We have our own sub-forum :cool:

Who are you?
pat
Where are you?
Spokane Wa
How big are you?
250 lbs 5'8" 5"9" when I get new knees
What do you ride?
custom titainium seven road, steel mazi cyclocross, steel fat chance mtn, steel trek road/sport for "all dwether assault weapon, old steel bianchi fixie for workin on "spin", klein aluminum road with carbon forks/seatstays (rides rough)

How do you ride?
painfully- many injuries, some missing and worn out parts

What are your goals?
get close to my race weight- (w/in 20 lbs- that means losin 80-90 lbs)

Marrzipan said:
How big are you?
203 lbs. (92 kg).

What are your goals?
when i first started, my goal was to lose some weight. i'm down ~40lbs, (about 19 kg).
Looks like we'll have to kick you of here shortly. ;) Welcome!
so i guess my next goal is to increase my riding stamina, and maybe do a 30 mile ride.
If you're consistently riding 16 mi, 30 isn't going to be all that much of a challenge.

I dunno I've workin on losin that 70-80 lbs for several years but, I keep gettin obstacles - last year 2 hernia surgeries- there's more, but you wouldn't believe or maybe not want to know

Chavez said:
Looks like we'll have to kick you of here shortly. ;) Welcome!

If you're consistently riding 16 mi, 30 isn't going to be all that much of a challenge.

flatrider aka Gerry
6'3" 215 55. I ride an 09 Trek 520 trying to get into shape for some long rides. Can anybody help me to avoid severe leg cramps after my rides?

Who are you? Dave

Where are you? Huntington Beach Ca.

How big are you? 330 lbs

What do you ride? Electra Townie 21 speed.

How do you ride? 15 to 20 miles at night along a beach path with a friend who rides the same type bike, 5 times a week. The ride includes a few hills, not very steep.

What are your goals? To lose some weight and get into better shape.

I'm Adrian from Paraparaumu, New Zealand

I'm 6'7" and 275lbs

I've got a brand new custom built Zinn Dolomite Titanium beast with 210mm cranks! It's a think of beauty.

I'm primarily a road rider. Heavily involved (committee member) in the Kapiti Cycle Club (www.kapiticyclingclub.co.nz).

Still trying to sort out goals for this year. Last year my main goal was to crack 5hrs for the 100mile Round Taupo Ride here in NZ. Stopped the clock in 4:49 which was hugely satisfying. And I had 2 supporting goals - 1 to do our regular 35km Tuesday night race with a 40km/hr average. (clocked a 40.9km/hr avg on the last race of the season) and to lose 15kg. (Didn't quite hit this one - but was close having lost 12kg.)

Who are you?
Hello i'm Pat

Where are you?
Sydney Australia

How big are you?
110kgs

What do you ride?
Trek 4300
Giant Bowery

How do you ride?
To work daily 14km round trip
Firetrails on days off when i can

What are your goals?
lose 20kgs have lost 10kgs so far
stay fit and healthy
keep my diabetes type 1 under control

flatrider said:
flatrider aka Gerry
6'3" 215 55. I ride an 09 Trek 520 trying to get into shape for some long rides. Can anybody help me to avoid severe leg cramps after my rides?
Are you staying properly hydrated?

Wlfdg said:
We have our own sub-forum :cool:

Who are you? I am known by many names....you can call me RooBie.

Where are you? New Jersey for the grace of god go I.

How big are you? 6'3"...just a wee lad. 235-240ish when engorged.

What do you ride? A red Roubaix by Specialized.

How do you ride? Carefully.

What are your goals?
Better Cardio. Stronger legs. Fun!

Who are you? Whuppingboy aka Andy

Where are you?Nottingham, England

How big are you? 6'1 and 93.5 kilos

What do you ride? Giant TCR ONCE (road), Cannondale Badboy '08 (hybrid) and sometimes a Scott Voltage (mountain hard tail).

How do you ride? Roads, trails and urban too (work) love em all.

What are your goals?To get stronger legs, as i'm recovering from surgery on my knee and the only thing i could do in recovery was cycling and even though i'm about recovered it captured my heart and won't let go.!

Love cycling and will do it till i drop. :D

Who are you?
Matthew (McHuntley)

Where are you?
Costa Mesa, CA, USA

How big are you?
6'0", 250#

What do you ride?
Schwinn Crosscut Hybrid

How do you ride?
Carefully, trying to avoid getting hit by those big metal things on the road.

What are your goals?
I started out peaking around 265#, I have managed my diet down to 250~245. I would like to weight around 200, even though the BMI scale says I should weigh 180... I will re-evaluate that when I get there.

mchuntley said:
I started out peaking around 265#, I have managed my diet down to 250~245. I would like to weight around 200, even though the BMI scale says I should weigh 180... I will re-evaluate that when I get there.
Eh, nobody really takes BMI seriously. My BMI ranking is "obese" and I don't think I've heard a peep from a doctor regarding my weight ever.

Who are you?
Name is Ryan

Where are you?
Kansas City, Mo

How big are you?
6'4" and 220lbs

What do you ride?
I just got a Gary Fisher AR Super

How do you ride?
Well, I'm just starting out.

What are your goals?
Right now my main goal if to participate in the Hotter'n Hell 100 down in Texas come August.

RMD Photography said:
Who are you?
Name is Ryan

What are your goals?
Right now my main goal if to participate in the Hotter'n Hell 100 down in Texas come August.

hey Ryan, what a coincidence, i'm in Houston. ridden a few solo centuries but never done the hotter 'n' hell but who knows, maybe i'll make plans and see you out there.

btw, no 100 milers in MO? seems as if there's gotta be a lot going on there too and Texas is a long way to travel for one ride. just wondering.

roadhouse said:
btw, no 100 milers in MO? seems as if there's gotta be a lot going on there too and Texas is a long way to travel for one ride. just wondering.

No there are, but the two of my cousins who are big into cycling go down there every year and they told me that's my training goal. We'll see though..lol. Granted I have only had the bike about 2 weeks but my longest ride so far was 15 miles which I obviously realize is nothing to any true cyclist.

RMD Photography said:
No there are, but the two of my cousins who are big into cycling go down there every year and they told me that's my training goal. We'll see though..lol. Granted I have only had the bike about 2 weeks but my longest ride so far was 15 miles which I obviously realize is nothing to any true cyclist.
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step" - Confucius

Who are you?
Brady

Where are you?
Michigan

How big are you?
6'5", 270#

What do you ride?
Trek 1500

How do you ride?
nice peaceful rides in the country

What are your goals?
to lose weight and get back into playing soccer.

Who are you? - Jason

Where are you? - Cincinnati

How big are you? - 6'5" 265 lbs

What do you ride? - just bought this Road Bikes - Mercier Galaxy

How do you ride? - Road/Paved Trail

What are your goals? - My goal os to ride 4-5 times a week with an average distance of 15 miles per ride throughout this summer, and get my weight down to 220 lbs initially, with more weight loss over the next 2 years. It took me ~ 5-6 years to gain this much wieght, and I know its going to be a long road to lose it.[/QUOTE]

Who are you? Tanner Waldo

Where are you? Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

How big are you? Average weight around 215 lbs

What do you ride? Rocky Mountain Trailhead/Currently Shopping for a road bike

How do you ride? On the mountain bike pretty hard, lots of fast descents and hard braking.

What are your goals? To reach sub-200 lbs this season, enter and finish at least 1 mtb race and 1 road race next season.