Phobile Moans from a Lakeland MRT

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 23:24:36 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>I decided not to get tickets. I saw Queen in 1986 and I went to the
>>Freddie Mercury tribute concert at Wembley in 1992. I've seen Roger
>>Taylor on tour and Brian May on tour. They were both very good but
>>(and perhaps this is just me showing my age) I've just got no appetite
>>anymore for old men harking after the good old days!

>Show your age ?? SHOW YOUR AGE?????
>
>Blimey - I used to rave over Kid Ory !!!!
>
>"Blues for Jimmy Noon" - magic.

Taxi for the old geezer!

(It's past his bedtime, you know)

Judith

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:19:01 +0000, Judith
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:35:41 +0000, Rooney <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>>Ta very much.

>>You haven't got the hang of flame wars, have you?

>*** off!

Don't be using your three-letter words in this group!

"Rooney" <[email protected]> wrote

> >Ta very much.

> You haven't got the hang of flame wars, have you?

Imagine my disappointment after reading the title of this thread and then
discovering it's about Queen and not Splodgenessabounds. Queen were an
overblown bunch of poofs even when they were playing 3rd on the bill at the
likes of The Fulham Greyhound. I did hear a rumour that they've got Charlie
Harper in to fill Freddie's shoes though which should be a bit of an
improvement.

Fran wrote

> I'll have some of whatever Tony's having please.

Is that the prescription drugs, or the cognitive behaviour therapy?

T.
Post! It's a post! Oh, it's a post! It's a...

Fran wrote:

> No thanks, if it's all the same to you. In fact, having
> thought about it, yes, they probably are entitled to call
> themselves Queen if they want

Especially since John Deacon is apparently quite happy for them to do
so, and Freddie seems to be quiet on the matter. I mean, it's not as if
anyone is going to turn up expecting Freddie, is it?

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

AndyP wrote:

> Imagine my disappointment after reading the title of this thread and
> then discovering it's about Queen ...Queen were an overblown bunch of

> poofs

I have to say that I agree with you here, Andy (not that it has
anything
to do with walking, mind). Apart from a couple of good tracks early on
and one or two novelty items they were very average musically. Great
showmen, however.

Chris

> Fran wrote:
>
> > No thanks, if it's all the same to you. In fact, having
> > thought about it, yes, they probably are entitled to call
> > themselves Queen if they want

> Especially since John Deacon is apparently quite happy for them to do
> so, and Freddie seems to be quiet on the matter. I mean, it's not as if
> anyone is going to turn up expecting Freddie, is it?

Why, is he dead or something? ;-)

Nick