Is there such a things as a BIODEGRADEABLE GEL PACKAGE?

Bigbananabike

Dec 29, 2004
So is there?
Any idea what companies make them?

I'm sick of the lazy scum I race with throwing their gel packets at the side of road instead of putting them back in their jerseys:mad: .
It only takes a second to do the right thing:) .

I've written to the president of clubs here to get them to get their members to do the right thing.
One president wrote back to me saying he'd ask if they would use biodegradeable gel packets.
I have trouble believing such a thing exists and even if they're thrown at the roadside others have to look at them while they degrade:eek: .

Paul

Bigbananabike said:
So is there?
Any idea what companies make them?

I'm sick of the lazy scum I race with throwing their gel packets at the side of road instead of putting them back in their jerseys:mad: .
It only takes a second to do the right thing:) .

I've written to the president of clubs here to get them to get their members to do the right thing.
One president wrote back to me saying he'd ask if they would use biodegradeable gel packets.
I have trouble believing such a thing exists and even if they're thrown at the roadside others have to look at them while they degrade:eek: .

Paul
Huge cop-out by the president. Even if they were biodegradable (hah!), they would still be trash for a long time, until they degraded. What an ass. The correct response would have been "Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I agree it is not acceptable. I will do everything I can to change the behavior of those slobs."

Camilo said:
Huge cop-out by the president. Even if they were biodegradable (hah!), they would still be trash for a long time, until they degraded. What an ass. The correct response would have been "Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I agree it is not acceptable. I will do everything I can to change the behavior of those slobs."
============================================================
You're right !!
It is a cop out. He should care about the environment and the public's perception of the club(as we have had complaints from residents re racing / training in the countryside they have homes / farms in and pay rates for).

Possibly he doesn't care or doesn't want to be the one to really face the issue.
I wrote a reasonable letter to him re the problem and said he could use the body of it so he has material to offer.
I'm a member of that club (whereas the other one I wrote to I only race with occasionally - their president agreed with me but found it hard to know what to do - I then gave him a suggestion!) and could, I guess, stand up at the after race prize giving and raise the issue for discussion.
Although I'm a good public speaker(teacher!) I feel I'd be like a nobody doing it and so it wouldn't hold much weight.

I feel I'm very unlikely to find any brand of gel that has a biodegradeable packet and like you say it'll be ugly on the side of the road for months at best:mad: