Oatmeal

Kakashi

Feb 3, 2018
IMG_20180524_114332_327.jpg
Oatmeal is a powerhouse that gives our body vitamins, minerals and antioxidant plant compounds. Half a cup of dried oats contains the following:
Manganese RDI 191
Phosphorus RDI 41
Magnesium RDI 34
Copper RDI 24
IRON RDI 20
ZINC RDI 20
Folate RDI 11
Vitamin B1 RDI 39
Vitamin B5 RDI 10

Oatmeal is also very filling and can cause you to lose weight and is effective in lowering blood sugar.

I agree that oatmeal is a healthy food that can give us energy that is free from fats. In fact, my mother who is bedridden is on oatmeal every day. But for me, I sometimes have oatmeal in the morning but I admit that my taste buds don't agree that's why my sustenance in the morning is either bread or fried rice. Those food also give me energy.

Oatmeal is a great substitute for meals. It can fill you nicely and prevent you from feeling hungry. I usually eat it during breakfast and whenever I feel like eating. Much better than binge eating fatty foods.

I agree that oatmeal is a healthy food that can give us energy that is free from fats. In fact, my mother who is bedridden is on oatmeal every day. But for me, I sometimes have oatmeal in the morning but I admit that my taste buds don't agree that's why my sustenance in the morning is either bread or fried rice. Those food also give me energy.

Actually, oatmeal can replace rice meals. It really depends on the person. It's not easy switching to other meals when you're used to eating rice. Have you tried flavored oatmeal? My favorite is Quaker Oats Chocolate flavor.

I've been eating oatmeal for dinner for quite a while now and it really helped me lose a lot of weight and now I'm at a normal BMI all with just doing my regular exercise routine and just eating my regular breakfast and lunch.

I eat non instant oatmeal, which is a lot better than the instant packaged ****, every other breakfast, than I eat eggs every other breakfast, or if I'm going on a long bike ride I'll eat eggs because eggs sustains energy longer than oatmeal. I also eat grapefruit at every breakfast as well along with a 16 ounce glass of plain water, and 4 ounces of espresso. I thought about doing a small bowl of Oatmeal with a smaller portion of eggs but the prep time is too long for my taste to spend a morning doing all of that.

Look, I'm not a dietitian, it's just what I do with no science behind it! LOL!!!

I agree. I witnessed my mom lose weight eating only oatmeal and pineapple juice.
She suffered from mild stroke and put in a diet. She definitely lose a huge amount of weight.
Riders should consider this one to help them lose more weight, and achieve whatever they want to achieve.
Being physically fit is a must to continue cycling.

I agree. I witnessed my mom lose weight eating only oatmeal and pineapple juice.
She suffered from mild stroke and put in a diet. She definitely lose a huge amount of weight.
Riders should consider this one to help them lose more weight, and achieve whatever they want to achieve.

Are you saying that for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all she eats is oatmeal and pineapple juice? or is that for breakfast only? My wife has been eating oatmeal almost her entire life and doing so hasn't helped her in the least bit in the weight department.

What's good about oatmeal is that it's cheap, healthy, filling and very easy to prepare. It's also a good diet food, what I do sometimes is to substitute a cup of oatmeal for one of my meals, doing this regularly would lead to weight-loss.

I've been eating oatmeal for dinner for quite a while now and it really helped me lose a lot of weight and now I'm at a normal BMI all with just doing my regular exercise routine and just eating my regular breakfast and lunch.

That's nice to hear. I've also lost some weight by substituting oatmeal for other stuff. It's a great alternative to most diets.

That's great! I'm glad many of us have had success in using oatmeal to achieve a healthier lifestyle. I'm sure more will discover the benefits of eating it.

I eat non instant oatmeal, which is a lot better than the instant packaged ****, every other breakfast, than I eat eggs every other breakfast, or if I'm going on a long bike ride I'll eat eggs because eggs sustains energy longer than oatmeal. I also eat grapefruit at every breakfast as well along with a 16 ounce glass of plain water, and 4 ounces of espresso. I thought about doing a small bowl of Oatmeal with a smaller portion of eggs but the prep time is too long for my taste to spend a morning doing all of that.

