Introductions

Hey All,

I'm Joe from Bucks County, PA. I began 18 months ago at 262...down to 215. I rode my entire youth, especially college years. was pretty athletic back then, but got older and fat when the desk job began after college. Back at it now. Got a new bike about 18 months ago. Aluminum frame, 105 and Ultegra components...nothing fancy, but I've ridden almost 2,000 miles this year. Riding is my catharsis. I work evenings now, so I have all mornings and afternoons every weekday to ride, after I get the kids off to school. It is a dream to be able to ride 5 days a week, and I do, many weeks.
From time-to-time I worry about the stress that my weight puts on my bike, so many of my posts may be directed at the Clydes.

Thanks for any help and if you are ever in Bucks County, I'm always looking for someone to ride with...on a weekday morning.

Who are you?
Name is Chris

Where are you?
Right now I am in Estero, FL., right between Naples, and Fort Myers, until March 2011 when I move back to western MA.

How big are you?
5'9" 210lbs, just made it into the clysdales section...

What do you ride?
2009 Bianchi Via Nirone 7, aluminum/carbon fiber fork, Sora/Tiagra 9sp compact(for now)

How do you ride?
Pretty much for fitness, and the freedom of riding out in the open, love cycling.

What are your goals?
I need to get back into cycling that I miss so much, and to lose 35lbs. Now that I am 40, I think it is time to get more healthy.

Who are you?

An old fart, well I am 43 and my nickname is "professor" (long story)

Where are you?

Colorado, eastern slope south central highland desert

How big are you?

Fatass at 302 lbs. Very heavy build (monster stocky) and 6'2.5" (from a former 6'3.5" pre-accident). I know from an extended hospital stay that if unable to eat more than 200 calories a day for over a month I can look like a huge rotten deer carcass and still be 193 lbs. I was an avid daily swimmer and weightlifter long ago and peak shape I expect 235 lbs. or so.

What do you ride?

A hand-me-down from a friend, an aluminum frame "mountain bike" I think I am going to break, but it was a starter...

How do you ride?

Badly, well I want a form of urban and trail (non paved) travel for fitness and local (when I am at home) store hopping and public transport.

What are your goals?

Drop back to a healthy weight. The excessive pounds of fat are not helping me recover from some work related accidents, events that caused long bouts of low physical activity and fat gain...

I damaged the lowest lumbar disk in an industrial accident and over the next 10 years started to gain pounds, then about 5 years ago I had a stress injury to my right shoulder and could not ride a bike now if I had to put too much on that right arm.

Wlfdg said:
We have our own sub-forum :cool:

Who are you? Nick name is BULL. "It says alot about me"

Where are you?
Austin TX
How big are you?
6'4" 300lbs (do i win biggest cyclist)

What do you ride?
Fuji road bike
How do you ride?
As hard as i can
What are your goals?
I am lookin to do the MS150 in April 2011 Houston to Austin:eek:

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Who are you?[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Jaytron aka Jesse[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Where are you?[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]San Jose, CA[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]How big are you?[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]6ft, 215lbs[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]What do you ride?[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Just bought a Giant OCR 2 :)[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]How do you ride?[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Road[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]What are your goals?[/COLOR]
Lose some weight! Also get to the point where I can ride all day like I could 10 years ago :(

Who are you?
Hi, my name is Roger

Where are you?
I live in Hamilton, Ontario

How big are you?
5' 10 " - 240lb (42yrs)

What do you ride?
2010 Giant Defy 2 (just purchased today)

How do you ride?
I will be riding the roads

What are your goals?
My eventual goal is to become a non-Clydesdale. Goal weight is 160-170 lbs.
Back in the late 80's I purchased a celeste-coloured Bianchi road bike (one level below 105 gears). (I wish I could remember the exact model). Back then I went from 250 lbs down to 165 lbs . After that, life happened; married, kids, job, blah blah, got lazy.
I have actually been running for the last year, going from 280 lbs to 240 lbs but realized that I really missed riding. I don't plan on being at my current weight ever again.

Thanks.
Roger

Oh Man! I love this a special forum for big cyclists!!

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Who are you?[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Hey All! My name is Chuck [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Where are you?[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]I live in Toledo Ohio[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]How big are you?[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]I am 5'10 and weigh in at a mighty 314 pounds (and dropping as we speak.)[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]What do you ride?[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]My road bike is a 1981 Fuji Gran Tourer SE (I love vintage Bikes)[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]I also have a 2000 Trek 7500[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]For Mountain Biking I have a 2000 Specialized Rock Hopper Pro[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]How do you ride? [/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]I pretty much ride the city streets and single tracks (the flatter the better)[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]What are your goals?[/COLOR]
I am currently training for a century ride next summer. I have several short term goals along the way but the Century is the major goal.
Here is my cycling blog.
http://chuckdamage.dreamwidth.org/

Who are you? Name's Izzy

Where are you? NYC

How big are you? 5.7 240lb down from 350lb 14 months ago

What do you ride? just picked up a trek 7.2fx was marked $500.00 but they had a 09 leftover so i took that for $ 400.00

How do you ride? road & bike paths What are your goals? hoping to get down to around 180lb

Who are you?

My name is Jeremy

Where are you?

I am in Western Michigan

How big are you?

I am 6'6" tall. Currently 275 lbs. On June 18 I weighed 408 lbs and could barely walk into the building from my car at work. A life change was needed. With diet and exercise I lost over 130 lbs so far and have taken up cycling as one of my primary fitness activities.

