Just one of those days !

Yup. We all have 'those rides'. I call some of them 'death rides'. It seems like every asshole on the planet is on your ride and out to kill you. All we can do is ride heads up and keep the eyes moving and on the look out for the next one.

37 miles of humid, soaked helmet pads, soaked jersey, soaked gloves riding.

The humidity was up and the temperature was a bearable 83 degrees. But, every time I slowed on a steep climb the damned flies and gnats swarmed me like I hadn't had a shower in a month. I'm surprised the buzzards weren't circling...

Only 1500' of climbing, but every foot of that was a sauna bath. I really wasn't pushing all that hard. We had morning fog from the over night rain showers and the vehicles in the driveway were still wet at 11 AM. Yeah, a little humid. But, the roads dried and despite a forecast calling for more rain this afternoon I figured I could be safe enough from getting drenched for a two-hour ride.

Although really overcast for most of the morning, the sun came out for about 1/2-hour in the middle of the ride. The temp might have spiked at 85-86 degrees for a short time and then the dark gray clouds came right back! Damn!

It's looking like it could rain again this afternoon and there is scattered rain to the West of here showing on the radar so...probably more wet stuff headed here later this afternoon. Possible severe thunderstorms late tonight. We really don't need more rain!