Look, I'm not a dietitian, it's just what I do with no science behind it! LOL!!!
Yeah, I don't think people realize the whole world of difference between instant oatmeal and non-instant oats. Oatmeal gets a bad rep because of the instant unflavored oatmeal which is what they associate it with, but it can be so much better if you prepare an actual oatmeal recipe.

Reactions: Steve5
Are you saying that for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all she eats is oatmeal and pineapple juice? or is that for breakfast only? My wife has been eating oatmeal almost her entire life and doing so hasn't helped her in the least bit in the weight department.
Yes sir. The doctor puts her on a diet. She used to only take oat meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
It happened way back 1997, I remember my dad putting small amount of sugar or milk. I am not sure if oatmeal already has flavors before, but I remember my dad used to put small amounts of sugar.
Yes my mother suffered from it, but she gets better. She is used in eating fatty foods and soda's before.
Another thing that makes it worst, is that she loves "chocnut". After dinner, she will have them as dessert.
You think it will be that easy for someone to change her way of eating? It's not. She suffered, my dad suffered. But because she is determined to get better, she did.

Yeah, I don't think people realize the whole world of difference between instant oatmeal and non-instant oats. Oatmeal gets a bad rep because of the instant unflavored oatmeal which is what they associate it with, but it can be so much better if you prepare an actual oatmeal recipe.

That's so true. I like having mine with lots of fresh fruit like blueberries and bananas. I also use fresh milk. People need to be more creative with it.

Yes sir. The doctor puts her on a diet. She used to only take oat meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
It happened way back 1997, I remember my dad putting small amount of sugar or milk. I am not sure if oatmeal already has flavors before, but I remember my dad used to put small amounts of sugar.
Yes my mother suffered from it, but she gets better. She is used in eating fatty foods and soda's before.
Another thing that makes it worst, is that she loves "chocnut". After dinner, she will have them as dessert.
You think it will be that easy for someone to change her way of eating? It's not. She suffered, my dad suffered. But because she is determined to get better, she did.

That's inspiring. I'm sure it's not easy to change one's eating habits. But with enough determination, you can win the battle. Let's keep improving our health with healthy choices.

I love to eat the whole rolled oats kind because it's more nutritious and it really tastes better than the instant semi powdered type looking ones. Most of our oatmeal's here in the Philippines comes from Australia and it's quite affordable, I also like to make cookies out of them.

I’m a big fan of oats and muesli, which makes me sad to say that I haven’t been able to eat them recently. As healthy and as tasty oats, oatmeal, and muesli can be, they’re really high in carbohydrates. Since I’ve been trying to do a keto diet, I’ve had to cut my daily carb intake to under 20g. Unfortunately, just 100g of oats has something like 65g of carbohydrates, so it’s obviously not exactly a keto friendly food.

Oatmeal used to be a regular part of my morning diet and always kept me feeling full well into the afternoon.

That's so true. I like having mine with lots of fresh fruit like blueberries and bananas. I also use fresh milk. People need to be more creative with it.
Bananas are also my favorite addition to oats, and I occasionally add some crushed dark chocolate with fresh milk, it's such a simple breakfast to prepare but it's so good and nutritious.

Oatmeal is a great substitute for meals. It can fill you nicely and prevent you from feeling hungry. I usually eat it during breakfast and whenever I feel like eating. Much better than binge eating fatty foods.
I like to substitute regular wheat flour for oatmeal flour, and use it for pancakes, cupcakes, and biscuits, it gives them a different flavor and keeps me less hungry during the day. Also, instead of using regular milk, I like to make oatmeal milk and make smoothies, you can add some cinnamon and honey, add some fruit and it is just delicious.

I like to substitute regular wheat flour for oatmeal flour, and use it for pancakes, cupcakes, and biscuits, it gives them a different flavor and keeps me less hungry during the day. Also, instead of using regular milk, I like to make oatmeal milk and make smoothies, you can add some cinnamon and honey, add some fruit and it is just delicious.

That sounds delicious. I've also enjoyed oatmeal milk due to its distinct taste. It has a soft yet nice taste whenever I drink it. Though, I'm satisfied with my usual servings of milk and oatmeal. I like to keep it simple. :)