Nominations for best racing tire

Phill P

Jul 9, 2006
I'm going to start a voting thread in a few days so we can vote on the best racing clinchers, and comment on the pros and cons of peoples experiences.

Right now looking for nominations, then I will include ten condenders for everyone to vote on for next weekend.

There is a section for tubulars

Who cares if they are made in Asia, they kick ass. Your carbon bike almost definitely came out of somewhere, somehow in Asia now too.

And sorry, but conti attack/force ride like ass compared to Evo Corsa CX.

bobbyOCR said:
There is a section for tubulars

Who cares if they are made in Asia, they kick ass. Your carbon bike almost definitely came out of somewhere, somehow in Asia now too.

And sorry, but conti attack/force ride like ass compared to Evo Corsa CX.
I have always found the Attack/Force to be a really good combination, but I have never tried any of the Vittoria range of tires. Had a quick look on Probike and they are about the same price so might give them a shot the next time I need new race tires. What are they like for wear and puncture resistance?

jcjordan said:
I have always found the Attack/Force to be a really good combination, but I have never tried any of the Vittoria range of tires. Had a quick look on Probike and they are about the same price so might give them a shot the next time I need new race tires. What are they like for wear and puncture resistance?
They are race tyres. You get about 1500km wear, puncture resistance so far on the Vittorias is fine, but don't expect any miracles. They ride like a dream though.

bobbyOCR said:
They are race tyres. You get about 1500km wear, puncture resistance so far on the Vittorias is fine, but don't expect any miracles. They ride like a dream though.
I hope you mean 15000km, 1500 would have the tires wearing out in less then a month?

jcjordan said:
I hope you mean 15000km, 1500 would have the tires wearing out in less then a month?
They are RACE tyres. You us ethem in important RACES. Club races are club races. Conti Attack force could be classed as a club race tyre. A race tyre is used in the important races. I may go through 1 set in 6 months. But I don't race that much.

gee not getting much of a range of nominations here

So far:
Vittoria Evo Open Corsa CX
Michelian pro race II
Veloflex (sponsor ad?)
Conti attack/Force

Nobody going to stand up for Hutchenson? Schwalbe? GP4000s?

Phill P said:

So far:
Michelian pro race II
Veloflex (sponsor ad?)
Conti attack/Force

I'd also go for Vittoria Evo Open Corsa CX. In my experence I have always being much happier on 23mm tyres. I have found them faster and better cornering than 20mm tyres.

Phill P said:

So far:
Michelian pro race II
Veloflex (sponsor ad?)
Conti attack/Force

Why?