Low Carb at Six Flags and White Water

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Haggis, Jul 8, 2005.

  1. Haggis

    Haggis Guest

    A hearty "howdy y'all" to everyone (especially those of you who are
    carnivores!).

    I am in my 26th day of low carb and have not cheated a bit (been under 20
    grams a day the entire time), and I don't intend to spoil my WOE by going on
    vacation. Have any of you been to Six Flags Over Georgia or White Water
    while you were on a low carb WOE? If so, what did you find there that you
    could eat IN THE PARK? We are not going to pack our lunches in the car,
    etc, etc because we are pretty fierce when it comes to tearing through
    amusement parks and don't want to take the extra time to go out to the car
    to eat lunch and burn an extra hour or so.

    At Dollywood (our local amusement park), they have ALL KINDS of low carb
    goodies like those big turkey legs, barbecue pork without the sauce, an
    all-you-can-eat buffet with lots of meat, and they even have an old
    fashioned pork rinds "shack" making them fresh and homemade, just like the
    hillbillies used to do and have been doing for 300 years now.

    But I am not familiar with the eats and treats of Six Flags and White Water.
    Any help would be appreciated.

    Brian

    Tags:

  2. Jennifer

    Jennifer Guest

    Google is your friend.

    http://www.sixflags.com/parks/overgeorgia/ParkInfo/shopsfood.html

    You'll find at least two places that have turkey legs.

    And you can always get any kind of hamburger/hot dog/sandwich and toss
    the bun.

    Jennifer

    Haggis wrote:

    > A hearty "howdy y'all" to everyone (especially those of you who are
    > carnivores!).
    >
    > I am in my 26th day of low carb and have not cheated a bit (been under 20
    > grams a day the entire time), and I don't intend to spoil my WOE by going on
    > vacation. Have any of you been to Six Flags Over Georgia or White Water
    > while you were on a low carb WOE? If so, what did you find there that you
    > could eat IN THE PARK? We are not going to pack our lunches in the car,
    > etc, etc because we are pretty fierce when it comes to tearing through
    > amusement parks and don't want to take the extra time to go out to the car
    > to eat lunch and burn an extra hour or so.
    >
    > At Dollywood (our local amusement park), they have ALL KINDS of low carb
    > goodies like those big turkey legs, barbecue pork without the sauce, an
    > all-you-can-eat buffet with lots of meat, and they even have an old
    > fashioned pork rinds "shack" making them fresh and homemade, just like the
    > hillbillies used to do and have been doing for 300 years now.
    >
    > But I am not familiar with the eats and treats of Six Flags and White Water.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Brian

  3. Cubit

    Cubit Guest

    At Disneyland I found that salads were close enough.

    "Haggis" <bes4@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > A hearty "howdy y'all" to everyone (especially those of you who are
    > carnivores!).
    >
    > I am in my 26th day of low carb and have not cheated a bit (been under 20
    > grams a day the entire time), and I don't intend to spoil my WOE by going

    on
    > vacation. Have any of you been to Six Flags Over Georgia or White Water
    > while you were on a low carb WOE? If so, what did you find there that you
    > could eat IN THE PARK? We are not going to pack our lunches in the car,
    > etc, etc because we are pretty fierce when it comes to tearing through
    > amusement parks and don't want to take the extra time to go out to the car
    > to eat lunch and burn an extra hour or so.
    >
    > At Dollywood (our local amusement park), they have ALL KINDS of low carb
    > goodies like those big turkey legs, barbecue pork without the sauce, an
    > all-you-can-eat buffet with lots of meat, and they even have an old
    > fashioned pork rinds "shack" making them fresh and homemade, just like the
    > hillbillies used to do and have been doing for 300 years now.
    >
    > But I am not familiar with the eats and treats of Six Flags and White

    Water.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Brian

  4. Haggis

    Haggis Guest

    Perfect! Thanks!

    "Jennifer" <jenniferNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Google is your friend.
    >
    > http://www.sixflags.com/parks/overgeorgia/ParkInfo/shopsfood.html
    >
    > You'll find at least two places that have turkey legs.
    >
    > And you can always get any kind of hamburger/hot dog/sandwich and toss the
    > bun.
    >
    > Jennifer
    >

    > Haggis wrote:
    >
    >> A hearty "howdy y'all" to everyone (especially those of you who are
    >> carnivores!).
    >>
    >> I am in my 26th day of low carb and have not cheated a bit (been under 20
    >> grams a day the entire time), and I don't intend to spoil my WOE by going
    >> on vacation. Have any of you been to Six Flags Over Georgia or White
    >> Water while you were on a low carb WOE? If so, what did you find there
    >> that you could eat IN THE PARK? We are not going to pack our lunches in
    >> the car, etc, etc because we are pretty fierce when it comes to tearing
    >> through amusement parks and don't want to take the extra time to go out
    >> to the car to eat lunch and burn an extra hour or so.
    >>
    >> At Dollywood (our local amusement park), they have ALL KINDS of low carb
    >> goodies like those big turkey legs, barbecue pork without the sauce, an
    >> all-you-can-eat buffet with lots of meat, and they even have an old
    >> fashioned pork rinds "shack" making them fresh and homemade, just like
    >> the hillbillies used to do and have been doing for 300 years now.
    >>
    >> But I am not familiar with the eats and treats of Six Flags and White
    >> Water. Any help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Brian

  5. Lass Chance

    Lass Chance Guest

    You'll find plenty of burgers, BBQ and chicken at 6 Flags. Burgers at
    White Water---and I expect more. I havent been there since the year the
    opened and Im sure they have muich more stuff, now.

    Start LC~5-16-05
    202-188-165

Share This Page