Lance Armstrong retiring?

Werehatrack

Guest
According to one of the lea stories on CNN, Lance Armstrong will quit
after this TdF.

Quote:

>Six-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong announced today
>his retirement from competitive cycling. Armstrong, who beat cancer
>to become one of cycling's greatest names, said: "The (2005) Tour
>de France will be the last race of my professional career."

If true, that can't be good news for USPS, nor bad news for the rest
of the teams.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

"Werehatrack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> According to one of the lea stories on CNN, Lance Armstrong will quit
> after this TdF.
>
> Quote:
>
> >Six-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong announced today
> >his retirement from competitive cycling. Armstrong, who beat cancer
> >to become one of cycling's greatest names, said: "The (2005) Tour
> >de France will be the last race of my professional career."

> If true, that can't be good news for USPS, nor bad news for the rest
> of the teams.

Well I am sad, but at least he is going to try for another win. A record 7th
win will be a record I am sure will not be broken anytime soon.
Ken

Werehatrack wrote:
> If true, that can't be good news for USPS, nor bad news for the rest
> of the teams.

Why would USPS give a rat's ass? Armstrong rides for Discovery Channel.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:19:35 +0200, "Robert Chung"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Werehatrack wrote:
>> If true, that can't be good news for USPS, nor bad news for the rest
>> of the teams.

>Why would USPS give a rat's ass? Armstrong rides for Discovery Channel.

You're right, I'm still behind the times. Ok, bad news for DC's team,
then.
--

Ken wrote:

> Well I am sad, but at least he is going to try for another win. A
> record 7th win will be a record I am sure will not be broken anytime
> soon.

Well, not for 9 years*, anyway.

* :p

Ken wrote:
> Werehatrack <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>>You're right, I'm still behind the times. Ok, bad news for DC's team,
>>then.

> Armstrong has not been doing well in races this spring. He says he is out of
> shape and overweight. He is getting pretty old for a pro athlete. Unless he
> can finish in the top 5 of this year's Tour de France, I suspect that the
> team will want someone younger to captain next year.

Eh? They'll want someone else anyway. He's retiring win or lose.