Maximum rider weight scandium frame?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Stan Cox, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stan Cox

Stan Cox Guest

Guys. My Neuron, Coppi frame broke at the weekend from damage caused three years ago. A friend has a
    Viner Scandium frame (I know its aluminium really) I could buy but I seem to remember seeing a
    maximum rider weight mentioned for this frameset. Am I right or am I thinking of the U2 frameset. I
    weight approx 90Kg-198Lb how long would this frame be likely to last? All the best.

Stan Cox

Tags:

2. Tim Cain

Tim Cain Guest

"Stan Cox" <stanDOTcox@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    news:iJbua.1808$0c4.1677@newsfep1-gui.server.ntli.net...
    > Guys. My Neuron, Coppi frame broke at the weekend from damage caused three
    years
    > ago. A friend has a Viner Scandium frame (I know its aluminium really) I could buy but I seem to
    > remember seeing a maximum rider weight mentioned
    for
    > this frameset. Am I right or am I thinking of the U2 frameset. I weight approx 90Kg-198Lb how long
    > would this frame be likely to last?

13 months, six days, 11 hours and 23 minutes.

Tim.

3. S. Anderson

S. Anderson Guest

"Tim Cain" <tim_no1@you_know_what_to_cut_timcain.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:3eb97ece$0$11375$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com...
    >
    >
    > 13 months, six days, 11 hours and 23 minutes.
    >
    > Tim.
    >
    >
    >

With all due respect Tim, I think you forgot to factor in the corrosion factor from salt damage. I
    suggest you revise your estimate. ;-)

Cheers,

Scott..

4. stan-<< Am I right or am I thinking of the U2 frameset. I weight approx 90Kg-198Lb how long would
    this frame be likely to last?

Not long, I think you are well above the weight for this frameset-just asking to be stranded....

Why not look at a good steel frameset?

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

5. Stan Cox

Stan Cox Guest

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" <vecchio51@aol.com> wrote in message
    news:20030508085336.11629.00000016@mb-m01.aol.com...
    > stan-<< Am I right or am I thinking of the U2 frameset. I weight approx 90Kg-198Lb how long would
    > this frame be likely to last?
    >
    > Not long, I think you are well above the weight for this frameset-just
    asking
    > to be stranded....
    >
    > Why not look at a good steel frameset?
    >
    Pete. I wouldnt even think Of buying a U2 frameset. Viner quote the max weight for that at 75Kg!! I
    am leaning towards getting my Coppi repaired. I like steel frames and given the choice would go for
    a top end steel mount. Unfortunately this has happened at an awkward moment financially. Chas
    Roberts have quoted me approx £150 and three weeks for a repair and I think I can live with that.
    All the best.

Stan Cox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.