Phobile Moans from a Lakeland MRT

In article <[email protected]>, Judith
<[email protected]> writes
>We could always have one
>here if we really wanted one!

No you can't (sorry for the c word Bill). Don't be ridiculous, this is
NOT, I REPEAT NOT the place for "petty flame wars" - get it?

How's that for a start? ;-)

--

Dominic Sexton

Fran wrote

> The problem
> with the badgers is that after the first half hour or so they
> start to pall.

Ah, you have used the badgers unwisely! You need to start small, a couple
of minutes here and there, before exposing yourself to large amounts of
badgers. Otherwise you may suffer a badger overdose, which can lead to
inappropriate ennui requiring post-modern therapy.

Me, I'm up to between five and seven minutes of assorted badgers at the
moment. I don't think my system can handle more, as the after effects take
some time to wear off.

TonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyWalkingWalking!
TonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyWalkingWalking!
TonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyWalkingWalking!
TonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyWalkingWalking!
Crag! It's a crag! Oh, it's a crag! It's a...

In article <[email protected]>, Dominic Sexton
<{d-sep03}@dscs.demon.co.uk> writes
>In article <[email protected]>, Judith
><[email protected]> writes
>>We could always have one
>>here if we really wanted one!

>No you can't (sorry for the c word Bill). Don't be ridiculous, this is
>NOT, I REPEAT NOT the place for "petty flame wars" - get it?
>
>How's that for a start? ;-)

Sorry Dominic I don't recall my involvement in this topic - so where do
I come in (On a different branch maybe?) :)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

In article <[email protected]>, W. D. Grey
<[email protected]> writes
>In article <[email protected]>, Dominic Sexton
><{d-sep03}@dscs.demon.co.uk> writes
>>In article <[email protected]>, Judith
>><[email protected]> writes
>>>We could always have one
>>>here if we really wanted one!

>>No you can't (sorry for the c word Bill). Don't be ridiculous, this is
>>NOT, I REPEAT NOT the place for "petty flame wars" - get it?
>>
>>How's that for a start? ;-)
>>

>Sorry Dominic

Me too. I'm not doing very well at starting a flame-fest for Judith :-(

>I don't recall my involvement in this topic - so where do I come in (On
>a different branch maybe?) :)

It was a reference to your jovial criticism of Rooney's 'can't' in
another thread - the Brecons perhaps.

Just looked:

Subject: Re: Brecons Late Feb / Early March
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:00:52 +0000
"BTW there is no such word as can't :) Be positive."

--

Dominic Sexton

[email protected] said...
> (And don't get me started on whether
> >> a Brian May + Roger Taylor tour is entitled to call itself "Queen". I
> >> get enough of that in amq!)
> >>

> >They're not. But that's just my opinion.

> I dare you to repost that in alt.music.queen. On second thoughts,
> life is too short for petty flame wars. (We could always have one
> here if we really wanted one!)

No thanks, if it's all the same to you. In fact, having
thought about it, yes, they probably are entitled to call
themselves Queen if they want, since various other groups have
retained the name even when none of the original lineup is
present. Are they putting out new stuff though, or just
rehashing the stuff from the Mercury days?
--
If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs...
then you've failed to grasp some important aspect of the

[email protected] said...
> Fran wrote
>
> > The problem
> > with the badgers is that after the first half hour or so they
> > start to pall.

> Ah, you have used the badgers unwisely! You need to start small, a couple
> of minutes here and there, before exposing yourself to large amounts of
> badgers. Otherwise you may suffer a badger overdose, which can lead to
> inappropriate ennui requiring post-modern therapy.
>
> Me, I'm up to between five and seven minutes of assorted badgers at the
> moment. I don't think my system can handle more, as the after effects take
> some time to wear off.
>
> TonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyWalkingWalking!
> TonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyWalkingWalking!
> TonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyWalkingWalking!
> TonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyTonyWalkingWalking!
> Crag! It's a crag! Oh, it's a crag! It's a...

I'll have some of whatever Tony's having please.

--
If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs...
then you've failed to grasp some important aspect of the
situation.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:36:33 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>No you can't (sorry for the c word Bill). Don't be ridiculous, this is
>>NOT, I REPEAT NOT the place for "petty flame wars" - get it?
>>
>>How's that for a start? ;-)
>>

>Sorry Dominic I don't recall my involvement in this topic - so where do
>I come in (On a different branch maybe?) :)

Oi Grey! Clear off! This is *my* flame war!

