music while you ride

poop_007 said:
hey,

just wondering how many of you guys listen to music while you do any types of riding. what do you listen to? do you listen on cd's, mp3's?

i listen to rock, and some hip hop, anything that will keep me going.
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing not so long ago. I know they're a couple of rock songs that get me going and some Chemical Brothers beats. If anyone has some music titles they would like to share, PLEASE POST! :D

Not a good idea, Only if you are on an abannoded road or something. You have to hear the cars and not worth getting hit

I listen to just about everything. I have everything from Marilyn Manson to Enya on my iPod. I've recently been hooked on a DJ Sammy album though.

as im mostly offroad anyway i can afford to take the risk of listening to music :)

Downhill: Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium or From First to Last (sadly im barely halfway through the song when i reach the bottom)

Flat surface / climbs: 3 Doors Down, July For Kings

technical off-roading: nothing as the only rides like that around here involve bombing along a footpath, uve gotta be able to hear the dog walkers:rolleyes: .

I listen to rock and rap/hip hop but the main thing that keeps me in a rhythm is techno music. If you just try and pedal to the beat you will be awsome.

Trance/House/Hard House/Hard Trance = :D:eek:......nothing compares when riding

:cool: Anything with a good and steady beat. This helps keep steady peadling but dont get it to fast. I prefer country havent found anything to reacomend but like the banjo and harmonica. (i play the harminica.) This is a good catagory but if you want a real beat altough i wouldn recomend it is hip hop.

Not a wise thing to do, you need your ears when cycling on the road to hear car engines, hazards and people.

But it is good for removing those idiots from the gene pool. :)

roadbikeman said:
Not a wise thing to do, you need your ears when cycling on the road to hear car engines, hazards and people.

But it is good for removing those idiots from the gene pool. :)
i agree, if i had music playing, i would go crazy in the first 3 minutes not being able to hear what is going on around me

I bought MP3 player week ago and it`s great. I still hear cars, music motivates me a lot and the most important, it`s not so boring.:)I mostly listen dance and rock music.

Virenque said:
I bought MP3 player week ago and it`s great. I still hear cars, music motivates me a lot and the most important, it`s not so boring.:)I mostly listen dance and rock music.
I don't listen to music while riding, but in my head I play "Eye of the Tiger" and "Push It to the Limit" over and over again, especially on the hills :p.

I have an MP3 player that I ride with...a lot of country songs, but also Pennywise, Offspring, AFI, Blink 182, ATB, Garbage, Green Day (i love their new CD). However, I normally play it so quiet anyway because I like to hear the cars around me when I ride on the road. Does anyone else get concerned about hearing the cars pass them on the road?

i usually listen to metal and rock, Ozzy, metallica, dream theater. but i notice when im on the trainer i like harder stuff like Mudvayne, Kill-switch-en-guage, system of a down.... it gets me goin.

I actually had an MP3 player and tool it back because I was concerned that I would get hit by a car. Where I ride in PA there is no room on the side of the road to ride. Stinks not to have music, but better to be alive!

fury4 said:
I actually had an MP3 player and tool it back because I was concerned that I would get hit by a car. Where I ride in PA there is no room on the side of the road to ride. Stinks not to have music, but better to be alive!
I hear you!! I kept mine because I also run and lift a lot. But the rides were sometimes painfully long because I had no music. Better for racing practice, but not for overdistance days. So now I put the headphone in my right ear only! Not perfect, but it's something :)

Riding on the road listening to music is quite possibly the stupidist idea ever you need full use of your ears to remain safe and in my opinion its a lot more pleasant when riding through the countryside if your not listening to music just nature as it were