[OT] To the Nyawkers here

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Michelle, Sep 14, 2007.

  1. Michelle

    Michelle Guest

    I am a New Yorker
    I do not live in the five boroughs or on the Island or Upstate
    I may live hundreds or thousands of miles away
    Or I may live just over the GW Bridge
    But I am a New Yorker

    I am a New Yorker
    Whatever took me out of New York:
    Business, family or hating the cold did not take New York out of me.
    My accent may have faded and my pace may have slowed
    But I am a New Yorker

    I am a New Yorker
    I was raised on Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and Rockefeller Plaza,
    The Yankees or the Mets (Giants or Dodgers)
    Jones Beach, Rye Beach, Rockaway Beach or one of the beaches on the sound
    I know that "THE END" means Montauk.
    Because I am a New Yorker

    I am a New Yorker
    When I go on vacation, I never look up
    Skyscrapers are something I take for granted
    The Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty are part of me
    Taxis and noise and subways and "get outa heah" don't rattle me
    Because I am a New Yorker

    I am a New Yorker
    I was raised on cultural diversity before it was politically correct
    I eat Greek food and Italian food, Jewish and Middle Eastern food and
    Chinese food
    Because they are all American food to me.
    I don't get mad when people speak other languages in my presence
    Because my relatives got to this country via Ellis Island and chose to
    stay
    They were New Yorkers

    People who have never been to New York have misunderstood me
    My friends and family work in the industries, professions and businesses
    that benefit all Americans
    My firefighters died trying to save New Yorkers and non-New Yorkers
    They died trying to save Americans and non-Americans
    Because they were New Yorkers.

    I am a New Yorker
    I feel the pain of my fellow New Yorkers
    I mourn the loss of my beautiful city
    I feel and dread that New York will never be the same
    But then I remember:
    I am a New Yorker

    And New Yorkers have:
    Tenacity, strength and courage way above the norm
    Compassion and caring for our fellow citizens
    Love and pride in our city, in our state, in our country
    Intelligence, experience and education par excellence
    Ability, dedication and energy above and beyond
    Faith--no matter what religion we practice
    Terrorists hit America in its heart
    But America's heart still beats strong
    Demolish the steel in our buildings, but it doesn't touch the steel in
    our souls
    Hit us in the pocketbook; but we'll parlay what we have left into a
    fortune
    End innocent lives leaving widows and orphans, but we'll take care of
    them Because they are New Yorkers

    Wherever we live, whatever we do, whoever we are
    There are New Yorkers in every state and every city of this nation
    We will not abandon our city
    We will not abandon our brothers and sisters
    We will not abandon the beauty, creativity and diversity that New York
    represents
    Because we are New Yorkers
    And we are proud to be New Yorkers

    --
    Crossing the starting line is 90%.
    Crossing the finish line is the other 90%.

    Tags:

    NY'ers suck cocks.