Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch - bike fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thomas

Hey all,

Finally got my bike repaired and so I'm now back in action. Wooyay!

Anyways... had to cycle back from the repair place in Clerkenwell to Shepherd's Bush. First mile was
OK, but oh my God what is this pain I now have for every pedal after that? It's only been a week and
a half since I stopped, and yet this was *Seriously* hard work.

Admittedly, I'd only been cycling to work for a couple of months before buggering up one of the
crankarms, but is this typical?

I've now started increasing my cadence by attempting to keep at the same speed in a lower gear,
which I'm hoping shall help increase my fitness... although the surprisingly thing is that I've only
noticed my waistline shrink *after* the cycling break, not during...

Cheers, Thomas.

"Thomas" <tom [at] greysheep [dot] co [dot] uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey all,
>
> Finally got my bike repaired and so I'm now back in action. Wooyay!
>
> Anyways... had to cycle back from the repair place in Clerkenwell to Shepherd's Bush. First mile
> was OK, but oh my God what is this pain I now have for every pedal after that? It's only been a
> week and a half since I stopped, and yet this was *Seriously* hard work.
>
> Admittedly, I'd only been cycling to work for a couple of months before buggering up one of the
> crankarms, but is this typical?
>
> I've now started increasing my cadence by attempting to keep at the same speed in a lower gear,
> which I'm hoping shall help increase my fitness... although the surprisingly thing is that I've
> only noticed my waistline shrink *after* the cycling break, not during...

If you get the miles in you will get much fitter. I am riding about 5000 miles a year, mainly
commuting and it is quite easy now. Main thing is, get enough food and rest and make sure your seat
is not too low and your frame is the right size. Fit smooth tyres pumped up hard. If you are feeling
serious pain, then slow down a bit, or get a check up at doctors.

--
Simon Mason Anlaby East Yorkshire. 53°44'N 0°26'W http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Status
Not open for further replies.