On This Day....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by cfsmtb, Oct 9, 2005.

  1. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    A moment of silence and reflection please.

    October 10 1899 – One of the United States' leading black inventors, IR Johnson, receives a patent for the bicycle frame.

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    shouldnt that be 'IP' Johnson? :rolleyes:

    Flying "punny man" Dutch

  3. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963

    Hightale & Surefoot are noice too. BTW, where were you Friday? Had roughly a bakers dozen rock up at Goat.

  4. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    knackered! After a week of chalking, flyering, and working 12+hour days i wa s shot...

  5. Ray Peace

    Ray Peace Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > A moment of silence and reflection please.
    >
    > October 10 1899 – One of the United States' leading black inventors, IR
    > Johnson, receives a patent for the bicycle frame.

    Greetings,
    Nice, but didn't James Starley patent the modern `safety' bicycle in
    England in 1885?
    Regards,
    Ray.

  6. Euan

    Euan Guest

    flyingdutch> cfsmtb Wrote:
    >> Hightale & Surefoot are noice too. BTW, where were you Friday?
    >> Had roughly a bakers dozen rock up at Goat.

    flyingdutch> knackered! After a week of chalking, flyering, and
    flyingdutch> working 12+hour days i wa s shot...

    I was certainly shot after Goatage. Vague memories of the special train
    for the cricket and hazy memories of a wet and sodden Westall Road
    Extension.

    Bad Euan, naughty. But I got home in one piece :)
    --
    Cheers | ~~ __@

Share This Page