What do you ride?

Currently a Genesis Mountain Bike. I will be getting a new road bike in the next few weeks. I will maintain the Genesis for training and off road training.

How do you ride?

Long and hard. I've never been fast at anything but I want to prove endurance. I am currently training for a Duathlon in June that will be a 26 mile run with a 40 mile bike ride. Looking forward to it.

What are your goals?

When I decided to train for this event I only intended on merely finishing. During the training process (which is still in early stages) I have learned that I don't have that in me. I am too competitive. I know I won't be able to compete with people who have trained their whole lives for this, but I will be competitive with my cluster.

Who are you? Hi all, My name is Vince

Where are you? I am in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area in the USA.

How big are you? I'm 5"11 and about 250#

What do you ride? Most of the time I ride a Specialized Sirrus Pro (about 2007 model), and sometimes a 1989 GT KaraKoram equipped with 26 x 2" Michelin city road tires. I am also building a bike on a Salsa Pistola Frame, with mostly Shimano Dura Ace 7900 components.

How do you ride? I retired but work part time and usually ride to work and try to get out one day on the weekend on either a rail trail or some back roads.

What are your goals? Better condition and weight loss but mostly to have fun.

Who are you?
Paul Hastings

Where are you?
Leamington Spa UK

How big are you?
5’ 2’

What do you ride?
Kona Dew

How do you ride?
Depends. Down to the shops at a pleasant pace.
When training with enthusiasm.

What are your goals?
60 miles a week A 100 mile ride.

Personal Page.

my name is ...

I currently weigh 105 KG down from 132 last year which was the highest point of my life after being in a wheelchair again. I have lost 20 kg in the last three months.

I currently live in Beijing where I dodge traffic and pollute my lungs.

My ultimate goal is to get back down to 90 kg and to find a right balance of about pushing myself and not reinjuring myself.

I have multiple injuries from the Army including two rebuilt knees, a rebuilt shoulder, injured wrists, an ankle with bodies still in its and unrepaired ligaments and advanced planter fasciitis. I will have foot and ankle surgery within a month.

I am a former spinning instructor and marathon runner, and I had a pretty active military career. I'm glad to find this community: has it is smaller and it seems more friendly than than another unnamed community (which couldn't even fix my registration problems).

I have to use voice-recognition so I hopeful don't mind my mistakes. glad to meet you all.

I forgot to mention how and what I ride.

I have 2 1/2 bikes. One is a **** rain bike used to carry stuff with that's nice basket. I commute one hour in a day by bicycle.

One is a Giant 3100 city/road bike, which I use for my longer rides of up to 80 km.

recently I spend one hour on the recumbent bicycle in the gym followed by a couple of hours spinning. ( depending on whether or not my knees can take it)

I have an Orbea like being billed for me now with butterfly handlebars built on top of a road frame.

I'm B.J. Ondo, a 240 lb, 50+ recreational/utility/lite touring rider out of Colorado Springs, CO. Currently ride a 2011 Trek T-900 Tandem, with my wife of 30+ years, JoLynn and when riding my "half bike", ;) I ride a 2012 Jamis Coda Sport, what they call a "flat bar" road bike, but let's be honest, it's just a really nice STEEL hybrid! :)

Take care, Ride Safe, have FUN!

Who are you?
Hi, I'm Sam

Where are you?
Portland, Oregon area.

How big are you?
210 pounds

What do you ride?
A stable of road bikes

How do you ride?
Mostly brevets

What are your goals?
I'd like to disqualify myself from Clydesdale status, by dropping 15 pounds. I'd also like to increase my speed, and increase my distance.

Who are you?
Felipe

Where are you?
kissimmee FL.

How big are you?
5' 9" at 224 lbs

What you ride?
Tarmac comp,caad8 & mongoose MTB

How you ride?
open road 30+ miles 3 times a week.

What are your goals?
180/175 lbs by next year & be able to do some racing in a close future.

We have our own sub-forum Who are you? John Where are you? East Orlando, FL How big are you? 6'1", 218 lbs What do you ride? Giant Defy 2 and a Diamondback MB How do you ride? Poorly! Like a wallowing whale! What are your goals? Finish 6 Gap next year in less than 7 hrs 30 min Finish Horrible Hundred next year in less than 6 hrs 30 min Compete in a Masters Cat 5 race and not embarrass myself

Who are you? Rick

Where are you? Dumfries, VA

How big are you? 6'-2", 230

What do you ride? New Schwinn 21 speed aluminum frame

How do you ride? Road course 10.3 miles every other day during warm weather. Stationary bike during winter.

What are your goals? Love bike riding, To ride for as long as I can. Presently 65 years old.
ReplyQuote Multi 0

Who are you?
John

Where are you?
Central/Eastern Canada

How big are you?
270 lbs

What do you ride?
Road, mtn, commute, utility

How do you ride?
As fast as I can, in reaily not too fast.

What are your goals?
Lose weight, ride more.

Who are you ?
Anthony

Where are you ?
South Florida

How big are you ?
6'2" 203 (down from 220) on my way to 195

What do you ride ?
Trek 1.5 looking for a MTB in the future

How do you ride ?
Solo on the road training for a Triathlon. Might join a Road club and try a few races on day

What are your goals ?
Complete an Olympic then a Half-Ironman Triathlon after that maybe a road race and try to ride a century