NORBA pix

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Jul 28, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    I'm grouping these by event type.

    DH photos. Let's start with images of "alter boy" the crux drop on the pro-expert course:
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba8.jpg www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba9.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba13.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba14.jpg www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba1.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba22.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba23.jpg

    DH, other spots on the course. Think rocks, roots and dust.
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba21.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba12.jpg

    XC course, up in the woods: www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba3.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba6.jpg

    Short track: www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba2.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba15.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba16.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba24.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba17.jpg

    Mountain Cross www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba18.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba19.jpg

    Other fun stuff: www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba4.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba5.jpg www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba10.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba11.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba20.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba25.jpg (I know this guy)
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba7.jpg

    Tags:

  2. Penny says:

    <snip>

    Penny - fer Krissakes make sure to get the links in. ;-)

    I'm gonna be cutting and pasting on the dialup all night....

    Steve "Thanks, though...."

  3. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    I'm grouping these by event type.

    DH photos. Let's start with images of "alter boy" the crux drop on the pro-expert course:
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba8.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba9.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba13.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba14.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba1.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba22.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba23.jpg

    DH, other spots on the course. Think rocks, roots and dust.
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba21.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba12.jpg

    XC course, up in the woods: http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba3.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba6.jpg

    Short track: http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba2.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba15.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba16.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba24.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba17.jpg

    Mountain Cross http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba18.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba19.jpg

    Other fun stuff: http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba4.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba5.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba10.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba11.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba20.jpg
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba25.jpg (I know this guy)
    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba7.jpg

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Stephen Baker scribbled :
    > Penny says:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Penny - fer Krissakes make sure to get the links in. ;-)
    >
    > I'm gonna be cutting and pasting on the dialup all night....
    >
    > Steve "Thanks, though...."

    what is the problem? I tested all of them before I sent it... don't tell me AOHell requires a
    "http etc" on them.. that's a software set up problem, not a Penny-can't-type problem. Anyone else
    have trouble?

    Penny

  5. Penny said again:

    <snip active blue-c;oloured link thingies>

    It worked - I guess it's AOHell's problem. Don't worry about the "http://" stuff if it's just me
    that's suffering, though. I'm a big boy ;-)

    Steve

  6. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Stephen Baker" <saildesign@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
    > Penny said again:
    >
    > <snip active blue-c;oloured link thingies>
    >
    > It worked - I guess it's AOHell's problem. Don't worry about the
    "http://"
    > stuff if it's just me that's suffering, though. I'm a big boy ;-)

    Ooops. Disregard reply to P previously :)

    Well, except for HI Shirt Dude comment, B

  7. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Penny S." <pennydeletes@invalidcet.com> wrote in message news:vib4arpnk3v503@corp.supernews.com...
    > Stephen Baker scribbled :
    > > Penny says:
    > >
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > Penny - fer Krissakes make sure to get the links in. ;-)
    > >
    > > I'm gonna be cutting and pasting on the dialup all night....
    > >
    > > Steve "Thanks, though...."
    >
    > what is the problem? I tested all of them before I sent it... don't tell
    me
    > AOHell requires a "http etc" on them.. that's a software set up problem,
    not
    > a Penny-can't-type problem. Anyone else have trouble?

    Nope, they popped right up for me! (Maybe Steve meant some way to scroll thru using "Next/Back"
    rather than opening & closing windows each time?)

    Hawaiian Shirt Guy should be wearing SANDALS (or Vans at very least), Bill

  8. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Sorni scribbled :
    > "Penny S." <pennydeletes@invalidcet.com> wrote in message
    >> Stephen Baker scribbled :
    >>> Penny says:
    >>>
    >>> <snip>
    >>>
    >>> Penny - fer Krissakes make sure to get the links in. ;-)
    >>>
    >>> I'm gonna be cutting and pasting on the dialup all night....
    >>>
    >>> Steve "Thanks, though...."
    >>
    >> what is the problem? I tested all of them before I sent it... don't tell me AOHell requires a
    >> "http etc" on them.. that's a software set up problem, not a Penny-can't-type problem. Anyone
    >> else have trouble?
    >
    > Nope, they popped right up for me! (Maybe Steve meant some way to scroll thru using "Next/Back"
    > rather than opening & closing windows each time?)
    >
    > Hawaiian Shirt Guy should be wearing SANDALS (or Vans at very least), Bill

    he usually wears red converse hi-tops.

  9. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:09:36 -0700, "Penny S." <pennydeletes@invalidcet.com> wrote:

    >Stephen Baker scribbled :
    >> Penny says:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Penny - fer Krissakes make sure to get the links in. ;-)
    >>
    >> I'm gonna be cutting and pasting on the dialup all night....
    >>
    >> Steve "Thanks, though...."
    >
    >what is the problem? I tested all of them before I sent it... don't tell me AOHell requires a
    >"http etc" on them.. that's a software set up problem, not a Penny-can't-type problem. Anyone else
    >have trouble?
    >
    >Penny

    NOT AT ALL! Thanks for some killer shots....

