KH 2007 Products- details & info are here

danger_uni wrote:
> This is still in progress. We had to tweak the shifter mechanism to
> make it stronger for offroad abuse. But it will be finished
> eventually!!! I was hoping that it could be available by Christmas
> but now it looks like it will probably not be ready until early 2007.
>
> Kris

Thanks, please keep us informed on the geared muni, are you only
gearing the KH24 or the KH29 as well? I am ready to buy

--
Daytripper63
Daytripper63's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10789

danger_uni wrote:
> .
> *Fusion Freeride:* cushy and comfortable for muni and distance riding.
> This saddle has a very gentle curvature to reduce pressure at the
> front, and has cushy, double density foam and a centre cutaway to
> reduce pressure in the middle.
>
> *Stronger double bolt seatpost clamp. * Should’ve done that a
> long time ago…
>

> Kris.

I personly think youre a genius

Damn I shouldv'e waited for this 2007 model

--
dan de man

\"underestimate zombies and you get eaten\"
i got post 77000 in 'mr'
'.' (http://tinyurl.com/gsfgg)'.' (http://postsecret.blogspot.com/)'.'
(http://tinyurl.com/f7bag)

pm me to rent a . any site you want (nothing rude though)
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Holy Monoly!!!!!!

those new rims are awesome!!!!

i also like those new hub/crank set. im so gonna get a KH 20"

--
tomtrevor

'A GALLERY!!'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=196944)
'KEEPIN' IT WHEEL' (www.mediahug.com/bikes)
><>THE UNICYCLE BIBLE<><

I hate going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're
next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at
funerals.
'g' (http://www.google.com.au/)'o' (http://www.google.com.br/)'o'
(http://www.google.co.uk/)'g' (http://www.google.com.ni/)'l'
(http://www.google.to/)'i' (http://www.google.ch/)'n'
(http://www.google.com.mt/)'g' (http://www.google.com.na/)'s'
(http://www.google.rw/)'!'
(http://www.google.com.do/)'t'
(http://mediahug.com/bikes/?page_id=26)'o'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliced_bread)'m'
(http://www.funnyjunk.com/)''s'
(http://www.freelineskates.com/) 'R'
(http://www.tlb.org/Park-all.lowbw.mpg)'a'
(http://www.burntfaceman.com/)n'd'
(http://tinyurl.com/c1as)'o'
(http://www.cheese.com)'m'
(http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v0)
'L'
(http://www.mediahug.com/bikes/)i'n'
(http://www.mediahug.com/almax/)k'a'
(http://www.bakedbeans.com)'g'
(http://www.joecartoon.com/)e's'
(http://www.break.com/)
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

how much are the hub/cranks going to cost?

also, is the extra stability really helpful? I'm into natural trials,
and my tire folds over when jumping from/ onto uneven surfaces. would
the wider rim help eliminate that?

--
mornish

tobbogonist wrote:
> that was neat, now i only have to put it to use.
> parents banned my uni due to low school marks so if there are any nerds
> out there with a kind heart, i have a psychology assignment that is a
> few weeks over due, it is on intelligence.

I'd like to say that these new unis are going to be pretty sweet.

I've been riding on this new rim for a while now, and it seems to have
held round for longer than the older rims ever did for me. This might
be a function of the wheelbuild, which I spent a lot of time doing, and
also the fact that I used 13g spokes (I would use 14 before) however, I
have yet to flat-spot this wheel, which is good!

As an answer to a previous question, you won't need to buy new spokes
to build up this rim. Mine worked fine on the length for the old KH
rims. The E.R.D. (effective rim diameter) is the same on both rims, and
so the old spoke length (correct me if i'm wrong, but 171mm I believe)
will work fine.

As another answer, these wider rims certainly DO help reduce fold-over
caused from riding natural trials.

I'm super stoked to ride one of these babies.... man do those new
cranks look sexy! Way to go Kris!

-Ryan Atkins

--
m_extreme_uni

"Yeah, Gravity is bad" Leo Kottke
m_extreme_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/809

mornish wrote:
> also, is the extra stability really helpful? I'm into natural trials,
> and my tire folds over when jumping from/ onto uneven surfaces. would
> the wider rim help eliminate that?

