Maximum rider weight scandium frame?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Stan Cox, May 7, 2003.

  1. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    Guys. My Neuron, Coppi frame broke at the weekend from damage caused three years ago. A friend has a
    Viner Scandium frame (I know its aluminium really) I could buy but I seem to remember seeing a
    maximum rider weight mentioned for this frameset. Am I right or am I thinking of the U2 frameset. I
    weight approx 90Kg-198Lb how long would this frame be likely to last? All the best.

    Stan Cox

    Tags:

  2. Tim Cain

    Tim Cain Guest

    "Stan Cox" <stanDOTcox@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Guys. My Neuron, Coppi frame broke at the weekend from damage caused three
    years
    > ago. A friend has a Viner Scandium frame (I know its aluminium really) I could buy but I seem to
    > remember seeing a maximum rider weight mentioned
    for
    > this frameset. Am I right or am I thinking of the U2 frameset. I weight approx 90Kg-198Lb how long
    > would this frame be likely to last?

    13 months, six days, 11 hours and 23 minutes.

    Tim.

  3. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    "Tim Cain" <tim_no1@you_know_what_to_cut_timcain.co.uk> wrote in message

    > 13 months, six days, 11 hours and 23 minutes.
    >
    > Tim.

    With all due respect Tim, I think you forgot to factor in the corrosion factor from salt damage. I
    suggest you revise your estimate. ;-)

    Cheers,

    Scott..

  4. stan-<< Am I right or am I thinking of the U2 frameset. I weight approx 90Kg-198Lb how long would
    this frame be likely to last?

    Not long, I think you are well above the weight for this frameset-just asking to be stranded....

    Why not look at a good steel frameset?

  5. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <vecchio51@aol.com> wrote in message
    > stan-<< Am I right or am I thinking of the U2 frameset. I weight approx 90Kg-198Lb how long would
    > this frame be likely to last?
    >
    > Not long, I think you are well above the weight for this frameset-just
    asking
    > to be stranded....
    >
    > Why not look at a good steel frameset?

    Pete. I wouldnt even think Of buying a U2 frameset. Viner quote the max weight for that at 75Kg!! I
    am leaning towards getting my Coppi repaired. I like steel frames and given the choice would go for
    a top end steel mount. Unfortunately this has happened at an awkward moment financially. Chas
    Roberts have quoted me approx £150 and three weeks for a repair and I think I can live with that.
    All the best.

    Stan Cox

Share This Page