  10. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Penny S." <pennydeletes@invalidcet.com> wrote in message news:vib0v5gsq8ttcb@corp.supernews.com...
    > I'm grouping these by event type.
    >
    > DH photos. Let's start with images of "alter boy" the crux drop on the pro-expert course:
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba8.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba9.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba13.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba14.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba1.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba22.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba23.jpg
    >
    > DH, other spots on the course. Think rocks, roots and dust.
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba21.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba12.jpg
    >

    > XC course, up in the woods: www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba3.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba6.jpg
    >
    > Short track: www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba2.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba15.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba16.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba24.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba17.jpg
    >

    > Mountain Cross www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba18.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba19.jpg
    >
    > Other fun stuff: www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba4.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba5.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba10.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba11.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba20.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba25.jpg (I know this guy)
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba7.jpg

    Awesome pix and write-up Penny!
    --
    Slacker

  11. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "Penny S." <pennydeletes@invalidcet.com> wrote in message
    > I'm grouping these by event type.

    Spectacular. Lots of great pics. Looked like fun, but very hot and dusty. And to think I half
    thought of going up there, too.

    Paladin

  12. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Paladin scribbled :
    > "Penny S." <pennydeletes@invalidcet.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm grouping these by event type.
    >
    > Spectacular. Lots of great pics. Looked like fun, but very hot and dusty. And to think I half
    > thought of going up there, too.
    >
    > Paladin

    The worst thing was looking at the lake, which has an awesome beach that puts anything in McCall to
    shame, and realizing it was a half hour drive down the mountain. By the time we were ready to go, we
    were just too tired. You shoulda showed up...

    Penny

  13. Jimbo(san)

    Jimbo(san) New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2003
  14. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Jimbo (san) scribbled :
    > Really cool pixs Penny!
    >
    > <http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba21.jpg> Is it me or did this section have 3
    > lines???
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Jimbo(san)

    my hubby took a whole bunch of shots there, and every single one shows riders taking the same line
    as pictured. IT forget which practice it was.

    Penny

  15. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    > Paladin scribbled :
    > > "Penny S." <pennydeletes@invalidcet.com> wrote in message
    > >> I'm grouping these by event type.
    > >
    > > Spectacular. Lots of great pics. Looked like fun, but very hot and dusty. And to think I half
    > > thought of going up there, too.
    > >
    > > Paladin
    >
    > The worst thing was looking at the lake, which has an awesome beach that puts anything in McCall
    > to shame, and realizing it was a half hour drive down the mountain. By the time we were ready to
    > go, we were just too tired. You shoulda showed up...
    >
    > Penny

    I need another road trip. (My right-brained side says: I need to stay home, work and make some
    money.) I'll be up to about 6 trips this summer by the time I leave for WA Thurs a.m. and then go
    camping in the Sawtooths the next weekend.

    But Farragut State Park with a lawn chair on the beach, shades, a big cool one and a book? My happy
    lab sleeping by my side. Does it get any better?

    Best time I had in high school was a 3 day weekend skiing that mtn with our end of the year ski team
    get-away. Love it.

    Paladin

  16. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Paladin scribbled :

    > I need another road trip. (My right-brained side says: I need to stay home, work and make some
    > money.) I'll be up to about 6 trips this summer by the time I leave for WA Thurs a.m. and then go
    > camping in the Sawtooths the next weekend.
    >
    > But Farragut State Park with a lawn chair on the beach, shades, a big cool one and a book? My
    > happy lab sleeping by my side. Does it get any better?

    the riding at Faragut is overrated and underwhelming. (IMO) With the exception of the Bernard Peak
    ride or so I have heard. I did meet a Sandpoint gals who wants to show me around up there...

    Craig and I are kidless after tomorrow noon until Sunday night: we are heading up into the NF
    clearwater area ( great burn) for some biking camping and exploring. Penny

    > Best time I had in high school was a 3 day weekend skiing that mtn with our end of the year ski
    > team get-away. Love it.
    >
    > Paladin

  17. Bloocow

    Bloocow Guest

    Great pics! Thanks for posting!

    bloocow

  18. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    > Paladin scribbled :
    > >
    > > I need another road trip. (My right-brained side says: I need to stay home, work and make some
    > > money.) I'll be up to about 6 trips this summer by the time I leave for WA Thurs a.m. and then
    > > go camping in the Sawtooths the next weekend.
    > >
    > > But Farragut State Park with a lawn chair on the beach, shades, a big cool one and a book? My
    > > happy lab sleeping by my side. Does it get any better?
    >
    > the riding at Faragut is overrated and underwhelming. (IMO) With the exception of the Bernard Peak
    > ride or so I have heard. I did meet a Sandpoint gals who wants to show me around up there...
    >
    > Craig and I are kidless after tomorrow noon until Sunday night: we are heading up into the NF
    > clearwater area ( great burn) for some biking camping and exploring. Penny
    >

    > > Best time I had in high school was a 3 day weekend skiing that mtn with our end of the year ski
    > > team get-away. Love it.
    > >
    > > Paladin

    I've never ridden around Farragut. But played a lot of beach and water volleyball. It was right
    there I saw my first mountain bike. I was walking down this steep trail, and here's this grinning
    doof riding *up* it on a mtnbike. Surprised me. The heavens opened, the angels sang, a bright light
    knocked me to the ground,

    and here I am today. A fervent evangelist.

    Party on, and enjoy the kidless days.

    Paladin