Insipired by the "Gun thread" with the 1700 replies. Is something like this doable?:

I wonder why they dont make those anymore... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

A 23kg bike??? Is it also designed as a multi-role vehicle like the rest of the army stuff?... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Hey...you know the Swiss. They make good stuff!

Think of it as a Swiss Army Knife with a derailleur!

My pair of Swiss K-31 straight-pull action rifles would go well with it, no?!

One is blonde, the other a brunette!

Yes they would go just fine! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif Then, the whole "set" would weight about 33kg!!! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif Are you planning to pack lots of ammo too? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
I really dont get the military design people. I mean you still need to cycle on that thing right? Why make it 23kg heavy?
Nice rifles btw. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif Havent seen any all-wood ones I think. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

And pedal in combat boots! In full battle gear! That would be slow going.

The bike that the Swiss Army used for many decades was a single-speed. Imagine the fun that would been...

Originally Posted by Volnix .

A 23kg bike??? Is it also designed as a multi-role vehicle like the rest of the army stuff?... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
A common method for infantry movement in europe back in the days was towing. The military would either have tractors/trucks, or commandeer one off some unlucky farmer, attach a long rope with evenly spaced loops and trundle away at maybe 10 MPH. Soldiers would be on their bikes, one hand clutching the rope and just concentrate on staying awake, and not overtaking the towing vehicle on descents.

For the demands at the time, it worked well enough.

Swiss Army Bicycle Troop film. The Swiss disbanded their cycle divisions back in 2001.