Multi or Single-Day Team Races

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Joe, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Are there any Multi-Day or Single Day Team races. I know that many marathons offer relay options but
    you only get to race a half-marathon then. I want more miles if I'm racing.

    Are there any Multi-Day events in the US that allow teams to compete?

    Thanks, Joe

    Tags:

  2. Xenman

    Xenman Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:16:34 -0500, "Joe" <joeblow632@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Are there any Multi-Day or Single Day Team races. I know that many marathons offer relay options
    >but you only get to race a half-marathon then. I want more miles if I'm racing.
    >
    >Are there any Multi-Day events in the US that allow teams to compete?
    >
    >Thanks, Joe

    In Washington there is the Ranier to Pacific race. In Orergon there is the Hood To Coast relay race
    that is really big, 195 miles.

    You could always try your hand at the Badwater ultra.

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Does Badwater allow teams. I'm looking for something that my wife and I can do together.

    Thanks,

    Joe "xenman" <xenman@sprynet.nospaam.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:16:34 -0500, "Joe" <joeblow632@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Are there any Multi-Day or Single Day Team races. I know that many marathons offer relay options
    > >but you only get to race a half-marathon
    then.
    > >I want more miles if I'm racing.
    > >
    > >Are there any Multi-Day events in the US that allow teams to compete?
    > >
    > >Thanks, Joe
    > >

    > In Washington there is the Ranier to Pacific race. In Orergon there is the Hood To Coast relay
    > race that is really big, 195 miles.
    >
    > You could always try your hand at the Badwater ultra.

  4. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    Joe wrote:

    > Does Badwater allow teams.

    Yes, teams of one!

    --
    Doug Freese dfreeseS@NOBShvc.rr.com

  5. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    Joe wrote:

    > Are there any Multi-Day or Single Day Team races. I know that many marathons offer relay options
    > but you only get to race a half-marathon then. I want more miles if I'm racing.

    I would suggest you peruse http://www.run100s.com/ specifically "other ultramarathons."

    There is one I did this year called Laurel Highlands in western Pa. It's a 70 mile race that you can
    run solo or team. The teams can be from two to five. I ran with two others and did the first 35 as a
    race member and tagged off but added another five to get a 40 mile training run. This race is point
    to point so managing cars etc. can be a pain in the ass.

    --
    Doug Freese dfreeseS@NOBShvc.rr.com

Share This Page