OT: Fast bike...

sittingduck <[email protected]> wrote in
message [email protected]
> http://www.dodge.com/tomahawk/flash.html

Feh. It's big but not new. Twenty years ago a bloke by the
name of Lucky Kaiser here in Oz cut off the end two
cyclinders from a Rolls-Royce Merlin aircraft engine and
built a 5-litre V-twin around them. The clutch plate was so
heavy he had to use compressed air to move it (for some
bizarre reason people assumed the bottles were for nitro -
on a 5-litre motorcycle?). I first saw it - in a manner of
speaking - at the Sydney motorcycle show in 1985 (I think).
It still had a fair bit of development work to go and when
he took it outside and fired it up the front two rows of the
crowd simply disappeared in blue smoke. I hope I still have
that photo somewhere. Three years later he brought it to
camping grounds of the 1988 Bicentennial Rally in Canberra
and he took people for drags on it. I have no idea of its
fate but I heard his next project was a bike that went
around corners.

--

A: Top-posters.
B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

>>http://www.dodge.com/tomahawk/flash.html
>
> Feh. It's big but not new.

You can say that twice. I saw a fellow named E.J. Potter at
Irwindale Drag Raceway in California on a 327-cubic-inch V-8
Chevrolet-powered motorcycle forty years ago. Lots of smoke,
lots of noise, and well over 100mph in the standing-start
quarter-mile on the crappy tires of that era.

"LioNiNoiL_a t_NetscapE_D 0 T_NeT" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:LV5dc.6002$Vo.2436@fed1read03...
> >>http://www.dodge.com/tomahawk/flash.html
> >
> > Feh. It's big but not new.
>
> You can say that twice. I saw a fellow named E.J. Potter
> at Irwindale Drag Raceway in California on a 327-cubic-
> inch V-8 Chevrolet-powered motorcycle forty years ago.
> Lots of smoke, lots of noise, and well over 100mph in
> the standing-start quarter-mile on the crappy tires of
> that era.

slow too eh? When relatively practical bikes that will go
round corners can do that sort of thing, it does seem even
more pointless
http://www.syclone.freeserve.co.uk/rivals_motos.htm