Lance Armstrong retiring?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Werehatrack, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    According to one of the lea stories on CNN, Lance Armstrong will quit
    after this TdF.

    Quote:

    >Six-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong announced today
    >his retirement from competitive cycling. Armstrong, who beat cancer
    >to become one of cycling's greatest names, said: "The (2005) Tour
    >de France will be the last race of my professional career."

    If true, that can't be good news for USPS, nor bad news for the rest
    of the teams.

    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  2. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "Werehatrack" <rault00@earthWEEDSlink.net> wrote in message
    > According to one of the lea stories on CNN, Lance Armstrong will quit
    > after this TdF.
    >
    > Quote:
    >
    > >Six-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong announced today
    > >his retirement from competitive cycling. Armstrong, who beat cancer
    > >to become one of cycling's greatest names, said: "The (2005) Tour
    > >de France will be the last race of my professional career."

    > If true, that can't be good news for USPS, nor bad news for the rest
    > of the teams.

    Well I am sad, but at least he is going to try for another win. A record 7th
    win will be a record I am sure will not be broken anytime soon.
    Ken

    > --
    > Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
    > Some gardening required to reply via email.
    > Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

  3. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Werehatrack wrote:
    > If true, that can't be good news for USPS, nor bad news for the rest
    > of the teams.

    Why would USPS give a rat's ass? Armstrong rides for Discovery Channel.

  4. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:19:35 +0200, "Robert Chung"
    <me@address.invalid> wrote:

    >Werehatrack wrote:
    >> If true, that can't be good news for USPS, nor bad news for the rest
    >> of the teams.

    >Why would USPS give a rat's ass? Armstrong rides for Discovery Channel.

    You're right, I'm still behind the times. Ok, bad news for DC's team,
    then.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  5. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    Ken wrote:

    > Well I am sad, but at least he is going to try for another win. A
    > record 7th win will be a record I am sure will not be broken anytime
    > soon.

    Well, not for 9 years*, anyway.

    * :p

  6. Walter Mitty

    Walter Mitty Guest

    Ken wrote:
    > Werehatrack <rault00@earthWEEDSlink.net> wrote in
    >
    >>You're right, I'm still behind the times. Ok, bad news for DC's team,
    >>then.

    > Armstrong has not been doing well in races this spring. He says he is out of
    > shape and overweight. He is getting pretty old for a pro athlete. Unless he
    > can finish in the top 5 of this year's Tour de France, I suspect that the
    > team will want someone younger to captain next year.

    Eh? They'll want someone else anyway. He's retiring win or lose.

Share This Page