Opinions on a 2006 Felt F75

mindoftw

Jul 17, 2012
Hi All,

As of right now im looking at purchasing a road bike and i am also looking for an entry level bike. I am looking for something that would be a decent "first" bike and than as i progress consider upgrading in the future.

I have been surfing around looking at new/used bikes and came up with an ad for a 2006 Felt F75 for 600 bucks. This seems like a pretty good deal but then again i am no bike expert and not to sure how much the value of the bike would have depreciated in the 6 years this bike has been on the road.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/bik/3144039247.html

Here is the link for the description of the bike and what it has and i was wondering if anyone could weigh in their opinion and help me out a bit. I have also been eyeing out a 2011 Felt z85 leftover at a local bike shop for a 1000, which also comes with a fitting(but you must have clipless pedals for a fitting) and a 1 year free bike service. I would be saving some money buying the older bike but i also feel like going with the 2011 would also be a smarter choice.

LMK what you guys think, and thanks in advanced.

Aluminum-framed Felt Fs are very cool bikes. If everything works on the F75, I wouldn't hesitate to offer $475, and maybe end up splitting the difference at $550. But $600 for a six-year-old aluminum 105 bike (OK, it has some Ultegra but not where it really counts) is a little steep.

I like the seller. He's presented the bike very nicely and it looks well maintained.