Judith

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:51:47 -0000, Fran <[email protected]> wrote:

<Snip stuff about Queen members touring>

> Are they putting out new stuff though, or just
>rehashing the stuff from the Mercury days?

I don't know. They're touring with Paul Rodgers who was, apparently,
the singer from Free and Bad Company (I think?) so I should imagine
they'll do a mix of Queen, Rodgers and other.

I decided not to get tickets. I saw Queen in 1986 and I went to the
Freddie Mercury tribute concert at Wembley in 1992. I've seen Roger
Taylor on tour and Brian May on tour. They were both very good but
(and perhaps this is just me showing my age) I've just got no appetite
anymore for old men harking after the good old days!

Judith

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:27:11 +0000, Judith
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:36:33 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>>No you can't (sorry for the c word Bill). Don't be ridiculous, this is
>>>NOT, I REPEAT NOT the place for "petty flame wars" - get it?
>>>
>>>How's that for a start? ;-)
>>>

>>Sorry Dominic I don't recall my involvement in this topic - so where do
>>I come in (On a different branch maybe?) :)

>Oi Grey! Clear off! This is *my* flame war!
>
>Judith

You couldn't carry on a flame war if your life depended on it, you
wrong-side-of-the-river person!

Fran <[email protected]> writes

>Oddness I can cope with, which is probably why I keep finding
>myself drawn back to http://www.rathergood.com The problem
>with the badgers is that after the first half hour or so they
>start to pall.

Yes, but after another hour or so you get your second wind....
--
Gordon Harris

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:37:55 +0000, Rooney <[email protected]> wrote:

>>Oi Grey! Clear off! This is *my* flame war!
>>
>>Judith

>You couldn't carry on a flame war if your life depended on it, you
>wrong-side-of-the-river person!

Whose leccy did you pinch to post that?

Judith

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:42:28 +0000, Judith
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:37:55 +0000, Rooney <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>>Oi Grey! Clear off! This is *my* flame war!
>>>
>>>Judith

>>You couldn't carry on a flame war if your life depended on it, you
>>wrong-side-of-the-river person!

>Whose leccy did you pinch to post that?
>
>Judith

How can you pinch leccy when it's free?

In article <[email protected]>, Judith
<[email protected]> writes
>On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:36:33 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>>No you can't (sorry for the c word Bill). Don't be ridiculous, this is
>>>NOT, I REPEAT NOT the place for "petty flame wars" - get it?
>>>
>>>How's that for a start? ;-)
>>>

>>Sorry Dominic I don't recall my involvement in this topic - so where do
>>I come in (On a different branch maybe?) :)

>Oi Grey! Clear off! This is *my* flame war!
>
>Judith

I'll bow out in that case - please continue.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

In article <[email protected]>, Judith
<[email protected]> writes
>I decided not to get tickets. I saw Queen in 1986 and I went to the
>Freddie Mercury tribute concert at Wembley in 1992. I've seen Roger
>Taylor on tour and Brian May on tour. They were both very good but
>(and perhaps this is just me showing my age) I've just got no appetite
>anymore for old men harking after the good old days!

Show your age ?? SHOW YOUR AGE?????

Blimey - I used to rave over Kid Ory !!!!

"Blues for Jimmy Noon" - magic.

--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 23:21:51 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>Oi Grey! Clear off! This is *my* flame war!
>>
>>Judith

>I'll bow out in that case - please continue.

Ta very much.

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:27:21 +0000, Judith
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Ta very much.

You haven't got the hang of flame wars, have you?

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 23:24:36 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Judith
><[email protected]> writes
>>I decided not to get tickets. I saw Queen in 1986 and I went to the
>>Freddie Mercury tribute concert at Wembley in 1992. I've seen Roger
>>Taylor on tour and Brian May on tour. They were both very good but
>>(and perhaps this is just me showing my age) I've just got no appetite
>>anymore for old men harking after the good old days!

>Show your age ?? SHOW YOUR AGE?????
>
>Blimey - I used to rave over Kid Ory !!!!
>
>"Blues for Jimmy Noon" - magic.

I saw Queen in the 70s as the second act to some more famous band.
They are just as good/bad now as they were then.