King of the ice castle !

Although I live in a tropical country, I have seen snow in Beijing so I know that it is slippery. In fact, I almost slipped when we were walking along the pathways of the Great Wall. I watched your video and was waiting for the delicious pain. That ride was surely risky and I admire your resilience and daring attitude towards biking. It would have been great if the video had shown you sprawled on the ice. Just joking, hahaha.

Reactions: zipp2001
Although I live in a tropical country, I have seen snow in Beijing so I know that it is slippery. In fact, I almost slipped when we were walking along the pathways of the Great Wall. I watched your video and was waiting for the delicious pain. That ride was surely risky and I admire your resilience and daring attitude towards biking. It would have been great if the video had shown you sprawled on the ice. Just joking, hahaha.

Thanks !

Where I live we average 50 inches on snow in the winter, and this winter I really wanted to play outside instead of the indoor trainer. Add days of below zero and everything freezes up and it makes for a challenging ride.

Thanks !

Where I live we average 50 inches on snow in the winter, and this winter I really wanted to play outside instead of the indoor trainer. Add days of below zero and everything freezes up and it makes for a challenging ride.

Gee, 50 inches of snow is 4 feet. I cannot imagine how I will be moving in that high pile of snow not to mention the freezing temperature. Thanks for the information, I didn't know that snow can be that high. But I guess you cannot traverse the road when the snow is 12 inches high. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. I am guessing that your feet will sink when the snow is still soft. And I really admire your tenacity in riding your bike despite the bad condition of the terrain.

Reactions: zipp2001
Gee, 50 inches of snow is 4 feet. I cannot imagine how I will be moving in that high pile of snow not to mention the freezing temperature. Thanks for the information, I didn't know that snow can be that high. But I guess you cannot traverse the road when the snow is 12 inches high. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. I am guessing that your feet will sink when the snow is still soft. And I really admire your tenacity in riding your bike despite the bad condition of the terrain.

A perfect example is we just got 9 inches of wet heavy snow this Wednesday the 7th. The roads get plowed throughout the storm so they are passable with snow tires and if you don't mind a little slipping and sliding. The main problem with riding a bike on the road is you have no safe shoulder to ride in and for most of the winter the sides are very icy and can be very dangerous with skinner tires. If you can ride on the road your bike is getting covered with salt that they put down to help melt the snow. So you best be cleaning your bike real good after every ride.

Reactions: Corzhens