Looking for Battery Cover for Cateye Rear Light

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by michaeld121@hotmail.com, Dec 12, 2006.

  1. I've just broken the battery cover for my Cateye Rear Light :(

    I called the distributor & the covers aren't sold separately. It's
    seems a bit of a waste to junk a perfectly good light because of this
    one part - so I was wondering if anybody knows where I might be able to
    get one, or has got a spare cover lying around (happy to pay P&P and a
    sensible amount for it).

    It's a TL-LD1000, which is one of the newish very bright LED lights,
    see http://tinyurl.com/ymo4en. I think it takes the same cover as the
    newer TL-LD1100.

    Michael

    Tags:

  2. John Wilton

    John Wilton Guest

    <michaeld121@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > I've just broken the battery cover for my Cateye Rear Light :(
    >
    > I called the distributor & the covers aren't sold separately. It's
    > seems a bit of a waste to junk a perfectly good light because of this
    > one part - so I was wondering if anybody knows where I might be able to
    > get one, or has got a spare cover lying around (happy to pay P&P and a
    > sensible amount for it).
    >
    > It's a TL-LD1000, which is one of the newish very bright LED lights,
    > see http://tinyurl.com/ymo4en. I think it takes the same cover as the
    > newer TL-LD1100.
    >
    > Michael

    Will it not respond to the superglue treatment ?

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    John Wilton wrote:
    > <michaeld121@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I've just broken the battery cover for my Cateye Rear Light :(
    >>
    >> I called the distributor & the covers aren't sold separately. It's
    >> seems a bit of a waste to junk a perfectly good light because of this
    >> one part - so I was wondering if anybody knows where I might be able
    >> to get one, or has got a spare cover lying around (happy to pay P&P
    >> and a sensible amount for it).
    >>
    >> It's a TL-LD1000, which is one of the newish very bright LED lights,
    >> see http://tinyurl.com/ymo4en. I think it takes the same cover as
    >> the newer TL-LD1100.
    >>
    >> Michael
    >>

    > Will it not respond to the superglue treatment ?

    Or epoxy resin and tape?

    ~PB

  4. Tom Crispin

    Tom Crispin Guest

    On 12 Dec 2006 05:11:32 -0800, michaeld121@hotmail.com wrote:

    >I've just broken the battery cover for my Cateye Rear Light :(
    >
    >I called the distributor & the covers aren't sold separately. It's
    >seems a bit of a waste to junk a perfectly good light because of this
    >one part - so I was wondering if anybody knows where I might be able to
    >get one, or has got a spare cover lying around (happy to pay P&P and a
    >sensible amount for it).
    >
    >It's a TL-LD1000, which is one of the newish very bright LED lights,
    >see http://tinyurl.com/ymo4en. I think it takes the same cover as the
    >newer TL-LD1100.

    If you email Cateye direct, I bet they'll help.

    globalservice <at> cateye.com

  5. Josey

    Josey Guest

    "Pete Biggs" <p@pomegranateremovehighlyimpracticalfruitbiggs.tc> wrote in
    message >>
    >> Will it not respond to the superglue treatment ?

    > Or epoxy resin and tape?

    It'll be a see-through red cap that acts as a lens for one set of side LEDs.

    Jc

  6. Josey wrote:
    > It'll be a see-through red cap that acts as a lens for one set of side LEDs.

    Spot-on. I've got it fixed on at the moment with sellotape, but I
    don't think it's going to last too long.

  7. Tom Crispin wrote:
    > If you email Cateye direct, I bet they'll help.
    >
    > globalservice <at> cateye.com

    Many thanks for the suggestion - I've just sent them an email.

    Michael

Share This Page