Need to be careful while riding at night.

Hey bro thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look see now.

I've decided to sell my other bike it's a GT Avalanche 2.0, 2013, medium setup 26. Local buyers only I'm selling it at $400 or PHP 20,000 do you think the price is good?
FB_IMG_1521715471144.jpg
FB_IMG_1521715504694.jpg
FB_IMG_1521715512006.jpg
FB_IMG_1521715545635.jpg
FB_IMG_1521715535497.jpg

I have come to realize that riding at night is one of the most dangerous time to ride. Maybe this is not true everywhere, but the place that I come from is having such issues as this in the sense that there are times that some drunk motorists will be careless on the road and when one is not careful, you may end up being injured by their vehicles.

So, there is need for us to be really careful when we ride at night for that is not a very nice time to go riding especially during the weekends .
It happens in our place too. Most accidents happen at night. Though it doesn't happen same in other places, yet we really have to be very careful to prevent any accident particularly during nighttime.

Biking at night is more dangerous in general, particularly when it's your first time biking on that route. However, as long as you're careful, bike on the well-lit roads, and you're familiar with the route where you're in, you can still bike safely without worrying too much.
Well that's the other problem of some bikers while riding their bikes at night, they're not familiar to the road, and sometimes that could cause an accident.

Well that's the other problem of some bikers while riding their bikes at night, they're not familiar to the road, and sometimes that could cause an accident.

I blame the riders that don't understand the traffic and road rules before going on a ride. Just like when drivers go to driving schools before going on to drive any vehicle, the same thing should happen in the sense that riders should understand the road rules and the lanes they should follow as well.

Right, It doesn't matter if how many years you riding your bike, or how you comfortable to the roads, we should always be careful specially for the new route that we're not familiar. Sometimes, lack of warning signs also is the cause of accident.

Yep, it says about $250, I think here it could be sold higher because there's only few bikes like that here. Hmm gotta lower it down a bit, but I can't go less than $300.

Seen the lights you've told me about their really great, I'm still choosing one to buy. Again thanks.

Lights day and night! I like to be seen and see as much as possible. Believe it or not, I actually feel safer riding in the dark of night around here. I feel I can be seen with 2 red strobe lights from behind much more that during the day. If I am near the shoulder at night on the other side of a parked car, I'm pretty sure a driver coming from behind will know I am there. During the day, it's a gamble. The strobe light can't be denied. :p

01.JPG
02.jpg
03.JPG

I also like ankle bands in the dark to be seen from the sides. Heck they even light up with the camera flash.
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg

2 red strobes on the rear, one on the helmet and one on the seat post. Even lights during the day light.
07.jpg

I even put the lights on our bikes during the day, that's Gina.

ride072414.jpg
080514C.jpg

:D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Another little thing I do since I ride local roads around home. On the way home from work, I drive down the street I plan to ride since it's on the way home and take notes of any changes and road conditions. Construction, pot holes, branches, trash cans on trash day etc.

I have the same concerns. It's not always safe to ride at night. You can't really assume that no one's going to hurt you. This is why it depends on where you live and how late in the night you plan to ride.