Multi or Single-Day Team Races

Joe

Guest
Are there any Multi-Day or Single Day Team races. I know that many marathons offer relay options but
you only get to race a half-marathon then. I want more miles if I'm racing.

Are there any Multi-Day events in the US that allow teams to compete?

Thanks, Joe

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:16:34 -0500, "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Are there any Multi-Day or Single Day Team races. I know that many marathons offer relay options
>but you only get to race a half-marathon then. I want more miles if I'm racing.
>
>Are there any Multi-Day events in the US that allow teams to compete?
>
>Thanks, Joe

In Washington there is the Ranier to Pacific race. In Orergon there is the Hood To Coast relay race
that is really big, 195 miles.

You could always try your hand at the Badwater ultra.

Does Badwater allow teams. I'm looking for something that my wife and I can do together.

Thanks,

news:[email protected]...

Joe wrote:

> Are there any Multi-Day or Single Day Team races. I know that many marathons offer relay options
> but you only get to race a half-marathon then. I want more miles if I'm racing.

I would suggest you peruse http://www.run100s.com/ specifically "other ultramarathons."

There is one I did this year called Laurel Highlands in western Pa. It's a 70 mile race that you can
run solo or team. The teams can be from two to five. I ran with two others and did the first 35 as a
race member and tagged off but added another five to get a 40 mile training run. This race is point
to point so managing cars etc. can be a pain in the ass.

--
Doug Freese [email protected]