Le tour de filipinas

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
This may be the counterpart of Tour de France that is expected to draw the best teams in Philippine cycling. With around 85 riders comprising the 17 teams that confirmed participation, the tour starts in May 20 and will cover 10 cities and 50 municipalities.

Wow, do they do this annually? Or is this the first time they are holding this event? I'll tell my friends about it. I'm sure they'll be excited about this. Tour de France was one of our topics not so long ago and they haven't told me about Tour de Filipinas.

Actually before, The Philippines has the Marlboro tour. A race from manila going to north, and it was annually race during 90's if I'm not mistaken, and I remember Arnel Quirimit and I forgot the other cyclist who always have butterfly in a plastic as lucky charm.

It is sad that the first stage of Le Tour Pilipinas was cancelled due to the heavy traffic on the highway in Pampanga, that is the nearby province to Metro Manila. The tour's chief commissaire, the Australian Louise Jones had to cancel the first race due to unmanageable traffic. Stage 2 will now be the actual first stage which runs today, Monday, May 22. The race will run from the province of Nueva Ecija to end in the province of Nueva Viscaya.

For an update to the ongoing Le Tour, the Philippine version, it looks like the competition is being dominated by the Carino brothers. The overall lead belongs to El Joshua Carino of Philippine Navy Standard team who is holding a 4-second advantage over the second running Daniel who is his younger brother. If ever, this is the first time in 4 years that a Filipino will again win the Le Tour for its 9th edition.

For an update to the ongoing Le Tour, the Philippine version, it looks like the competition is being dominated by the Carino brothers. The overall lead belongs to El Joshua Carino of Philippine Navy Standard team who is holding a 4-second advantage over the second running Daniel who is his younger brother. If ever, this is the first time in 4 years that a Filipino will again win the Le Tour for its 9th edition.
Wow. I haven't much news about cycling these past few months due to my busy schedules and I'm amazed that there is actually an event like that held here in the Philippines. It's a good thing for us and a good opportunities for our fellow Filipino cyclists to participate in a multiple stage bicycle race. But according to my older brother, the stage 4 has already ended today May 23, 2018 Wednesday and all finished stages from 2-4 the winners are all Filipinos. Therefore, there are 8 more stages waiting to be done.

Reactions: Corzhens
The Le Tour Pilipinas has only 4 legs and when the 1st leg was scrapped due to the heavy traffic on the main roads, the 9th edition of the tour had only 3 legs. But that's enough for the cyclists who seemed satisfied with the competition especially Bert Lina, the main man in the organizing committee. Le Joshua Carinño emerged champion after finishing a far third behind lap winner. Metkel Eyob of Terengganu Cycling Team. He ranked second overall with a total time of just 40 seconds slower than Cariño.

Wow. I haven't much news about cycling these past few months due to my busy schedules and I'm amazed that there is actually an event like that held here in the Philippines. It's a good thing for us and a good opportunities for our fellow Filipino cyclists to participate in a multiple stage bicycle race. But according to my older brother, the stage 4 has already ended today May 23, 2018 Wednesday and all finished stages from 2-4 the winners are all Filipinos. Therefore, there are 8 more stages waiting to be done.
Pilipinas was cancelled due to the heavy traffic on the highway in Pampanga, that is the nearby province to Metro Manila. The tour's chief commissaire, the Australian Louise Jones had to cancel the first race due to unmanageable traffic. Stage 2 will now be the actual first stage which runs today, Monday, May 22. The race will run from the province of Nueva