batting line ups and fast swing bowlers. Either way it'll be fun!
I won't say Oz... he's from Australia. Couldn't you tell?...
tongue.gif

Crankyfeet said:
I won't say Oz... he's from Australia. Couldn't you tell?...
tongue.gif

I would have guessed Australia...

D@mn - more internal conflict - I like Australia but think Thunder is a knob. After our little mutual hissy fits I couldn't possibly call him anything nicer :D

Ah what the hell - summer is on it's way, work is drawing to a close today, I'm off running later and then hopping on my trainer to "ride" the last hour of the Tour, a freshly brewed cup of coffee in on my desk...I love you Thunder.

Hugs all round :eek:

Eldron said:

D@mn - more internal conflict - I like Australia but think Thunder is a knob. After our little mutual hissy fits I couldn't possibly call him anything nicer :D

Ah what the hell - summer is on it's way, work is drawing to a close today, I'm off running later and then hopping on my trainer to "ride" the last hour of the Tour, a freshly brewed cup of coffee in on my desk...I love you Thunder.

I'm also an Aussie, and having to work with a pile of Saffers, i've learnt that despite there Arrogance there a good bunch of blokes. In saying that I hope you guys thrash the whingeing pomps like we di in the last ashes series!!! I hope we beat you Saffers in the Rugby 2 weekends time in Perth!!!

Eldron said:

in all seriousness I like the South Africans. If I could pick one nation of sportsmen, that are harder than Australians, it would be Saffas. I really like Hunter.

But Augustyn, my god, super talent, super climber.

thunder said:
in all seriousness I like the South Africans. If I could pick one nation of sportsmen, that are harder than Australians, it would be Saffas. I really like Hunter.

Harder than Aussies......how can you call your self an Australian????

thunder said:

Agreed - if groomed right I think he is destined for greatness. He was wasted in South Africa - all we have is 100km races with relatively small hills in them...

The sporting respect is mutual!

@Scott - I'm a bit concerned about our rugby at present. Our coach was chosen more for his skin colour that his ability and I think the players are reacting badly to it. There is a bit of an omerta in SA rugby too! Let's see what happens at "the house of pain" on the weekend first then I'll make some prediction on the aussie games...

Eldron said:
Agreed - if groomed right I think he is destined for greatness. He was wasted in South Africa - all we have is 100km races with relatively small hills in them...

The sporting respect is mutual!

@Scott - I'm a bit concerned about our rugby at present. Our coach was chosen more for his skin colour that his ability and I think the players are reacting badly to it. There is a bit of an omerta in SA rugby too! Let's see what happens at "the house of pain" on the weekend first then I'll make some prediction on the aussie games...
Should be a close game, it always is. There's alot of saffers here in Western Australian due to the mineing boom. I personally dont think it's right the rules you guys have over there do to with race....as in quota of each colour in a team, I believe people should make it on merit, not the colour of there skin.

Scotttri said:
Should be a close game, it always is. There's alot of saffers here in Western Australian due to the mineing boom. I personally dont think it's right the rules you guys have over there do to with race....as in quota of each colour in a team, I believe people should make it on merit, not the colour of there skin.

Call me old fashioned but what happened to employing the best coach and putting your 15 best men on the field.

F**ing politics :mad: :mad:

Hey - I spent 6 weeks in WA last year - what an awesome place. Sadly I missed an aussie rules game at Subiaco (sp?) cos I had to fly home one day early.

Go Dockers!!!

Eldron said:
Call me old fashioned but what happened to employing the best coach and putting your 15 best men on the field.

F**ing politics :mad: :mad:

Hey - I spent 6 weeks in WA last year - what an awesome place. Sadly I missed an aussie rules game at Subiaco (sp?) cos I had to fly home one day early.

Go Dockers!!!
eldron, you know the one thing wrong with WA? Too many Saffas!

NZ, South Africa, Australia, very similar sporting cultures. Cavendish is just too good to be British. Cranky, is the Manx racial strain different? He can't be British.

thunder said:
eldron, you know the one thing wrong with WA? Too many Saffas!

NZ, South Africa, Australia, very similar sporting cultures. Cavendish is just too good to be British. Cranky, is the Manx racial strain different? He can't be British.
LOL:D

The Isle of Man isnt actually part of the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man

The only people i have heard of from the Isle of Man before though are the Bee Gees so i dont where that leaves the racial strain