Phobile Moans from a Lakeland MRT

In article <[email protected]>, Tony Buckley
<[email protected]> writes
>Fran wrote
>> [email protected] said...
>> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/4211857.stm,

>> Absolutely flippin' barking; totally hatstand. Honestly, the world's

>getting more bizarre
>> every day.

>This is completely off topic and probably not one for the squeamish, or for
>those of us with a y chromosome. However, Fran's comments and the
>'Merseyside' link above reminded me of it. All I'm going to say is,
>ouch!...
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1388123,00.html
>
>T.

I think Amanda could do with being slightly less rough with her foreplay
:-(

--

Dominic Sexton

In message <[email protected]>, Fran
<[email protected]> writes
>[email protected] said...
>> Like wasting police time? Or more so as they get paid. (and get free food
>> and coffee.... -
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/4211857.stm, though i
>> must say this sounds extreme?
>>

>Absolutely flippin' barking; totally hatstand. Why shouldn't
>the people who help us when we're in trouble be allowed to
>accept a cuppa? Honestly, the world's getting more bizarre
>every day.

I can't agree with you.
We are not talking about the spontaneous giving out of a cup of tea to a
chap in need. We are talking about the expectation that police officers
can stop at particular retail outlets and receive free refreshment as a
matter of right. I have two examples of this:

1). Breaking down on one occasion I went to phone for the AA from the
nearest filling station. It was late at night and the person on duty in
the filling station got me a drink from their drink machine. I tendered
the appropriate money, but this was refused. "I've taken it from the
Police fund: the management set us a sum aside for giving the Police
drinks".

2). The son of a close friend when serving in a well-known fast food
outlet had two police officers as customers. He told them the price and
received the reply, "We're Police Officers". "So I see" he said, and
repeated the price. "I don't think you understand. We're police". He
stuck to his guns and charged them, but he didn't stay in the job long.

Sorry, it ain't acceptable. No one is going to bother about a
spontaneous cuppa. Planned ****-greasing is a different matter. It
isn't done out of charity: it is done to be, err.. quids in with the
coppers and bobbies.

--
Michael Farthing
Aardvark Ltd

[email protected] said...
> This is completely off topic and probably not one for the squeamish, or for
> those of us with a y chromosome. However, Fran's comments and the
> 'Merseyside' link above reminded me of it. All I'm going to say is,
> ouch!...
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1388123,00.html

OWW OWW OWW! I can't even imagine how that could be done -
but don't fret folks, I've no immediate ambition to find
out... yet...
--
If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs...
then you've failed to grasp some important aspect of the

[email protected] said...
> Why shouldn't
> >the people who help us when we're in trouble be allowed to
> >accept a cuppa? Honestly, the world's getting more bizarre
> >every day.

> I can't agree with you.
> We are not talking about the spontaneous giving out of a cup of tea to a
> chap in need. We are talking about the expectation that police officers
> can stop at particular retail outlets and receive free refreshment as a
> matter of right. I have two examples of this:

OK, in the two examples you've given I agree with you; however
that wasn't how I read the original article. A bit later on
when I've got more time I'll go back and read it again to see
if I still read it the same way as I did before.
--
If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs...
then you've failed to grasp some important aspect of the
situation.

> Is there a consensus of opinion in the MRT community of whether "going
> pro"
> would be a good thing or a bad thing?

My own personal opinion is bad thing, we're volunteers who do it as a
*hobby*. I get great satisfaction after a job which has been a good un. I go
back to work and feel better, obviously 30 mins later its back to I'm gonna
kill my boss.

But i think that's why the MR community is so good and friendly, we all do
it for the same reasons.

Dave

Ysgrifennodd "Tony Buckley" <[email protected]> mewn neges
newyddion:[email protected]...
> Fran wrote
>> [email protected] said...
>> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/4211857.stm,

>> Absolutely flippin' barking; totally hatstand. Honestly, the world's

> getting more bizarre
>> every day.

> This is completely off topic and probably not one for the squeamish, or
> for
> those of us with a y chromosome. However, Fran's comments and the
> 'Merseyside' link above reminded me of it. All I'm going to say is,
> ouch!...
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1388123,00.html
>
> T.

I quote "with her hands"
<gulp>

T. Dave R.

Fran <[email protected]> writes
>[email protected] said...
>> This is completely off topic and probably not one for the squeamish, or for
>> those of us with a y chromosome. However, Fran's comments and the
>> 'Merseyside' link above reminded me of it. All I'm going to say is,
>> ouch!...
>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1388123,00.html
>>

>OWW OWW OWW! I can't even imagine how that could be done -
>but don't fret folks, I've no immediate ambition to find
>out... yet...

Did nobody watch the fascinating series on Channel 4, "Anatomy for
Beginners", which finished on Thursday?
It showed an autopsy in several episodes, Skin and Muscle, Circulation,
Digestive System, and finally: The Reproduction System.

OK, so it was only a corpse, but when you see the surgeon slicing
through testicle and penis it does rather tighten one's sphincter.
:-(
--
Gordon Harris

Michael Farthing <[email protected]> writes

>I can't agree with you.
>We are not talking about the spontaneous giving out of a cup of tea to
>a chap in need. We are talking about the expectation that police
>officers can stop at particular retail outlets and receive free
>refreshment as a matter of right. I have two examples of this:

Nowt wrong with them getting a hot drink on a freezing night, and it can
be worth it for the police presence at late night tea wagons.

