Integrated Headset Fork on Standard Headset

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by C.H. Luu, Sep 5, 2006.

  1. C.H. Luu

    C.H. Luu Guest

    Hi Guys:

    I need to replace a carbon fork due to a damaged dropout. My current
    fork was made for my old Cannondale CAAD4 frameset, which has a
    standard non-threaded headset (Cane Creek C2 1 1/8"). Would a fork
    designed for the newer intergrated headset (Campagnolo & FSA), work
    with my headset (Cane Creek C2, 1 1/8")? I have a lead on a Cannondale
    Slice fork that was used on a Cannondale CAAD7 with an FSA integrated
    headset.

    Thanks,
    Claude
    chluu907@aol.com

    Tags:

  2. steve

    steve Guest

    C.H. Luu wrote:
    > Hi Guys:
    >
    > I need to replace a carbon fork due to a damaged dropout. My current
    > fork was made for my old Cannondale CAAD4 frameset, which has a
    > standard non-threaded headset (Cane Creek C2 1 1/8"). Would a fork
    > designed for the newer intergrated headset (Campagnolo & FSA), work
    > with my headset (Cane Creek C2, 1 1/8")? I have a lead on a Cannondale
    > Slice fork that was used on a Cannondale CAAD7 with an FSA integrated
    > headset.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Claude
    > chluu907@aol.com

    You should have no problem. The forks didn't change when the
    integrated hd-set came out only the head tube and hd-set changed.

  3. BobT

    BobT Guest

    "C.H. Luu" <claude.luu@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys:
    >
    > I need to replace a carbon fork due to a damaged dropout. My current
    > fork was made for my old Cannondale CAAD4 frameset, which has a
    > standard non-threaded headset (Cane Creek C2 1 1/8"). Would a fork
    > designed for the newer intergrated headset (Campagnolo & FSA), work
    > with my headset (Cane Creek C2, 1 1/8")? I have a lead on a Cannondale
    > Slice fork that was used on a Cannondale CAAD7 with an FSA integrated
    > headset.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Claude
    > chluu907@aol.com

    You might want to read this:
    http://www.chrisking.com/tech/int_headsets_explained/int_hds_explain_1.html

    BobT

  4. BobT wrote:
    > "C.H. Luu" <claude.luu@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Guys:
    > >
    > > I need to replace a carbon fork due to a damaged dropout. My current
    > > fork was made for my old Cannondale CAAD4 frameset, which has a
    > > standard non-threaded headset (Cane Creek C2 1 1/8"). Would a fork
    > > designed for the newer intergrated headset (Campagnolo & FSA), work
    > > with my headset (Cane Creek C2, 1 1/8")? I have a lead on a Cannondale
    > > Slice fork that was used on a Cannondale CAAD7 with an FSA integrated
    > > headset.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Claude
    > > chluu907@aol.com
    > >

    > You might want to read this:
    > http://www.chrisking.com/tech/int_headsets_explained/int_hds_explain_1.html

    this article doesn't address the quesition.

    most likely the fork will work, the cannondale integrated hs forks are
    slightly different to match cosmetically with the headtube, but the
    bearing seat is the same. as long as there is no physical interference
    it will work.

    i have a CAAD4 with a "slice" fork which is actually a profile BRC

Share This Page