OT: Fast bike...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Sittingduck, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Jeffbonny

    Jeffbonny Guest

  2. Q.

    Q. Guest

  3. Drs

    Drs Guest

    sittingduck <email.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in
    message Xns94C3EE13DF071duckrulestheuniverse@140.99.99.130
    > http://www.dodge.com/tomahawk/flash.html

    Feh. It's big but not new. Twenty years ago a bloke by the
    name of Lucky Kaiser here in Oz cut off the end two
    cyclinders from a Rolls-Royce Merlin aircraft engine and
    built a 5-litre V-twin around them. The clutch plate was so
    heavy he had to use compressed air to move it (for some
    bizarre reason people assumed the bottles were for nitro -
    on a 5-litre motorcycle?). I first saw it - in a manner of
    speaking - at the Sydney motorcycle show in 1985 (I think).
    It still had a fair bit of development work to go and when
    he took it outside and fired it up the front two rows of the
    crowd simply disappeared in blue smoke. I hope I still have
    that photo somewhere. Three years later he brought it to
    camping grounds of the 1988 Bicentennial Rally in Canberra
    and he took people for drags on it. I have no idea of its
    fate but I heard his next project was a bike that went
    around corners.

    --

    A: Top-posters.
    B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  4. >>http://www.dodge.com/tomahawk/flash.html

    > Feh. It's big but not new.

    You can say that twice. I saw a fellow named E.J. Potter at
    Irwindale Drag Raceway in California on a 327-cubic-inch V-8
    Chevrolet-powered motorcycle forty years ago. Lots of smoke,
    lots of noise, and well over 100mph in the standing-start
    quarter-mile on the crappy tires of that era.

  5. W K

    W K Guest

    "LioNiNoiL_a t_NetscapE_D 0 T_NeT" <accountname.above@netscape.net> wrote in
    message news:LV5dc.6002$Vo.2436@fed1read03...
    > >>http://www.dodge.com/tomahawk/flash.html
    > >
    > > Feh. It's big but not new.
    >
    > You can say that twice. I saw a fellow named E.J. Potter
    > at Irwindale Drag Raceway in California on a 327-cubic-
    > inch V-8 Chevrolet-powered motorcycle forty years ago.
    > Lots of smoke, lots of noise, and well over 100mph in
    > the standing-start quarter-mile on the crappy tires of
    > that era.

    slow too eh? When relatively practical bikes that will go
    round corners can do that sort of thing, it does seem even
    more pointless
    http://www.syclone.freeserve.co.uk/rivals_motos.htm

  6. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

  7. Sittingduck

    Sittingduck Guest

    Rick Onanian <spamsink@cox.net> wrote:

    >>http://www.dodge.com/tomahawk/flash.html
    >
    > The music sounds kinda like Rammstein.

    Yeah, Rammstein with a bit more electronic manipulation. I
    saw Rammstein a few years ago, it was an AWESOME show.

Share This Page