However......
A co-worker who ran a pub for a few years said that several evenings a
week he would get a couple of burly coppers (they were all burly at one
time) who walked in just before closing and asked "Everything all right
Landlord"?
It looked as though they were merely doing their job, but they would
lean on the bar eyeballing the customers until he slipped them a couple
of packets of cigs, whereupon they would disappear.
--
Gordon Harris

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:35:58 +0000, Gordon Harris
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Michael Farthing <[email protected]> writes
>>
>>I can't agree with you.
>>We are not talking about the spontaneous giving out of a cup of tea to
>>a chap in need. We are talking about the expectation that police
>>officers can stop at particular retail outlets and receive free
>>refreshment as a matter of right. I have two examples of this:
>>

>Nowt wrong with them getting a hot drink on a freezing night, and it can
>be worth it for the police presence at late night tea wagons.

I often go in the service station in question in the middle of the
night after I've been out looking for badgers etc.
It's almost deserted, apart from a few police who regularly go in at
that time, and reassuring for anyone who wants to get cash etc. Plus,
they get the occasional ar*eholes returning from the club down the
road, and the police presence puts them off. I don't see the problem -
I'd give them a free cup of tea if I worked there.

Rooney <[email protected]> writes

>I often go in the service station in question in the middle of the
>night after I've been out looking for badgers etc.
>It's almost deserted, apart from a few police who regularly go in at
>that time, and reassuring for anyone who wants to get cash etc. Plus,
>they get the occasional ar*eholes returning from the club down the
>road, and the police presence puts them off. I don't see the problem -
>I'd give them a free cup of tea if I worked there.

Looking for badgers? Do you ever meet up with Harry Hill?
;-)
--
Gordon Harris

[email protected] said...
> Rooney wrote
>
> > I've been out looking for badgers

> There are some here.
>
> www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
>
> Be warned though, the song takes up residence in your head and won't leave.

You can go off people you know. I had hoped that I would
never be reminded of that /ever/ again. Aaarghhh!
--
If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs...
then you've failed to grasp some important aspect of the
situation.

Fran wrote

> You can go off people you know. I had hoped that I would
> never be reminded of that /ever/ again. Aaarghhh!

I'm rather fond of it. There's a lot of wilful and persistent oddness on
that site, which you've got to admire. www.footballbadgers.com is good too,
though I'd guess you won't be looking Fran, just as I recommend not looking
at the last day on the advent calendar you'll find elsewhere on the site.

T.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:31:27 GMT, "Tony Buckley"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Rooney wrote
>
>> I've been out looking for badgers

>There are some here.
>
>www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
>
>Be warned though, the song takes up residence in your head and won't leave.
>
>T.

Ha ha! Weird!

Tony Buckley <[email protected]> writes
>Fran wrote
>
>> You can go off people you know. I had hoped that I would
>> never be reminded of that /ever/ again. Aaarghhh!

>I'm rather fond of it. There's a lot of wilful and persistent oddness on
>that site, which you've got to admire. www.footballbadgers.com is good too,
>though I'd guess you won't be looking Fran, just as I recommend not looking
>at the last day on the advent calendar you'll find elsewhere on the site.

Try:

http://users.pandora.be/stefdirrix/flash/queen.htm
--
Gordon Harris

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:53:06 +0000, Gordon Harris
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Try:
>
>http://users.pandora.be/stefdirrix/flash/queen.htm
>--

I'm not sure I approve of that! (And don't get me started on whether
a Brian May + Roger Taylor tour is entitled to call itself "Queen". I
get enough of that in amq!)

Judith

--------------------------------
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone
A man who learned how to teach
Then forgot how to learn.

B. May. White Man.

---------------------------------
PS Not sure why those lyrics came to mind. I must be in a miserable
mood!

[email protected] said...
> Fran wrote
>
> > You can go off people you know. I had hoped that I would
> > never be reminded of that /ever/ again. Aaarghhh!

> I'm rather fond of it. There's a lot of wilful and persistent oddness on
> that site, which you've got to admire. www.footballbadgers.com is good too,
> though I'd guess you won't be looking Fran, just as I recommend not looking
> at the last day on the advent calendar you'll find elsewhere on the site.

Oddness I can cope with, which is probably why I keep finding
myself drawn back to http://www.rathergood.com The problem
with the badgers is that after the first half hour or so they
start to pall.
--
If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs...
then you've failed to grasp some important aspect of the
situation.

[email protected] said...
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:53:06 +0000, Gordon Harris
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Try:
> >
> >http://users.pandora.be/stefdirrix/flash/queen.htm
> >--

> I'm not sure I approve of that! (And don't get me started on whether
> a Brian May + Roger Taylor tour is entitled to call itself "Queen". I
> get enough of that in amq!)

They're not. But that's just my opinion.

--

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:31:46 -0000, Fran <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >Try:
>> >
>> >http://users.pandora.be/stefdirrix/flash/queen.htm
>> >--

>> I'm not sure I approve of that! (And don't get me started on whether
>> a Brian May + Roger Taylor tour is entitled to call itself "Queen". I
>> get enough of that in amq!)
>>

>They're not. But that's just my opinion.

I dare you to repost that in alt.music.queen. On second thoughts,
life is too short for petty flame wars. (We could always have one
here if we really wanted one!)

Judith