Mountain bike shoes for big feet

Thebigguy

Jan 18, 2017
I ride a Surly LHT and wear mountain bike shoes for ease of walking but the soles finally separated on my really OLD shoes and now I can't find shoes to fit. I wear a 48 or 49 size but can't find a shoe wide enough anywhere.
I know I'll have to order online but I'm looking for some help in suggesting good shoes that come in wide sizes.
Any and all help is appreciated!

SIDI Dominator. I have to get EE to H width and their wide shoe works for me. Might be a little pricey, but well built and I have been told they stand behind their products. Best shoe I have owned.

SIDI Dominator. I have to get EE to H width and their wide shoe works for me. Might be a little pricey, but well built and I have been told they stand behind their products. Best shoe I have owned.
Thanks much for the info! I'm past the point of caring what they cost (within reason) just so I can get back on the machine!

+1 for the Sidis. Look for the "Mega" (wide) version. I've been wearing a pair of 51s for 10-15 years. Good shoes. I've replaced the straps once or twice.

+1 for the Sidis. Look for the "Mega" (wide) version. I've been wearing a pair of 51s for 10-15 years. Good shoes. I've replaced the straps once or twice.
Thanks for the reply! I've been trying to find a pair of the megas to check for fit but no luck so I guess It's an online order. They're not cheap but sure worth it if they work!

I have a high volume foot, too. Mine aren't as long as yours, but I need a WIDE toe box. I've always found Diadora's shoes to roomy enough for me, especially if I go a half size larger. They seem to build their shoes on wider lasts.