Is Tonino Lamborghini a good road bike?

Marla333

Aug 21, 2012
Hi there, I'm new here. I was wondering if some people with experience could help me choose between these two bikes. I am looking for a road bike or hybrid. I came across this Tonino Lamborghini road bike. Is this a department store brand? How much is it worth and is it a good bike?

Road bike,
new condition, barely ridden.
700C
21 Speed

$T2eC16hHJHoE9n3KhWjoBQDOcoq8Og~~48_20.JPG

the other bike is this Jamis one.
http://www.sportchek.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=11134706&cp=3733354.3767828.3767829.3758106

any help is appreciated, thanks.

Do not be fooled by the fancy Itallian name, this is a bottom tier Chinese made department store bike. The components are all sourced as cheaply as possible. They try to sell these things new for a couple hundred, I wouldn't pay much for than $100 for one on sale - much less for used.

I expect that this is similar in quality to the GMC branded bikes sold on Amazon and WalMart. I have seen a few in the wild, they can be functional bikes when properly adjusted and with some decent tires. I have considered buying one for winter riding and general beating. Do not let anyone fool you into thinking that these are of the same caliber of a brand name "entry level" road bike (Trek, Schwinn, Giant, Specialized, etc.)

I expect that the Jamis is an order of magnitude better in quality.

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]I thought it seemed sketchy. Thanks, you've been immensely helpful![/COLOR]

I need some help. I bought this beautiful Tonino Lamborghini Bicycle yesterday from a private party who outlined that they recently bought it and had hardly used it. This bike is in a brand new condition, so I bought it. After admiring for a short while and cleaning up, I noticed that the air pressure was low in the rear tire, so I put air in the tire right away. I then decided to ride the bike around, it drove beautifully except for the brakes which were rough and noisy. Brought it home, and noticed that air pressure in the rear tire had dropped again. I put air in the rear tire again, got up this morning only to find the rear tire totally flat. What the heck? Please advise.

You probably have a piece of glass or metal in the tire or possibly the rim tape is faulty. Take the tube out , locate the leak and then match up the tube with the tire and rim. Inspect the tire and rim for and possible cause. Also check the valve stem for a leak.