The best thing to eliminate that is a tire pressure higher than 4
psi.:rolleyes:

--
Spencer Hochberg

(disclaimer: i may not know what i am talking about)
maxisback wrote:
> yeh i kill ppl for a living

'Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer'
(http://Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer)
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

> I've been riding on this new rim for a while now, and it seems to have
> held round for longer than the older rims ever did for me. This might
> be a function of the wheelbuild, which I spent a lot of time doing, and
> also the fact that I used 13g spokes (I would use 14 before) however, I
> have yet to flat-spot this wheel, which is good!
>
> As an answer to a previous question, you won't need to buy new spokes
> to build up this rim. Mine worked fine on the length for the old KH
> rims. The E.R.D. (effective rim diameter) is the same on both rims, and
> so the old spoke length (correct me if i'm wrong, but 171mm I believe)
> will work fine.
>
> As another answer, these wider rims certainly DO help reduce fold-over
> caused from riding natural trials.

thanks i think ill be geting a new rim now

--
unicyclepa

www.unicyclepa.com
we suck
but its all good
team YAMS member in your sig or title and say
unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246

Will the old Fusion cover work on the new street seat. You should sell
the new gel seperately to people who want it for their old gel seat and
for people who have carbon fiber seat bases I would buy it.

--
timbob1907

Cheers,
___Tim
:) Ride Trials:)
or
:cool: Film Street:cool:
timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425

Wow, nice saddles Kris- good to see the lower profile and flatter
seats.

How heavy is the hub/crankset? Will there be other cranks lengths
available in future? eg 100mm and 110mm?

Ken

--
GizmoDuck

'SINZ Unitour 2007' (http://www.sinzuni.org)
'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)
'Laos Unicycle Tour 2006' (http://www.laosunitour.org)

The Monguni tour 2008....

rogeratunicycledotcom <[email protected]> writes:

> It is worth pointing out that they are not just splined but each spline
> is also tapered. So in engineering terms they are a combination of the
> splines like on the older cranks with the cotterless cranks. They take
> the advantages of both design - no more creaking interface. :)

Very nice.

It is worth pointing out that ISIS is an open standard, so there is no
legal barrier to manufacturers who want to offer compatible parts.
More competition with compatible, quality parts will only be good for
riders.

AARGH now my KH uni is out of date!

Very, very nice unis Kris.

Only one 24" this time?

I will definately be buying the street seat when it comes out.

Cheers,
Max

--
max_pfeifer

max_pfeifer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7644

max_pfeifer wrote:
> AARGH now my KH uni is out of date!
>
> Very, very nice unis Kris.
>
> Only one 24" this time?
>
> I will definately be buying the street seat when it comes out.
>
> Cheers,
> Max

I agree with max this stuff is awesome
i'm gonna get me the 24 coz the cranks arwe shiny and i ride 24's i'm
annoyed that i recently ordered the gloves and now there is new better
ones

--
jake_amos

Jerrick wrote:
> Wow, this is the first time I have worn pants in about 4 months, it
> feels so weird.

I AM THE EGG MAN
[email protected] add me
www.jakespants.blogspot.com
jake_amos's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11587

I think someone went a little overboard with the KH signatures
everywhere. It says Kris Holm 18 times on the uni:eek: Once on the
seat, seatpost, three times on the frame, twice on the rim, one on each
crank, eight times on the hub (four times on each flange).

--

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> I think someone went a little overboard with the KH signatures
> everywhere. It says Kris Holm 18 times on the uni:eek: Once on the
> seat, seatpost, three times on the frame, twice on the rim, one on each
> crank, eight times on the hub (four times on each flange).

I think that beats the record set by the '05 model!

The uni's look awesome, Kris.

I look farward to seeing them in action and riding one. I like the
sound of having less Q-factor, but I can't say I actually like it until
I've ridden one.

I hope they're out soon.

Ed

--
edsbelly

Stayin' Single and Keepin' it Wheel (but not 2 wheel)

evil-nick wrote:
> If unicycling were easy, it'd be called "your mother!"

d^.^b
`

yoopers wrote:
> The difference between a boomerang and a dog though is that if you throw
> the dog, it usually doesn't come back.

Fork+Shoe=Spleen
Max's #1 fan
edsbelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11164

After looking at the new rims I'm thinking that a KHU Coker rim would be
pretty neat. Can you do a Stan's No-Tubes conversion on a rim with
drilled holes in it?

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Wow the new stuff looks great, I'm even more excited about the geared
mountain uni. I have a little bit of an off-topic question for you.
I'm going to UBC right now and I know you use to go there. I was
wondering if you're still attending as a graduate student, or ever
still ride around UBC. I haven't seen any other unicyclist yet,
unfortuantely.

Good work on the new line, I can't wait to actually try one out
sometime.

--
cegli

I like to unicycle.